WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

just some Front view 8-bit style sprites that i doodled in my freetime...
Woah, they look great. I love the last hoodlum skeleton!
So, getting very, very near the end of this game. And the closer I get to finishing it, the more depressed I am about it. Is this normal at all? It's not about the game being done, mind you. It's more about how I should've just made my own, original game instead of a Touhou fangame that borrows elements from the Final Fantasy series. About how the past 10, nearly 11 years here in a month, have all been based around this game that I can never sell nor really do anything with. I mean...I learned a bit here and there about game designing and whatnot, but...in the end, I don't know guys. I just...don't know...

I got one skillset left to add into the game for Hope, and that's it for skills other than updating Koishi's Blue Magic. All enemies and bosses are done and set to be tested, and only the final dungeon remains to be mapped with the events in there being put in, and that's it. But...I still feel there's a lot more I could do with the game, but I just don't have the drive to do THAT anymore either. All the ideas for sidequests and optional stuff, I don't know if I'll ever get to.

The worst part is, once I finish this game and release it, I don't know if I'll ever work on another game after this, as much as I'd LIKE to do my own game, simply because of how much time it takes, and the lack of resources that aren't used from other games and whatnot. T-T
author=Xenomic
So, getting very, very near the end of this game. And the closer I get to finishing it, the more depressed I am about it. Is this normal at all? It's not about the game being done, mind you. It's more about how I should've just made my own, original game instead of a Touhou fangame that borrows elements from the Final Fantasy series.

Yeah it's pretty normal. Every game idea you're going to get sick of to the point of not wanting to look at the game anymore for whatever reason. I can't speak for 10 years of game development, but it's pretty easy to regret the initial ideas that probably didn't take as much time as making it a reality and wish you had started with something cooler. It takes appreciating the process moreso than the result sometimes to work past those thoughts. It's all in the mindset.

Just finish what you can and hopefully you'll be able to look back on it. Ganbatte!
author=Xenomic
So, getting very, very near the end of this game. And the closer I get to finishing it, the more depressed I am about it. Is this normal at all? It's not about the game being done, mind you. It's more about how I should've just made my own, original game instead of a Touhou fangame that borrows elements from the Final Fantasy series. About how the past 10, nearly 11 years here in a month, have all been based around this game that I can never sell nor really do anything with. I mean...I learned a bit here and there about game designing and whatnot, but...in the end, I don't know guys. I just...don't know...

I got one skillset left to add into the game for Hope, and that's it for skills other than updating Koishi's Blue Magic. All enemies and bosses are done and set to be tested, and only the final dungeon remains to be mapped with the events in there being put in, and that's it. But...I still feel there's a lot more I could do with the game, but I just don't have the drive to do THAT anymore either. All the ideas for sidequests and optional stuff, I don't know if I'll ever get to.

The worst part is, once I finish this game and release it, I don't know if I'll ever work on another game after this, as much as I'd LIKE to do my own game, simply because of how much time it takes, and the lack of resources that aren't used from other games and whatnot. T-T

The big question, DID YOU HAVE FUN BUILDING IT? Because, I doubt you spent all this time on a project and didn't have any fun with it. This is the thing with me, when I started with my old old, really old project, it was about having fun, it was never about finishing, or selling it. It was all about, if I had fun, then that's what mattered. (Granted it was more or less my own project and not a fan project, but still)

I learned how to script with that game, I learned how to use RPG Maker 2003 do things it wasn't meant to do. To me, that was the fun, to me problem solving issues that took me day's to resolve was fun. When I stopped having fun, I stopped working on it, I moved on I guess. Didn't pick up another RPG Maker project for years after. (10 to be exact) I wasn't so much burnt out, as much as I wondered if I wasted all this time. But I came back, (quite recently actually) and jumped on my... now currently engaged in project, with a newer engine (RMXP, I know, it's old as dirt now, BUT OMG, I've found my fun again! XD) and as long as I keep having fun, I'm going to keep working on it.

