THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

@Darkspinesupersonic: http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/32184/locker/NewBedroomImage.PNG
Your mapping is Ok for the most part, but you could still cut some of your maps in half for better results, specially on the interiors. Link

@Choco-EllioyWyver: http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/5123/screenshots/Cliff.png
Just a small fix. Try adding some shadows on the lower part of the cliff to add a sense of depth and so it doesn't like its just a wall. Link

@SnowOwl: http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s381/Snowwl/Pic_zps7b5b9da2.png
Whoa! Easy on the textures there, fella. =P The textures are a little distracting, and it doesn't help that the character is a tiny black thing.

@Thanbennyguy: http://i.imgur.com/4dwrSdR.png
Try to make the the dirt road and grass patches blend more naturally. I gave it a shot but it looks awful. You can do better than me. Link

@meisam: http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/31339/locker/watchtower_5.JPG
That watchetower is starting to shape up, but I'd say it is still missing a little 'house' at the top so it looks like the world map version.

@Mr_Detective: http://i44.tinypic.com/2nlag6w.png
I can see the desk and the couch but the table seems really out of place. Here's an in-between your map and LockeZ's version. Link
meisam
meisam your not using semicolon properly, and that's a laughing matter.
@alterego: thanks, yes you are right, i didn't add a house because, at that time it looked so weird. but it need some kind of roof, i just don't know how.

the middle (red) is a bar and inn, right down building is a trader house, it manage all sort of trade, but its not where goods being stored,
there are four guild Representative in this town,
1- thief guild, lower left: it should have a feeling of secrets and dodgy, most of guild will be in the basement. 2- Armorer guild: (upper right) it should have the feeling of defense and endure, , 3- Mage guild, its the teleport in the middle, and should have feeling of mystery. 4- Fighter guild: it should have the feeling of direct offense.
this part and port is all that player will be able to see in this town, the pub is where he will recruit pre made companions and talk with them.
How about this now? Is the table too big? :D

Finished the jumping part of the game. And I noticed while making it that there are no sounds of MQ anywhere, at least not that I could find.

And map #2 Level Forest
http://i.imgur.com/A85qFvi.png
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Mr_Detective
How about this now? Is the table too big? :D

That room is as big as my apartment, man. I've never seen a hospital room with enough space for 40 people in it, which yours has. My example had enough space for 5 people, which is as big as they get.
@TDS:
That is really cool! Is this part of a game you're making? (I hope it is!) :)
meisam
hmm, i am really not sure how to handle no comments, dose it means its so bad, that its not even worth talking about it?
really if its that much bad, just tell me "its shit", i won't become depressed :)
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
@meisam: Some more stuff outside would help a lot. Right now you have 0 stuff outside.
I don't know... It is really small compared to the other rooms in the game. :-?

Or maybe this one is better? :P

meisam
you are right, i just want to make sure, the layout is alright, and its not too off.
from watchtower i find out that, i have a vision when i am making the map, because of that i can't see my work fault. that's why i ask here, thanks for helping me, i really need it :)
LockeZ
author=Mr_Detective
I don't know... It is really small compared to the other rooms in the game. :-?
Yeah, making your rooms way way way too big is a recurring problem you have.

Hospital rooms don't have couches, dining tables, cabinets or lockers. If they had room for that stuff they would use it to put more beds in the room. It's not a hotel.
author=LockeZ
Hospital rooms don't have couches, dining tables, cabinets or lockers. If they had room for that stuff they would use it to put more beds in the room. It's not a hotel.

What if it's a big and fancy hospital? Would that be acceptable? I mean, I thought it will fit the setting the game has. :-?

I cut the map a little smaller, but I still want to put two windows and an air conditioner in there.

LockeZ
There's no such thing a big hospital for rich people with fancy rooms. Hospitals take whoever comes in. There might be a REALLY SMALL hospital for rich people with fancy rooms, but it would only get like a hundred patients a year and probably only have four doctors, because catering to millionaires isn't a good business model. Also it would have to be not in Japan, where I think your game is set, because Japan's health care system doesn't work like that. It could maybe be in a small island nation.

I mean I guess maybe it makes sense if it's a specialty section of the hospital, built for people who are going to be there for over a month...? Oh well, it's better than the other versions at least, so I give up.

As a less important note, most hospitals have large windows covering as much of the walls as possible, for medical reasons (sunlight helps people feel better). However this isn't ALWAYS true. But I would probably at least replace the clock with another window. It's a dumb place for a clock anyway; you can't see it from the bed.
It is set in an alternate, advanced technological world that has a higher living standard. I removed the clock and replaced it with another window as you suggested. I can't make it too small since I will have to fit many NPCs in there at one point in the story. :D

author=Dr. House
Oh well, it's better than the other versions at least, so I give up.

I don't want to sound I am ignoring all the advices, so I tried to fix it as much as I could. If there is any other suggestion, just tell me, and I'll see what I can do. :P
http://cbshothits957.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/beyonce-hospital-1.jpg?w=620

Don't hospital have like VIP suits too, for celebrities and the like? Or anyone willing to fork over the money if they're available? If you goggle pictures of fancy hospital rooms you'll find many examples of it. Some even have normal beds for visitors to spend the night... But one thing I'm 'sure' of is that none of them have dinner tables. :| No matter how rich you are, if you're sick enough to be on a hospital you'll be on a strict diet for a while. And visitors would most likely eat at the cafeteria, for obvious reasons.

@meisam: I get the feeling that this is supposed to be some kind of central HUB for the player to quickily access the different guilds, but even so, it's too sterile. It just doesn't feel like part of a real town. Where are the streets? The lamps? The trees? etc. Also some of those building are rather tiny and oddly shaped for what they are. The armored guild, for example, I imagine it wouldn't be anything short of a mini castle, complete with towering walls and whatnot. =P ...If you don't feel confident mapping all of this, maybe you should take another approach. Have an overview of the entire town whit just a few houses highlighted for the player to go in.
meisam
lol the best i could come up with.

@ alterego, you are absolutely right. except its not the center HUB its the only place player can see.
i have this crazy idea of giving every building unique features and look, maybe i have gone too far :S.
other towns will call this town "bunch of crazy people, who build weird buildings".

as there is not much for the player to do in the exterior area of town, maybe i should use a town picture, where player can chose his destination in a menu. what do you think? the only purpose of exterior area is filler + talking with NPC.
@Orias_Obderhode:

Nah, I'm just compiling the resources and scripts. I'm trying to do at least 1 map a week as a side project since the people I was working with finished their own projects and don't seem to need more scripts, so it's mostly for fun and not because it's going to be a full game.

After I'm done I'll just release the maps and resources I found in case anyone wants to go forward from there.
@ Meisam - Nice job on the map, looks great! The only last minute change I would do, if you want, is to remove those three boxes in the lower right hand corner and move the three barrels on the left hand corner to the other side of the big red house, so it looks a bit more even. Still, very nice.
meisam
@ Addit: really? you liked it, thanks man
about barrels, you are right i am not even sure how they end up there :P. thanks to mention it. i hate when i throw random things just to fill the place :|
@alterego
I'll be making the character sprite slightly bigger.