WHY AREN'T THERE MORE TUTORIALS ON THE BASICS?

I have the next tutorial half written but I decided to work my ass off on my game instead. I will submit more when I can.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
I thought about writing a tutorial, but it's just something I've never been great at. I like technical writing, but instruction manuals tend to trip me up.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I could write RM2K3 tutorials on almost anything, but I don't have time to read every tutorial in existance and figure out what hasn't been covered yet.

It would be nice if the Writing section of the website were split into basic vs. advanced tutorials. Also if tutorials could be set to be for multiple engines - so that when someone downloaded RMVX and then did a search for RMVX tutorials, they would see the switches tutorial. And if someone else downloaded RMXP and then did a search for RMXP tutorials, they would see the same switches tutorial.
Did we build a better noob?
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
post=151135

We have the technology!
To be honest being a noob myself I have found the site intimidating.

There are a few useful tutorials for rpg 2k3, However I think the site should have a reviewing section where you post projects (which are not completed) and instead of just "Blah blah game sucks" people should say like what they think could be improved on the game.

At the moment noobs (Like me) simply post a game and because I havnt been making games long it didnt really get anything said about it except a patch I didnt put in(Which I didnt actually know about when I was making it)

But yeah a section for noob games maybe not just pile em in with the games made by pros.
post=151139
post=151135
We have the technology!

We can rebuild him...

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
post=152420
At the moment noobs (Like me) simply post a game and because I havnt been making games long it didnt really get anything said about it except a patch I didnt put in(Which I didnt actually know about when I was making it)

Sadly, that's a problem with games of all levels of quality. No one ever offers any real advice. I posted my finished game on this site and half a dozen other ones and the most useful feedback I ever got back was that the game description in my post needed to focus more on the humor instead of just the plot. Aside from that it was just people snorting at individual jokes from the opening sequence, reporting ridiculously minor bugs (which are helpful, but not... really helpful), and complaining about things so dumb that I can only imagine they were playing a different game and responded to the wrong topic. In almost a year, I'm not sure I've gotten more than one or two suggestions about game design.

So if people seem to be ignoring or hating on your game, it has nothing to do with you being new. It just has to do with a general lack of constructive feedback on RPG Maker sites. Which is a huge shame. At least the forums are helpful, as long as you're having discussions about general design issues instead of about your specific game. But there really should be more discussions about how to improve people's games.
LockeZ, not only that, but I've noticed that your game gets noticed and commented on if you can manage to pump out custom artwork every 2 days, whether it's actually related to the game or not. People sure like their artwork.
LockeZ
You should write a tutorial on how to artificially get your game noticed and commented on more than usual via methods like that.

I'd read it.
post=152493
LockeZ, not only that, but I've noticed that your game gets noticed and commented on if you can manage to pump out custom artwork every 2 days, whether it's actually related to the game or not. People sure like their artwork.

To expand on this further, a game that is Aesthetically beautiful will get noticed and commented on more than a game that might be really fun to play but just looks mediocre or worse. It's just how the RM community is.
That's just how the world is.
LEECH
who am i and how did i get in here
omg im so gunna write "RMVX 4 BEGGINERS!" tutorial.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
So I just read the first page of this topic and I think that all of you are humongous jerks except for WIP.

http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/6720/?post=151556#post151556
Are we reading the same topic?
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
All of your examples sucked, kentona. None of them were actual written and easily-referenced tutorials.

(Also I guess this is kind of my fault on a whole since kentona sent me a PM last year saying something to the effect of "write VX tutorials dammit," but I am in no way saying that this issue is my entire fault!)
Actually, I read an article that the current generation, unlike, say, our parents generation, rarely learn by just reading a manual and figuring it out. They are generally more responsive to being shown how to do something by an "expert" and actively participating/practicing.

Both Anaryu and Solitayre have suggested that we start Game Workshops that deal with various game dev topics wherein a small group can work together on some aspect of game development together, with a few "experts" guiding.

tl;dr: the target demographic for these tutorials will probably not read these tutorials