I'm not saying that's your driving force, but it is for me, I think it's a major factor in why anyone makes an RPG Maker Game. My objective isn't to sell a game, or make the next big thing in gaming, it's simply to have fun. If fun wasn't your main driving force, than what was it? It's really that simple, if you spent all this time dedicating yourself to a project, then there had to be a reason. Final thought, don't give up, but start something you've never done before, something so crazy, so wacky, that you find that magic spark again. I don't think I'll ever forgive myself for waiting this long to get back into the groove.

btw... sorry for the wall of text, I've kinda just been there already, so I figured I'd pass on my two cents. =3
I think the thing that kept me going is that A) I just don't like leaving things unfinished, and B) The story I had I wanted to tell using gameplay. Sure, I could've just wrote a story or did a visual novel instead of a RPG or video game in general, but it was a story that I wanted to share with everyone, with at least some fun and/or interesting gameplay mixed in. I have fun every now and then, but then there's also a lot of times I DON'T have fun but still do it anyways.
author=Xenomic
I think the thing that kept me going is that A) I just don't like leaving things unfinished, and B) The story I had I wanted to tell using gameplay. Sure, I could've just wrote a story or did a visual novel instead of a RPG or video game in general, but it was a story that I wanted to share with everyone, with at least some fun and/or interesting gameplay mixed in. I have fun every now and then, but then there's also a lot of times I DON'T have fun but still do it anyways.

Yeah, it kinda happens, like I said, I was out of it for 10 years. I'm kicking myself for that. Especially now that I'm making something so ambitious and am having a ton of fun just... MAPPING, of all things. I've been with RM2K3 forever, so switching to a better engine really opened my eyes. (though apparently I don't know how to code, so... maybe I may try to learn some of that too while I'm at it. =3 ) It's something new, so for me, it's exciting.
Currently working on Blue Magic, with the help of Mr. Locke of the Z Droids. Trying to finally fix that up, as it's one of the very last things in the game left to do. This is what he came up with, which isn't bad honestly. This also includes updates to her normal skillset (which generally has 4 skills that's in it).

NATURAL SKILLS:

Behind You - Force another character to Cover her. Replaces Release of the Id.
Rorschach in Danmaku - As coded.
Subterranean Rose - 600/800/1050/1300/1600 non-elemental AOE damage.
Terrible Souvenir - 100 untyped piercing AOE damage per blue magic spell known.
Embryo's Dream - Grants Reraise (50) to all allies, and erases Koishi from the battle.

SKILLS FROM BLUE MAGIC:

Damage skills, in the approximate order they should be obtainable:
Ghost Touch - Absorb 450 HP from the enemy.
Spooky Swamp - 600 poison-elemental AOE damage.
Phantom Touch - Absorb 800 HP from the enemy.
Lantern - 1200 fire-elemental single target damage.
Conduit - 1200 lightning-elemental single target damage.
Empty Cube - 1000 ice-elemental single target damage + dispel.
Nether Touch - Absorb 1400 HP from the enemy.
Demon Lantern - 1800 fire-elemental single target damage.
Occult Conduit - 1800 lightning-elemental single target damage.
Inaudible Figment - 2200 non-elemental single target damage + silence (10).
Shadow Flare - 3500 dark-elemental single target damage.
Pandaemonium - 2600 mystic-elemental AOE damage.

Healing skills, in the approximate order they should be obtainable:
Thick Skin - Single target heal 800 + Protect (20).
Forget Pain - Single target heal 1200 HP + esuna.
Vanishing Rejuvenation - Self-target regen buff. 50 round duration. Every round, if Koishi is at full health and has this buff, the entire party is healed for 1% of Koishi's HP.
White Wind - Restores HP to party equal to half of caster's HP.
Quickmend - All allies who are affected by regen have regen dispelled off of them, but are instantly healed 2000 HP. No effect on allies who don't have regen.

