WHATCHU PLAYIN': BIG BOY SCREENSHOT TOPIC

author=Feldschlacht IV
I like ManShep because he's all badass gets shit done I dunno he's just cool. I like space marine's they're the shit.

Also Shepard is a SPACE NAVAL OFFICER PAL not a SPACE MARINE

*veins pop out*
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
MOG, are you trying to tell us that you're gay?

Good thing I can add to the topic since my screenshot hotkey finger is usually on rapid-fire!

better than my first playthrough (POTENTIAL SPOILERS FOR OUTCOMES THAN CAN HAPPEN IN DA:O)

re: hide tags... "fuck why did I bring Morrigan"

other, first-playthrough goodies (I should seriously make a topic about this I have waaay too many screenshots)

craze's DA:O is a lot more entertaining than the DA:O i played
Craze
I have that effect on games! See, I'm a risk-taker. Risk is, I believe, what ultimately makes an RPG (or most genres, really) fun - and that risk can't be held back by quicksaves or other exploits. Giving Wynne red wine and getting high approval from it is a pleasant surprise for a risk, one that could have turned mediocre (and then "remedied" with a quickload). I quite strongly believe that doing something and dealing with the consequences is much more fun than playing it safe.

I often joke that I'm bad at videogames, because, well, I usually am. My "poor" playing is actually due to games really, really hating risk - oh you weren't level 6 yet? Screw you! That's why I like games like EOIII and DA:O and especially The Sims 3 (which is amazing at this).

Next time you're playing Etrian Odyssey III, see if you can save a few ental by going back up those four floors without an Ariadne Thread. When you're playing Dragon Age: Origins, don't look up who likes what gifts; experiment, even if it means you don't get maxed everything. Don't bother with filling up that item compendium with alchemy because it'd be much more fun to challenge Dhoulmagus at L25.

By taking risks, you heighten the experience and make it that much more engaging. Even better, incorporate rewards for risk into your game. It's as simple as putting reasonable optional bosses all throughout (say, a L10 boss in an L6 area), guarding some nice treasure or plot. The people that go back when they're overpowered and cream those bosses are just missing out on having a good time. They're lame. Boooo!

The Sims 3 has a "Loser" trait you can apply to a sim. Yeah, it sucks - any wishes that sim has to win a foosball match probably aren't going to happen. Suddenly, your Loser sim is electrocuted by fixing a television while the sink was leaking water everywhere! Death comes to visit, but he shakes his head and takes pity on the poor guy for failing at life. He'll wait until old age.

Play with risk, reward risk and live risk. And yes, I am "bad" at Risk because I gamble. My grandfather hates playing Yahtzee with me because somehow I get the full houses it's not right for the dice to roll out - I take that 1/6 chance and POUND IT INTO THE GROUND.

Risk. <3

EDIT:

<People> FFII sucks
<Craze> Why does FFII suck
<People> The best way to get HP is to hit yourself on the head! It's hax!
<Craze> THEN DON'T FUCKING HIT YOURSELF ON THE HEAD
<Craze> You can't say something sucks if you don't at least make an attempt to try to see it the way it was meant to be seen - this can be hard for different people in different ways. For instance, I really dislike it when a painting is four squares and it is supposed to be symbolic of Jerusalem during the time of Christopher Columbus with Frank Zappa watching, but hey, I try to at least find which square is supposed to be which.
<Craze> Just play it, dive in. What's the worst that could happen? You get a little upset at a VIDEO GAME?
<People> :<
<People> Craze you are never going to get a hot boyfriend if you don't conform to boring
<Craze> :< I know :<
<Craze> You can't say something sucks if you don't at least make an attempt to try to see it the way it was meant to be seen

A waste of time from an era where the quality of RPGs was based on the value of the game clock?
Just got DA:O and Awakening, Awesome gameplay but I feel so overwhelmed with the choices at times I lock up and cant pick a road to go down. Oh well, at least it will keep me busy

LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Hit Craze up for the ~essential~ mods - Helmet Invisifier, Morrigan/Leliana Unfugly, etc.

DA:O doesn't require many but little things like that will vastly improve your playing experience.
I never use mods on my first run though a game, If i do it just doesn't feel right

Oh lawdy!
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
author=ChaosProductions
Leliana Unfugly
Craze
my Leliana:

While we're on pretties, my Morrigan and Sten!

is dragon age just being a sexy woman all the time
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
this is not a problem from where i am standing
Craze
Just so you know, my avatar and the morphs shown above are from/based on this trailer:

I wouldn't use morphs if the designers didn't create much better-looking versions to follow; I'm vain, but not to the point of straying from the original intent.

Though he has a laser rifle in that shot, I ended up taking it back from him. He ended up going 'Screw you' and picked up a Plasma Rifle somewhere along the way, which I only noticed when I went to pile more robes on him, sneaky bastard.
lol why you got boone dressed up as a crazy ghoul cultist, yo
'cause somehow the robe is actually better than the Merc crap he starts with, by a single DT. I'll give him a suit of leather once I find one, if I had recruited him before I used them to repair my own armour.
Craze
...so FO:NV looks exactly like FO3.
apparently it's much better
author=Craze
...so FO:NV looks exactly like FO3.

Yes, but much, much better. Changed gameplay mechanics, combat, how quests operate, companions, choices, etc etc. Also because the the original writers of the series is writing it instead of Bethesda.
Craze
they should use Rudras next time