THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I am sorry for offending you so much by posting some screenshots in the screenshot thread.

(I don't deny that "innovation" wasn't the best word to use and I should have said "improvements" but still...

Like it or not, bub, these things are features. Just like having a day-night system in the game that actually controls when crops grow back, when fires go out, and when shops close and open is a feature. If I had put in these scripts just to have them there, that would be "shitty VX design"-- this isn't chucking in a day/night system because "Hey why not +1feature for my 4um thread lulz".

These scripts tie into and interact with systems I have evented myself in a way that is synergistic and enhances the game overall. Hence, they are features. Features I didn't painstakingly script myself, sure, but features nonetheless. And more importantly, features that make the game better.

Next should someone not show a shot of their battle system if they're using tankentai?

You're being an absurd, elitist little bully and you know it.)
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
author=Max McGee
Next should someone not show a shot of their battle system if they're using tankentai?

if it's entirely unedited and all RTP, I will not be in any way impressed, so probably not.

I don't think there's anything wrong with using scripts that do what you want them to. I just find it absurd that you call them "innovations." I've seen too many games that just tossed a bunch of scripts together and called it a game. Maybe not valid criticism for you, but absolutely valid criticism for general game design. I see this constantly. SO INNOVATIVE

author=Max McGee
You're being an absurd, elitist little bully and you know it

yeah but your game looks boring so I have no real compunctions about pointing out that it smells like you found an alchemy script and decided it made a nice game :3
edit: Post retracted because I did the very thing I thought I was calling out Vers for (i.e. not reading).
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
edit: Post retracted because oto's post was retracted

still, leave britney ALONE
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Not going to post any more screenshots on my game profile until I actually put in monsters/chests, so... have another piece of the Bomb Shelter.

author=Versalia
author=Max McGee
if it's entirely unedited and all RTP, I will not be in any way impressed, so probably not.

I don't think there's anything wrong with using scripts that do what you want them to. I just find it absurd that you call them "innovations." I've seen too many games that just tossed a bunch of scripts together and called it a game. Maybe not valid criticism for you, but absolutely valid criticism for general game design. I see this constantly. SO INNOVATIVE

author=Max McGee
You're being an absurd, elitist little bully and you know it

yeah but your game looks boring so I have no real compunctions about pointing out that it smells like you found an alchemy script and decided it made a nice game :3

You're really nitpicking on the word 'Innovation'... Really? You couldn't just accept the fact that he is trying to make something? His maps look good, he has what appears to be an idea and direction he's working on. Comment on what is there; don't comment on his decision to use the word 'Innovation.'
Less debating, more screenshots:

Ihavenothingelsetoshowthatisn'tsupersecretoralreadyinthefrontpage
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I hate you.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
That, is beautifully made Ness. What's Fullmetal Alchemist, I'm sure Ive seen those characters before.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
me neither.

@Archeia_Nessah : love the poneytail.
Scourge
I used to make games. I still do, but I used to too.
@ Yellow Magic and Natook
Thanks! I guess I should have mentioned I took the screenshot in upper mode.
@ Archeia_Nessiah
I really, really like the menu layout. It's super clean and Alphonse's picture is fantastic.
@Dudesoft, I love you too~
@Tau

@thernz d-damn you, now I can't unsee!
@chana, scourge, thanks!
Craze

Need to unscrunch the letters.

Nessy: Your menu looks pretty good. I'd suggest differentiating either the numbers or label, though - brighter numbers against the dull HP/MP labels would probably be better.
@Craze
Etrian Odyssey Ahoy!
Is it made in RMVX or ACE? The map is square-ish per usual (VX tile), but I am fine with your screens (looks great). Especially the last one.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
It looks like that entire forest is made out of lime jello.
LockeZ: Your avatar works so well with some of the comments you make. XD

Craze: Looks great, though I do need to question the logic behind 2 tile high items in a 1 tile high house. ^.^
I've been messing around with a 2D 3rd Person Dungeon Crawl after remembering how mazes in Zak McKraken worked. The graphics are all Elder Scrolls 2 textures that I messed around with. I'm aware that the door is too big for the character, but keep in mind this is just something rough until I get the hang of it.

Craze
Thanks guys. LockeZ, you WILL eat it all.

Puppet_Master: Cute helmet. =3

Done with 24/72 maps... oh dear.
Tau
RMN sex symbol

Does this underwater effect look any good? BTW this is from Durane's intro.