BIN LADEN DEFEATED

author=NewBlack
author=boobledeeboo
For the record, I don't think people are upset that he's dead, i think people have a problem with those that are celebrating the death. He was a horrible person and doesn't deserve anyone's sympathy, but it leaves a bitter taste celebrating something that should usually be mourned.
This is pretty spot-on. I'm a, probably naive, idealist at heart and I think it's sad that we live in a world where we need celebrate the death of another human being. The whole thing is messed up pretty bad. Not because the tragedies of 9/11 (and other terrorist attacks) were in any way acceptable or forgettable, they aren't. But because people like Bin Laden make us all less faithful in the decency of human beings and make us all more hateful, intolerant and cold. Whens something as big as that happens it's a natural human response to need to make sense of something completely senseless, tensions rise, everyone's angry and needs reconciliation. It's such a messed up situation because on one hand you can't deny the loss and grief of people's lives and loved ones being taken away from them and on the other hand the more hateful we get, the more uncaring we become about other human beings. Like I said, I'm a naive idealist. I consider Bin Laden's death a victory for western morale, most definitely a lot of people will see it that way and I suppose that is beneficial... But I doubt that people who lost loved ones in terrorist attacks are really feeling any less grief now that he's dead - every day they see the unfolding repercussions of the day they lost them and it ended in just as much ugliness as it started.

Eh, idk.

I kinda wish I was a 'naive idealist'. Not that I'm a tired old cynic or whatever, but it seems so easy to see the world the way you do. The world don't work that way, though.
Ethical arguments aside, this is an interesting article to read if you're interested in exactly how Osama was tracked down, and a look inside of what he was up to and how he eluded capture for so long.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/world/whitehouse-releases-detail-of-raid-that-killed-bin-laden/story-e6frea8l-1226048821856

Cool stuff.
I find Feld talking quite a bit of sense here.

I should also add the media had something to do with it by:
1. Hyping up Osama,
2. Instigating fear and hatred.

While the media no longer used him anymore. Back in the day Osama was a key moneymaker for them, and made some Americans proud they were American. When Osama died, that "indoctrination" sort of exploded.
author=Karsuman
author=Dyhalto
Judging by the amount of people's blind faith in the establishment, it looks like we're going to have to be put through much, much more grueling times.
They hate us for our freedoms? WMDs in Iraq? Mission accomplished? Too big to fail? I smoked but I didn't inhale? I did not have sex with that woman? Lesson unlearnt.

This is just history repeating itself. Times are good, everybody is happy. Times go sour, the ruling class moves to protect it's wealth by utilizing government corruption to implement an authoritarian regime. The patricians have always been very well organized while the plebians have always been easily placated by bread and games.
I, personally, liken the modern bread and games analogy to Food Stamps and UFC.
all hail emperor dyhalto,
lord of the computer chair,
as he looks upon us mere mortals
with pity and despair

he preaches and preaches,
but no one seems to listen,
"They just don't understand." he says,
as he eats tasty fried chicken.

as dyhalto types pretentious garbage,
everyone remember this:
dyhalto has no friends,
so please,
give him my best.

I want you. Now.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
That is indeed one of the more epic Karsu-miliations I've seen in my day.
Right before the damn elections. I don't believe for a second that we actually captured and killed Osama bin Laden. The "photo" they showed on international news channels (my father watches Al-Jazeera) was photoshopped; not really the guy. And really, there's no way he'd want to dye his beard black just before his alleged "capture" because it was already turning gray.

See this: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/02/osama-bin-laden-photo-fake
If you're still not convinced, see this: http://likeylikee.com/upload/1304348976.jpg

I've seen this before. President is at his lowest point. Economy is in turmoil. Wars are never-ending. Cause would be to claim that the FBI's most wanted man is dead. Effect in return is higher approval ratings for the incoming elections so he can get his second term.

Regardless, I'm happy for all the 911 victims celebrating. They deserve to celebrate, even if this whole thing is a hoax. Sorry, but I had to say it. If I offended anyone then I don't intend on again.

I used to tease most conspiracy theorists back then, but now we seem to be getting along. I am absolutely certain that the September 11 attacks were planned out meticulously by the government as an excuse to harvest on resources. I believe what my gut tells me, not what anyone else tells me. Just because the government said it doesn't necessarily make it true.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

EDIT: Removed a few 'a's so as not to be a nuisance

EDIT EDIT:

Okay!

