THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You did explain how you did it, but not really why, or what was wrong with the original.

Most of the reason why, I think, is just that it creates some extra definition. The shading is used inside the colored areas to create shapes, instead of just being used at the edges.

I think it might be overdone though. It's a good idea, but the two colors used are so different that it seems really strong.

I dunno. Maybe it just looks strong next to the original. I don't know how to art.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Attempting to learn Parallax mapping now.

Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
The grass and the paths look nice, but those shadows are super dark and don't seem to have a light source. If you're not going to have a dedicated source of light, the shadows should be lighter in order to make it ambiguous.
I'd just say make the opacity of those shadows less, about 100 would be good. Just use a select tool to select the shadows, put them in their own layer, and reduce the opacity of that layer to about 100. Otherwise, I like dem fading paths and those lilies in the water.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
i really love how the rtp sprite pops out against that tileset. (now make something that isn't a boring old forest. and adjust the shadows like people suggested!)

also that water looks fucking stupid. the rest of both shots looks pretty nice, mostly because you're being subtle with flowers and whatnot instead of *tilevomit everywhere*, but have you like, uh, seen water

it doesn't do whatever the fuck that water's doing ;V

("but it's marshy" still looks nothing like a marsh. marshes have long grass that hide a lot of the mush because of 1) extremely rich soil and 2) plenty of water and sun due to trees that shade the sun away not being able to stand up and get roots down in the mud.)
SunflowerGames

I wasn't too sure how to parallax water. I'm still trying to find the right tileset to use and the right way to do it.

I can redo the shadows easily because they are set to a different layer.

I have three layers (Ground, Trees, and Shadows.)
I don't understand the difference.

The sprites on the map won't look different when you change gear. But when you go into the equipment menu, you will see these bigger sprites wearing each unique piece of gear.

author=CAHRULL
You know, I didn't have to take the time to recolor your entire sprite to try and help...I understand if you don't like my shading style better than your own, but to be defensive about someone trying help out is a bit rude.

By the way, I did also include an explanation of how I arrived at my shading method.

You really shouldn't have recolored the entire sprite. A few words about it would have sufficed, instead of no words. I want to improve on any errors in my own technique, not see yours.

I know the idea behind shadows. I used it to make mine, the light source is in the top left and a little bit in front, so most of the sprite is basking in light. As I stated right off the bat "I want to keep it simple", so your example is instantly against my rule. It does look more detailed and defined, but I prefer a cleaner looking sprite at this size. Unless the character enters a spooky, low lit, haunted house. In which case I would use your sprite. Heh, he does kinda look like he's dressed up for halloween.

I do appreciate you taking the time to do something but it wasn't helpful to me and contradicts what I said I wanted.

author=LockeZ
Most of the reason why, I think, is just that it creates some extra definition. The shading is used inside the colored areas to create shapes, instead of just being used at the edges.

Yeah, I didn't purposely do only edge shadows. I tried putting some shadow in the middle, but in areas like the face the result didn't look very good because it's just a couple stray pixels in the eye socket. It's a bright light source and meant to be kinda in front, providing lots of light so there wouldn't be much shadow.
NOACCEPTANCE772
And the ability to summon the "Office Whores" to deal damage to the enemies.

Yep, YOU KNOW IT!! B)
(This happened after I closed the lid of my laptop on my game while it was running, cause my crappy dell laptop blanked out. LOL!)
I have been working on this sniper system for a little while now, and this is just a preview of the beta version of it.
You're supposed to snipe some zombie thingies in 59 seconds with 3 bullets only.
The flowers are there just to block your view and take some ammo.lol

What do you think about it?
SunflowerGames

Lessened the shadows and redid the water.

NOACCEPTANCE772
author=kory_toombs
Lessened the shadows and redid the water.

Looks so hawt.lol
Actually, this map looks really relaxing ^^
Try sum light in the corner of the screen :)
________________________________________________________________________________
This MIGHT be the final version of the sniping missions for the game.
I really need opinions. Nobody gives any opinions when I ask, es I know I was an ass before but I am not like that anymore. I just had to take a good look at my previous projects.lol

Here's a video of the first floor and second floor:

I neeeeeed opinions! lol
Where's Lokez when you need him? xD
@NOACCEPTANCE: It would look better with a HUD made using Pictures (to show the bottom menu) so it won't scroll.
The system itself looks fine as a short segment of alternative gameplay. It would have been better with pixel-based movement and hitboxes but that's something I was supposed to work on.
NOACCEPTANCE772
@Avee: It is made of pictures, actually...
But, you see, the bullets and the RELOAD are chars, so they would get covered by the picture and the player will not be able to see them anymore, which is why I ticked "Scroll with map".
Thanks for the suggestion, thou! ^_^
Pretty sure Avee meant use pictures for the bullets and RELOAD instead... which I also recommend.
SunflowerGames

Parallaxing the outside of a cave.

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
kory, that revision is muuuch better. excellent work. =)

...so chaos and i are going to finish our hallowe'en project still, but due to issues he had to drop out so i'm shitting out a three-day comedy game that's turning out pretty great so far!

I know the maps are tiny, but any suggestions on the lighting/mapping/HUD/etc. are welcome! (And yes, the faces change based on damage taken.)
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I would recommend not using one-tile-high walls with two-tile-high doodads, because that doesn't make sense. They're twice as tall as the walls?

Your temple map has lit candles on the walls, but they don't give off any light. In fact, the fire is darkened by the shadow. If you don't want to create secondary light sources, I would just edit the tileset to make the candles never be lit.

HUD is simple and clean; although it's pretty basic, I like it. I somehow feel like "Actions" and "Guard" isn't enough commands for that window, and/or feel like "Guard" qualifies as an action. It's not actually a problem, just a random thought. Maybe other characters have more commands or something.
I think I have a case of tile vomit with those flowers... Should I remove a few? :-?