Buffing skills, in the approximate order they should be obtainable:
Blink Away - Grants Blink (20) to all allies.
Blur - Haste (5) and NulPhys (5) to one ally.
Camoflauge - Protect (50) and Shell (50) to all allies. Formerly named Mighty Guard.

Ailment skills, in no particular order:
Ink - Inflicts Blind (50) on all enemies.
Poison Mist - Inflicts Poison (50) on all enemies.
The Unconscious - Inflicts Sleep (5) on all enemies. No fail chance. Formerly named Night.

Weird skills, in no particular order:
Magic Hammer - As coded. Drain 100 MP from one enemy.
Nova Storm - As coded. 50% chance per target to reduce each enemy and ally's HP to 1.

Of note, what do people think of Blue Magic having a % chance of being learned during battle when a skill is used? I have it set this way due to Genius of Sapphieros (Koishi has to be able to act and alive to be able to have a chance to learn the skill too, but it has multiple chances in the same battle to be learned). I've had mixed opinions on it, some saying that it's fine, others saying why?. What is everyone else's opinion on the matter.

Making Koishi interesting is hard. Even harder because of 2k3 limitations. Behind You can't be done due to 2K3 limitations, even with DynRPG as I don't think there's a way to do Cover even with that. Forcing enemies to target a specific target could be interesting, but not sure how to do that with the Provoke plugin.
Working on the massive manuscript for our horror visual novel "ReBirthed"
This thing has been in the oven for a long time and I am yet just about 1/7 done with the writing: life of an author, frustrating as it may be!
Outside of lots of testing and a few things I have no control over (sprites for Hope and Chaos), only the credits needs done! Holy crap, after 11 years, I can say the game is pretty much done. Want to do sidequests, but doubt I will. Who knows though?

What's the best way of doing a credits sequence? I'm thinking of just doing some panning over various areas of the game that the player has visited with some scenes here and there, while doing the credits during that (yes, I have a lot of people I wish to credit in the credits, including those that I used assets for and those that helped with the project over the years).
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Do your credits like this

Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Showcase bugs and glitches you had during development like in the Punsher.

Surrrrre, lemme just get riiiiight on that, both of you. : v

(I don't think I could do something as interesting as the Punisher one at all sadly. That would involve me having to know how I did that in the first place!)

I do have an idea of where I want to pan over and what will happen there, but that seems like an easy way out? But at this point, I just want to be done with the game so whatevs! I have to test the game from the start anyways, so yeah...
Huh...it's been this long without a post? Where are you all at!? Anywho, busy trying to update weapons, because weapons suck in my game and been needing updating for a while. For those interested, this is the full list of what I have in mind:

All First Strike weapons are bought at Tengu Village for 10,000 yen each.

Reimu:

*Gohei: 10 ATK, 4 DEF, 2 MAG, non-elemental.
*Ying-Yang Orb: 22 ATK, 10 DEF, 30% Crit, Mystic-elemental, Ignores Evasion, Dark Resist +50%. Hidden at Hakurei Shrine.
*Adventia: 50 ATK, Holy-elemental, First Strike. Bought at Tengu Village/Pandaemonium.
*Healing Gohei: 40 MAG, Holy-elemental, Boost power of Reimu's heals by 50%. Found at Remains of Hell.
*Nirvana: Enables Full-Life. Begin battle with MP Regen: 50. Mystic-elemental. Found at The Void.

Marisa:

*Besom Broom: 18 ATK, non-elemental.
*Black Cat: 34 ATK, 20 MAG, Dark-elemental, Blind +35%, Ignore Evasion, enables Mug. Received from Nitori at Youkai Mountain.
*Starlight Broom: MAG +50, First Strike, Mystic-elemental. Bought at Tengu Village/Pandaemonium.
*Nimbus 3000: 20 ATK, 30 SPD, Slash-All, Thunder-elemental. Found in Cave to Makai.
*Dark Nebula: Lowers all enemies Magic resistance by 20%. Mystic Resist +25%. Dark-elemental. Found at The Void.

