THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Couldn't you edit out everything but the actual map?
Also all the houses seem to be 3+ stories high, judging by the height of the doors. It's kinda hard to comment on anything more detailed since it's so zoomed out.
NOACCEPTANCE772
And the ability to summon the "Office Whores" to deal damage to the enemies.
This happened, and I think I officially gave up on the whore of babylon...
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=NOACCEPTANCE772
This happened, and I think I officially gave up on the whore of babylon...

Noooo!
Everything isn't gone, right? No backup files?
That picture is a result of the file RPG_RT.lmt getting screwed with. This happened to me when I went into the file to experimentally alter the editing-name of my game. If you have a backup of this file, use it... everything will be good again. RPG_RT.lmt is just a pointer for the map data stored in the MapXXXX.lmu files.

If you don't have a backup, it's OK... you can make a new tree:

First, move all of your maps to a different folder. Next, take a fresh RPG_RT.lmt file from a new project and place it in the folder, overwriting the old corrupted one. If your project won't open, take a fresh Map0001.lmu file into your project folder too. Then, open your project. Make some dummy maps. Make as many of them as you originally had. Just make empty maps. Make sure the map IDs ("Map 0001, Map 0002") match up with all of the .lmu files you have in the folder. (To skip ID numbers, I think you have to make a map, then another one, then delete the first one.) Then, save and exit the program. Take all of those dummy maps in your project folder and move them out of the way, to the trash or somewhere. Then, take all of your real maps that you sequestered away and move them into the project folder. When you open up the project again, it should be OK. You wouldn't have the map groups you originally had though, unless you remembered to make it just the way it used to be. But that part isn't too important.

The map tree might also hold some other minor data, like encounter rates and areas. But it shouldn't be too involved of a process to make up the lost data, especially if it means getting your project back on track.

And remember to make backups! On a USB drive, on a computer server somewhere (how about the RMN locker?)... as many as you care to maintain.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Zachary_Braun

Wow, so there is a fix for that. That's awesome! Years ago I had that error come up on a project and I ended up starting over from scratch!

Here's a map I'm working on of a nightmare:

InfectionFiles
I cant make much out except for the red, unity. :(
unity
You're magical to me.
Ah, sorry. It's for a nightmare, so I meant it to be indistinct as to suggest anything could be hiding in the darkness. Probably wasn't a good map to share, in hindsight.
I don't have trouble making out the player character and the walls, at least, so I don't think you've run up against the biggest problem with indistinct graphics. as long as people can tell where they are and where they can or can't walk, that's the main thing you need. I'll check on a different monitor in a little bit just to make sure, though.
InfectionFiles
I can see it incredibly well now! I like it, the dark shadow part have some nice detail.
Really cool effect.
NOACCEPTANCE772
author=Zachary_Braun
That picture is a result of the file RPG_RT.lmt getting screwed with. This happened to me when I went into the file to experimentally alter the editing-name of my game. If you have a backup of this file, use it... everything will be good again. RPG_RT.lmt is just a pointer for the map data stored in the MapXXXX.lmu files.

First, move all of your maps to a different folder. Next, take a fresh RPG_RT.lmt file from a new project and place it in the folder, overwriting the old corrupted one. If your project won't open, take a fresh Map0001.lmu file into your project folder too. Then, open your project. Make some dummy maps. Make as many of them as you originally had. Just make empty maps. Make sure the map IDs ("Map 0001, Map 0002") match up with all of the .lmu files you have in the folder. (To skip ID numbers, I think you have to make a map, then another one, then delete the first one.) Then, save and exit the program. Take all of those dummy maps in your project folder and move them out of the way, to the trash or somewhere. Then, take all of your real maps that you sequestered away and move them into the project folder. When you open up the project again, it should be OK. You wouldn't have the map groups you originally had though, unless you remembered to make it just the way it used to be. But that part isn't too important.

The map tree might also hold some other minor data, like encounter rates and areas. But it shouldn't be too involved of a process to make up the lost data, especially if it means getting your project back on track.

And remember to make backups! On a USB drive, on a computer server somewhere (how about the RMN locker?)... as many as you care to maintain.

hmmm, making 157 maps (OR more) will be kind of tiring, but I will try :/
But goddamn, if only there was a way to fix the damn file! :(
author=NOACCEPTANCE772
author=Zachary_Braun

ask cherry
NOACCEPTANCE772
author=megaman8x
author=NOACCEPTANCE772
author=Zachary_Braun

ask cherry

So GOODNEWS- I was sleepy and did not know what I was doing so I did end up converting 50 maps into empty 20x15 maps. ^^'
I was mortified but then I remembered that all 50 are in the beta version of my game. HELL YEAH!
I'm being productive for once! Yay! I just want to know what you guys think of these maps and see if I've made any painfully obvious mistakes... It's about time I got around to posting these in here...

InfectionFiles
I love that rugged color, wildwes. No complaints, looks good.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
In the one screenshot where the hero is walking on the tracks that are out in the abyss, he's standing right on - or maybe even one or two pixels past - the edge of the tracks.

It is good form anyway to make sure none of the human sprites actually touch the bottom edge of their spritesheets anyway, if you're not already doing that. It's easier to solve this problem by moving the sprites up about 12 pixels than by editing the tileset.

I also think the tracks going out into the abyss in the first place is sorta weird. And/or the whole way you're doing the cave walls and the abyss together is weird. It looks like there's just this black outer-space void zone, and walled stone platforms floating in the air up in it. The platforms are definitely floating in the air... the walls don't go down into the abyss like they would in a cave, they just suddenly cut off one pixel "under" the walkable area.
Does anybody have any suggestions on how to properly make this airship look like it's embedded into the rocky outcrop? At the moment it's just kinda sitting there like it's part of the thing.

I'd suggest adding some deformations in the ground along the base of the ship to look like the collision could have pushed some of the ground up a bit.
author=LockeZ
In the one screenshot where the hero is walking on the tracks that are out in the abyss, he's standing right on - or maybe even one or two pixels past - the edge of the tracks.

It is good form anyway to make sure none of the human sprites actually touch the bottom edge of their spritesheets anyway, if you're not already doing that. It's easier to solve this problem by moving the sprites up about 12 pixels than by editing the tileset.

Ummm... how exactly am I supposed to do that? *is a noob at everything sprite and pixel related*

I also think the tracks going out into the abyss in the first place is sorta weird. And/or the whole way you're doing the cave walls and the abyss together is weird. It looks like there's just this black outer-space void zone, and walled stone platforms floating in the air up in it. The platforms are definitely floating in the air... the walls don't go down into the abyss like they would in a cave, they just suddenly cut off one pixel "under" the walkable area.

Yeah, I've been thinking about tinkering around with that to make it look better.
Maybe I could make the area closed in like the last two screenshots are...

Edit: Does this look better?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
That version's definitely less confusing. I might add a few more doodads and a little more ground around the tracks though, since putting them all on the same type of ground tiles did have the side-effect of making the map a little more boring.

author=wildwes
author=LockeZ
Ummm... how exactly am I supposed to do that? *is a noob at everything sprite and pixel related*
Open the charset image in some image editor, press Ctrl-A to select all, and press the up arrow key about 12 times.
InfectionFiles
author=UPRC
I'd suggest adding some deformations in the ground along the base of the ship to look like the collision could have pushed some of the ground up a bit.
I agree with UPRC. A simple second layer addition would work well.