THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

author=Liberty
The main issue is that the chairs at the desks don't really fit with the ones at the top of the screen. So perhaps your idea for sofas would work. You could try editing the layout of the sofas so that enough of the top part is in the top tiles so as to look as though they're beneath the tables somehow. It would pretty much depend on the kind of sofa you'd be using, though.
You could also, instead, make the sofas against the walls instead and make the tables one tile thinner to fit another on the off-wall side.

You are right, I didn't notice that. Another problem with the sofas is that no one can "sit" on them. I have two designs at the moment, I think the second one is more realistic. But at the same time, it feels kinda empty at the bottom left, and those sofas are merely decorations. :P

LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
You don't really need trees in a library. You and I know they're just filler. Take them out, remove a tile or two from the width and it will look a bit cozier.
Another thing I highly suggest is grabbing the top of a shelf and putting it on its own tile, then using it to look like there's shelves behind the current shelves. It would be a half-tile so set it to above and viola, triple the amount of books, looking more like a library.
I'd also recommend shortening or removing that couch at the bottom. Also, carpets. I've never been to a library that wasn't carpeted flooring.
author=Liberty
You don't really need trees in a library. You and I know they're just filler. Take them out, remove a tile or two from the width and it will look a bit cozier.
Another thing I highly suggest is grabbing the top of a shelf and putting it on its own tile, then using it to look like there's shelves behind the current shelves. It would be a half-tile so set it to above and viola, triple the amount of books, looking more like a library.
I'd also recommend shortening or removing that couch at the bottom. Also, carpets. I've never been to a library that wasn't carpeted flooring.

Are you sure about cutting one or two tiles? This is how it will look like.

I haven't put the carpet in completely yet because I want to make sure everything else is okay first. :P I think the left sofa is way too close to the reception/check out desk. I could pull the sofas up again, and put in another one at the bottom. I guess that's better.
meisam
meisam your not using semicolon properly, and that's a laughing matter.
Mr-D you didn't cut that correctly, its probably more than half a tile so you better not use a grid. just zoom in as much as you can.
I am not sure about this and how it will look like. but maybe you should rotate the final product for 180.
author=meisam
Mr-D you didn't cut that correctly, its probably more than half a tile so you better not use a grid. just zoom in as much as you can.
I am not sure about this and how it will look like. but maybe you should rotate the final product for 180.

I did, and I thought that was the right size... I also tried to rotate it like you said, but it didn't look right. Anyway, we're sticking with the second map, right?

Liberty? :-?
meisam

I don't like it much. at the same time I dunno what should I add or remove.
edit: the size of the door was on my nerve so I changed it.
@meisam: The only thing I can think of is the map is lacking depth (iow. It's a bit square). Other then that, it seems fine too me.
Yeah, that looks a lot better, Mr D. Try this quick edit for the shelf tops, though:

The lighting should be fine as it shows the light coming from that side for the other tops, too. It does look odd, but bar a more intensive edit, they'll do as is.

@meisam: the main issue I have is the door looks like it's floating off the floor. Try adding a ! in front of the name of the file it's in. By default character sets are off-set by a few pixels in height so that the heroes look like they're actually within the map itself instead of flat against the border of each tile. It adds depth. Adding the ! changes the sprite set so that it is actually flat against the grid. (On a similar note, if you have a sprite set that's just one 3x4 sprite, adding a $ will have it act as a single sheet instead of a full one with the 12x8 spacing)

I don't mind how square it is. It looks fine like that, but perhaps some lights (lamps or candles) and carpeting would make it look a bit homlier. Also, I'd recommend changing the circular table in the lower left for a square one like the others instead.
And next time try saving the image as png. It reduces quality loss and looks a lot better. ;D
meisam
@facesforce, I want the interior connected to the exterior, sadly I designed the exterior before the interior, now I think It's better to do the otherway. thanks man:).

very good eye's Liberty :P, also I placed a npc to cover it (it have other reasons too) you still find it :D.
Oh the !,$ is more powerful that I thought, I am going to read more about this thanks.
wow today was exceptional, I learned 2 very important mapping trick (and how to save images :P)
many many thanks guys.

Edit: I forget to thank Archeia_Nessiah and NOACCEPTANCE772, also finding and making a suitable event isn't easy, I think (hope) I can manage that :P
Thanks for the help, Princess! :D

Now, I think there might be a problem with those desks...

If you're really against them, create your own tiles that fix those issues. Sure, there's always going to be edging issues. Why? Because there's always going to be edges. Granted I don't like certain parts of those trees (and hate the messed up underwater cliff tiles) but for what they are, they work okay.
Are they the best tiles ever? Nope. Do they work if used well? Yeah.
author=Sated
First of all, that these tiles don't have transparency around the edges of the canopy is really jarring. You can always see this thin line of black dissecting the canopy leaves and the ground/scenery around them. This is most obvbious with the trees towards the bottom left. It looks fairly ridiculous. I'm pretty sure the canopy in the RM2K/3 version of these tiles was part of the top-layer rather than the bottom-layer and so was allowed to have transparency (although I don't think those tiles were RTP, which might explain it...)

The way Autotiles in 2k3 and VX(Ace) works extremely different. If you do have a transparent Autotile it will be replaced with something black. (I tried it). The only way to get around it is to put the canopy tiles on an upper layer. That is if you have any space left. Tile space is always a huge problem as a whole. (Unlike in RMXP but let's not get there :P)
There's an issue with the sides in that the way they autotile is... annoying*, so they are harder to fix. Personally I've been working on fixing those for a while here and there. I'll get it done one of these days, I'm sure. It's not a pressing issue imo, though. (That screenshot is old and was only shown to show that you could map with those tiles effectively. I've since fixed the bottoms of the tree tiles in that project. :P )

*They're odd in that they're 64 x 64, (two 32x32 blocks), but the actual middle area tiling is done by swapping the middle 16x16 parts and alternating them. Don't get me started on the very middle parts which swap both top and bottom, depending on height of the autotiled parts (are you doing a three tile or two tile high tree?) and width. I much prefer the old 2k/3 way. Much. Also, yeah, no transparency unless you want to move them to B/C/D/E tiles, but then you lose the tiling feature and ability to cover them with said B/C/D/E tiles in the case of overlapped trees.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Using charsets instead of tilesets for the treetop tiles would solve the problem, but add one or two new problems.

Using a parallax background that you made out of those tiles in photoshop would also solve the problem too, but would be far more work.

Using RPG Maker XP instead of VX Ace would solve the problem much more thoroughly, and also solve like twenty other major problems with mapping, but it would add another twenty or thirty new problems.

Such is life.
A small piece of my first dungeon (yes, it's a forest *hides*).

inb4 RTP sucks.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You're starting a new RTP game in RPG Maker 2003?

I was pretty sure the only legit reasons to use RPG Maker 2003 were "all the SNES tileset rips have already been formatted for it" and "I started my game eight years ago"

I'm amused that you edited the RTP to make cliffs at 30 degree angles though
Lol, yeah. I do love the 2K(3) RTP. It goes perfectly with the style of game that I want to make, and it's easy to edit or make stuff for that blends in with that style.