Aya:

*Hauchiwa: 14 ATK, 5 DEF, 5 SPD, non-elemental.
*Fujin: 30 ATK, 12 SPD, 35% Crit, First Strike, Wind-elemental. Bought at Tengu Village/Pandaemonium.
*Princess's Iron Fan: 70 ATK, 25 DEF, 25 MAG, 10 SPD. Party starts with Haste: 5. Non-elemental. Found in Poltergeist Mansion.
*Zephyrus: 100 ATK, 2x Attack, Slash-All, Slow: 10. Wind-elemental. Found in Valley of Corpses.
*Tenma's Gale: -150 ATK, -35 DEF, -25 MAG, 50 SPD, start battle with Blink: 50. Wind-elemental. Found in The Void.

Meiling:

*Gojou: 28 ATK, non-elemental.
*Gauntlet: 35 ATK, non-elemental. Found at Underschool.
*Kiaiissen: 43 ATK, First Strike, Earth-elemental. Bought at Tengu Village/Pandaemonium.
*Poison Knuckles: 49 ATK, 12 MAG, Poison: oo +70%, Poison-elemental. Found at Road of Reconsideration.
*Force of Qi: 50 ATK, 25 MAG, Enables Chakra Lv2.
*Hakuraimononofu: 80 ATK, Thunder-elemental. Bought at Pandaemonium.
*Dragon Claw: 112 ATK, 15% Crit, Debrave: oo +30%, Ignore Evasion, Wind-elemental. Found at Fallen Shrine.
*Godhand: 255 ATK, Holyproof, Holy-elemental, Enables Chakra Lv3, start battle with Auto-Life. Found in The Void.

Patchouli:

*Magician's Book: 4 ATK, 12 MAG, non-elemental.
*Grimmerie: 6 ATK, 24 MAG, +25% Magic/-25% Physical.
*Feu: 10 ATK, 50 MAG, Berserk: oo +40%, Fire-elemental, +50% Fire/-50% Ice.
*Black Pullet: 6 ATK, 19 MAG, Stop: oo + 40%, Dark-elemental, +50% Dark/-50% Holy.
*Eau: 10 ATK, 65 MAG, Freeze: 50 +40%, Ice-elemental, +50% Ice/-50% Fire.
*Glace: 10 ATK, 89 MAG, Sleep: 50 +40%, Water-elemental, +50% Water/-50% Thunder. Steal from Kraken (Misty Lake).
*Foudre: 10 ATK, 95 MAG, Paralyze: 50 +40%, Thunder-elemental, +50% Thunder/-50% Water.
*Clavicula Salamonis: -20 ATK, 20 DEF, 157 MAG, 15 SPD, Lock: oo +40%, non-elemental.

Reisen:

*Traitor: 16 ATK, 10 MAG, Confuse: oo +70%, Dark-elemental.
*Blindside: 25 ATK, 5% Crit, First Strike, Dark-elemental. Bought at Tengu Village/Pandaemonium.
*Silencer: 45 ATK, 5 DEF, Silence: oo +70%, Dark-elemental.
*Bio Blaster: 59 ATK, -17 DEF, 8 MAG, 5% Crit, Poison: oo +70%, Poison-elemental.
*Bio Blaster+: 59 ATK, -17 DEF, 8 MAG, 5% Crit, Poison: oo +70%, Slash-All, Poison-elemental.
*Mad Hare: 66 ATK, 70% Crit, party starts with Sanity buff, Dark-elemental.
*Calamity Trigger: -500 ATK, -30 SPD, Poison: oo/Blind: oo/Silence: oo +50%, Slash-All, non-elemental. Found in The Void.

Sakuya:

*Silver Knife: 12 ATK, 3 DEF, 1 SPD, Undead Slayer, non-elemental.
*Spring Blossom: 20 ATK, Plant Slayer, non-elemental.
*G-Force: 25 ATK, 12 SPD, Flying Slayer, First Strike, Gravity-elemental. Bought at Tengu Village/Pandaemonium.
*Kingslayer: 40 ATK, Human Slayer, non-elemental.
*Angel Kiss: 60 ATK, God Slayer, non-elemental.
*Dragon Tooth Dagger: 80 ATK, 20 DEF, Dragon Slayer, non-elemental.
*Dagger of Time: Doubles Critical: Haste passive.
*Quantum Leap: 0 stats, Enables Haste/Hastega, non-elemental. Found in The Void.

Momiji:

*Bastard Sword: 28 ATK, 5% Crit, Beast Slayer, non-elemental.
*Precieuse: 45 ATK, 5 DEF, First Strike, Beast Slayer, non-elemental. Bought at Tengu Village/Pandaemonium.
*Tyrfing: 140 ATK, 50 DEF, Beast Slayer, non-elemental. HP is halved at start of battle. Earth Resist +50% to party, Earth Resist -50% to Momiji.
*Ragnarok: 180 ATK, Youkai Slayer, non-elemental. Start battle with Return Damage: 20%. Bought at Pandaemonium.
*Durandal: 225 ATK, 94 DEF, Dragon Slayer, non-elemental. Start battle with Protect: 50.
*Excalibur: 400 ATK, 255 DEF, God Slayer, Holy-elemental. Start battle with full HP. Mystic Resist +50%. Found in The Void.

Nitori:

*Wrench: 10 ATK, 15 SPD, 25% Crit, Slash-All, Ignore Evasion, First Strike, non-elemental.
*Techno Glove: 22 ATK, 8 DEF, Machine Slayer, Water-elemental. Thunder Resist +50%. Doubles amount of Base Metal found from passive.
*Kaiser Gauntlet: 40 ATK, 10 MAG, 60% Crit, Machine Slayer, Water-elemental. Increase Physical damage by 10% to all enemies.
*Warlock Gauntlet: 70 ATK, 35 DEF, 25 MAG, Machine Slayer, Dark-elemental. Start battle with MP Shield.
*Hisoutensoku: 165 ATK, Machine Slayer, non-elemental. PBlock +33%. Start battle with random Nul- element buff. Found in The Void.

Youmu:

*Hakurouken: 22 ATK, 15 DEF, 5 SPD, 25% Crit, Ghost Slayer, non-elemental.
*Roukanken: 30 ATK, 10 DEF, 12% Crit, Slash-All, Ignore Evasion, Ghost Slayer, non-elemental.
*Cloudcover: 57 ATK, -12 DEF, 15 SPD, 5% Crit, First Strike, Ghost Slayer, Wind-elemental. Bought at Tengu Village/Pandaemonium.
*Dragoncrest: 82 ATK, 50 DEF, 18% Crit, Ghost Slayer, Dragon Slayer, Earth-elemental. Start battle with Lv3 Focus. Enables Bonecrusher Lv2.
*Mournblade: 56 ATK, 22% Crit, Instant Death +50%, Ghost Slayer, Dark-elemental. Increases HP threshold for Bonecrusher to 50% HP.
*Muramasa: 104 ATK, 20 SPD, 100% Crit, Ghost Slayer, non-elemental. Grants Doom: 20 and Haste: 20 at the start of battle.
*Masamune: 220 ATK, 35 DEF, 20 SPD, 70% Crit, non-elemental. Start battle with all Stance abilities. Enables Focus Lv3.
*Murasame: 190 ATK, 30% Crit, non-elemental. Start battle with max level Focus. Enables Bonecrusher Lv3.

Komachi:

*Testament: 32 ATK, Death +5%, Ghost Slayer, non-elemental.
*Charon: 45 ATK, -5 DEF, 14 MAG, Death +10%, Ghost Slayer, Dark-elemental. Enables Money Talks.
*Cerberus: 55 ATK, Death +15%, 3x-Cut, Ghost Slayer, Dark-elemental.
*Deathbringer: 80 ATK, -50 SPD, Ghost Slayer, Dark-elemental. Start battle with Instant Death immunity to the party.
*Undertaker: 104 ATK, 25 DEF, 25 MAG, Ghost Slayer, Dark-elemental. Revives all KO'd allies at the start of battle.
*Apocalypse: 340 ATK, PBlock +20%, MBlock +20%, Ghost Slayer, Debrave/Deprotect/Defaith/Fear: 50 +100%, Dark-elemental. Found in The Void.

Yuuka:

*Parasol: 80 ATK, non-elemental.
*Sunflower Umbrella: 120 ATK, 50 DEF, 10 SPD, 45% Crit, Earth-elemental.
*Hir'rokane Umbrella: 300 ATK, 75 DEF, 10 MAG, 20 SPD, 60% accuracy, 36% Crit, Ignore Evasion, Earth-elemental.
*Twinkle Star: 100 ATK, 50 MAG, Wind Resist +50%, Wind-elemental.
*Riviera: 50 ATK, 50 SPD, 25% Crit, Water Resist +50%, Water-elemental.
*Infernal Geyser: 180 ATT, 25 DEF, Fire Resist +50%, Fire-elemental.
*Perfect Green: 255 ATK/DEF/MAG, 50 SPD, 100% accuracy, First Strike, Earth-elemental. Always enable Auto-Regen and Auto-MP Regen for Yuuka regardless of terrain. Found in The Void.

Remilia:

*Claws: 50 ATK, 5% Crit, non-elemental, Human Slayer.
*Griffin Claw: 77 ATK, 10 SPD, 3% Crit, Ignore Evasion, Wind-elemental, Human Slayer.
*Rapid Claw: 80 ATK, -40 DEF, -50 MAG, -50 SPD, 60% accuracy, 15% Crit, 4x Cut, Ignore Evasion, Dark-elemental.
*Daybreaker: 75 ATK, 20% Crit, Ignores battle passive. Grant Regeneration Lv2, Human Slayer. Enables Vampirish Night.
*Midnight Requiem: 84 ATK, Blind: oo + 100%, ignores battle passive, non-elemental, Human Slayer. Enables Remilia Stoker.
*Crimson Twilight: Speed +30. Ignores battle passive, Fire-elemental, Human Slayer. Enables "Millennium Vampire".
*Queen of Midnight: 99 ATK, 70% accuracy, 50% Crit, Dark-elemental, Human Slayer. Grants Regeneration Lv3. Enables Hell Catastrophe.
*Gungnir: 400 ATK, 100% accuracy, Omni Slayer, Disable: 10 +10%, Mystic-elemental. Two-handed weapon. Grants Regeneration Lv3 and Amok. Found in The Void.

Mokou:

*Brave Knuckle: 48 ATK, 75% Crit, non-elemental.
*Ghost Shell: 58 ATK, -50 DEF, -20 SPD, Ghost Slayer, Death +50%, non-elemental.
*Berserker: 84 ATK, 30% Crit, Berserk: oo +70%, 2x Cut, Fire-elemental.
*Flare Arms: 80 ATK, 30% chance of casting Flare when attacking (dummied obviously), Fire-elemental.
*Flames of Niflheim: Found in The Void.

Byakuren:

*Sorcerer's Sutra: 55 ATK, 10 DEF, 20 MAG, 25% Crit, non-elemental.
*Mysidian Scroll: 70 ATK, 20 MAG, non-elemental.
*SOS Scroll: 95 ATK, -20 DEF, 40 MAG, 10 SPD, 100% Crit, consumes 15 MP per attack.
*Diamond Scroll: 50 ATK, 150 DEF, 20 MAG, -20 SPD, non-elemental.
*Cosmic Mind:

Sanae:

*Onusa: 22 ATK, 5 SPD, 30% Crit, Dispels buffs when attacking, non-elemental.
*Star Rod: 32 ATK, 35% Crit, First Strike, Holy-elemental.
*Magical Girl's Stick: 10 ATK, 50 DEF, 80 MAG, 25 SPD, 50% Crit, Ignore Evasion, Holy-elemental. Changes Miracle to MP recovery only.
*Omikuji Onusa: 89 ATK, 30 MAG, 12 SPD, Holy-elemental. Healing +25%. Enables Omikuji+ Lv2.
*Vajra: Dispels buffs when attacking. Party starts battle with Shell: 50. Found in The Void.

Suwako:

*Iron Ring: 45 ATK, 20 DEF, -10 SPD, non-elemental.
*Toad Ring: 52 ATK, 25% Crit, First Strike, Water-elemental.
*Venom Wheel: 65 ATK, Poison: oo +100%, Poison-elemental.
*Morning Sun: 65 ATK, Fire Resist +33%, non-elemental.
*Full Moon: 65 ATK, Dark Resist +33%, non-elemental.
*Deadly Sin: 80 ATK, -20 DEF, -20 MAG, -10 SPD, 100% Crit, Dark-elemental.
*Rings of Faith: 92 ATK, 100 MAG, +30 SPD, MBlock +33%, Mystic-elemental. Starts battle with Faith: 50. Holy Resist +33%. Enables Lv3 Hibernate. Found in The Void.

Advent Cirno:

*Watermelon Blade: 35 ATK, 5 DEF, 5 SPD, 25% Crit, non-elemental.
*Lucky Popsicle Stick: 30 ATK, 75% Crit, First Strike, Ice-elemental.
*Buster Sword: 160 ATK, non-elemental. Grants SOS Protect.
*Materia Blade: 100 ATK, PBlock +10%, non-elemental. Doubles power of Boost. Grants SOS Shell.
*Tsurugi -EASY-: 285 ATK, 2x Cut, Ice-elemental. Grants SOS Regen.
*Ultima Weapon: 500 ATK, 4x-Cut, non-elemental. Increases HP threshold for Limit (75% instead of 150%). Found in The Void.

Keine:

*Bento Box: 15 ATK, 5 SPD, Paralyze: 50 +20%, non-elemental.

Utsuho:

*Nuclear Cannon: 84 ATK, -40 DEF, -20 SPD, 10% Crit, Slash-All, Gravity-elemental.
*Cannondorf: 92 ATK, -95 DEF, -20 SPD, Slash-All, Gravity-elemental.
*Nuclear Flare: 116 ATK, -40 DEF, -20 SPD, Sap/MP Sap: oo +50%, Slash-All, Gravity-elemental.
*Bahamut's Breath:
*BFG9000:
*Yatagarasu's Eye: Found in The Void.

I'm actually having difficulty spacing these out in the game, since I'm not sure where would be good to get what, and while I agree that not every character needs a weapon upgrade all at once and every 3 dungeons or so, it feels like some characters will have a huge stretch of no new weapons (despite being able to get new skills, armors, helmets, shields, and accessories). Is this actually fine or not? Also, with these new weapons, most of them aren't even sold in shops (the First Strike weapons are all at Tengu Village, which does end up destroyed and thus can later be bought at Pandaemonium, but outside of that, there's not really much else in shops right now). Should I even bother keeping weapon shops if this is the case? Or should weapons be relegated to just chests, steals, and drops?
It's because all I do is shitty incremental changes then quit doing anything for months and if I ever go back and look at it I just feel miserable over how little I've accomplished since my last post!

So here ya go:

- The old victory screen was poop because it'd only show the battle party members getting EXP and the bar would only fill up for one level. I changed it to show the entire party (since everybody gets EXP from battle) and the EXP bar will fill up multiple times if they get multiple levels and a few other minor things like not doing the tick sound if everybody is max level because nothing is actually ticking! There's no cool animated LEVEL UP text though, the exp gauge changes color, the tick is changed to something else, and the reported character level goes from 'Lv X' to 'Lv X+1'. Also Lv10 is now LvMAX.

- Did a new save menu, and by new I mean I just added some slots and animations in the menu for scrolling. Also auto-saves! The game now autosaves when the player enters a town or leaves a dungeon.

- More dumb shit: Enemies now appear in a little flash and sound and in a pseudo-rng pattern. Bosses get a red flash and appear last. I like it and it adds a bit extra when the fight start.

- Related to above, I changed how the RNG works. It is now seeded based on a shitty hash algorithm of the player's name when they start and the seed and RNG advances are saved and duplicated when the user loads a save. Also simply waiting will advance the RNG after a few frames in most cases (the update is in all Scene objects during the update but not all scenes call that update every frame). I have no idea why I did this it's because I was working on a seeded RNG bit for the above bit and I was watching NESCardinality's speedrun of Dragon Warrior 2 NES so I did this

re: Weapon shops. If getting weapons are in chests or related to RNG then shops might be good in case the player misses something, especially with some of the effects yours have. Permanently missing a ATK+5 stick isn't too bad (except for completionists) but if it's missing a healing rate up, or elemental resistance up, or X-killers the shops can serve as a backup if the player missed a weapon.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Just solved a weird bug with my spell cooldowns after spending three days on it. Ugh. Wasn't even caused by my code, it was a bug in Victor Sant's ATB script. His VX Ace scripts seem so much more stable than his XP scripts.

The ATB script was overwriting some code used by status-infliction code, which made the status code think that every self-inflicted status was paralyzing the user because instead of just checking for paralysis it was also checking to see if their ATB bar was still full afterwards. This didn't actually paralyze the user, but caused the status code to cancel the user's current action. But it didn't actually prevent the action, because the action was cancelled after the action was already completed... but before the cooldown was applied. This meant that cooldowns were failing only for self-targetted spells that applied beneficial status effects.

That is a convoluted as everloving fuck bug. Spending more than twelve hours to track down a single bug in someone else's code is not my idea of a fun start to my week.
Waxius
"Someday I'll finish my game... someday.."
But you must feel very satisfied to have figured it out! I've done this to myself looking at some of my old code and thought "Why did I do it THIS way?"

LockeZ
I'm torn between "Solving an obscure bug in someone else's undocumented 40000 line program with no debugger is kind of impressive, right? I should feel good?" and "Holy shit that took forever. I made no progress this week except getting back to where I thought I already was. The guy who made this probably could've fixed that himself in fifteen minutes."
\

Whiteboxing like a big boy

It feels alright to have even the most bare bones iota of "game" after months and months and months of nothing but pen and paper/GDD work
Oh, I'm just releasing a huge update for my first game to make it better than it ever was.

Updates:
-New and greatly improved mapping!
-Fixed bugs & grammar, checked by multiple beta testers and proofreaders!
-Added text in certain scenes!
-Added more flavor text!
-Changed the good endings so it wasn't so similar, and change one neutral ending completely!
-There will be character graphics!
-End room will be an entire profile page for each character showing an entire body picture of them and small details such as their height & weight!
-Bonus rooms where you can see new, added scenes that go further into character background!
-Updated title screen image!
-Updated window skin, bubble icon & menu!
-Every choice will now matter for certain endings, even the ones that were originally just more flavor text such as Elizabeth asking your type of dream girl!
-Fixed bloody facesets!
-Eventually, a download with voice actors (if enough people are interested)!

I'm soloing most of it and it's taking a long time and I promised myself I wouldn't work on any other games I had more muse for because this one needed to get done but YOU KNOW. JUST NORMAL DEVVING. T.T