1. That picture has nothing to do with anything as it wasn't released by the US.
2. There's so many reasons the whole government conspiracy thing is bullshit it's not funny. See: Narcodis' Wikipedia link in one of his posts.
author=Allen Hunter
Right before the damn elections. I don't believe for a second that we actually captured and killed Osama bin Laden. The "photo" they showed on international news channels (my father watches Al-Jazeera) was photoshopped; not really the guy. And really, there's no way he'd want to dye his beard black just before his alleged "capture" because it was already turning gray.

See this: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/02/osama-bin-laden-photo-fake
If you're still not convinced, see this: http://likeylikee.com/upload/1304348976.jpg

I've seen this before. President is at his lowest point. Economy is in turmoil. Wars are never-ending. Cause would be to claim that the FBI's most wanted man is dead. Effect in return is higher approval ratings for the incoming elections so he can get his second term.

Regardless, I'm happy for all the 911 victims celebrating. They deserve to celebrate, even if this whole thing is a hoax. Sorry, but I had to say it. If I offended anyone then I don't intend on again.

I used to tease most conspiracy theorists back then, but now we seem to be getting along. I am absolutely certain that the September 11 attacks were planned out meticulously by the government as an excuse to harvest on resources. I believe what my gut tells me, not what anyone else tells me. Just because the government said it doesn't necessarily make it true.

Wow you are so dumb, guy.
author=Allen Hunter
\ I am absolutely certain that the September 11 attacks were planned out meticulously by the government as an excuse to harvest on resources.

Are you fucking kidding me?
Soo...why's it so incredibly far fetched to believe that Osama hasn't actually been killed/has been dead for a very long time already (I can feel you all rolling your eyes but bear with me)? Why was he buried at sea with such haste when other wanted muslims weren't treated with the same respect? The DNA 'evidence,' isn't evidence yet. Since when has the media always told the truth? The government has been called out on being corrupt numerous times and i can't see that changing in the near future. If you aren't at least somewhat skeptical about the government then you're bloody naive.

You have to admit it's all very convenient given the blunder in Libya. I don't like getting into the conspiracy theories - usually they are ridiculous - and tbh i don't care when he died, the 'war on terror,' would have continued regardless, but there's always the other side of the coin, no matter how stupid you think it is. No-one has any evidence to back it up either way. Not yet at least.
Please prove my points wrong if you want, i'm not on either side of the fence and would kinda like the satisfaction of not sympathising with conspiracy theories. Just don't give me a 'u mad' speech unless it's properly warranted haha.
(i'm not gonna address 9/11 because i don't know shit about it)
author=boobledeeboo
Soo...why's it so incredibly far fetched to believe that Osama hasn't actually been killed/has been dead for a very long time already (I can feel you all rolling your eyes but bear with me)? Why was he buried at sea with such haste when other wanted muslims weren't treated with the same respect? The DNA 'evidence,' isn't evidence yet. Since when has the media always told the truth? The government has been called out on being corrupt numerous times and i can't see that changing in the near future. If you aren't at least somewhat skeptical about the government then you're bloody naive.

You have to admit it's all very convenient given the blunder in Libya. I don't like getting into the conspiracy theories - usually they are ridiculous - and tbh i don't care when he died, the 'war on terror,' would have continued regardless, but there's always the other side of the coin, no matter how stupid you think it is. No-one has any evidence to back it up either way. Not yet at least.
Please prove my points wrong if you want, i'm not on either side of the fence and would kinda like the satisfaction of not sympathising with conspiracy theories. Just don't give me a 'u mad' speech unless it's properly warranted haha.

That's going to be mighty hard because the majority of the people in this thread are talking out of their ass.
author=Nightblade
That's going to be mighty hard because the majority of the people in this thread are talking out of their ass.

That's called American Ingenuity right there.

I started this thread thinking someone will say:

"Who cares?"

While others will say:

"Good riddance"

But it became a whole lot more than that, haha!

Obama was right, Bin Laden did unite us... So we could talk out of our ass and from our asses attack each others opinions. :) A testament to the beauty of humanity.
author=Nightblade
author=boobledeeboo

But you're totally not one of them, right?
author=boobledeeboo

It's stupendously depressing when something that might be interpreted as good happens in the world stage, and then people are automatically suspicious over it.

Sometimes a major event happens that *gasp* isn't shitty. Crazy, I know.

PS. Also what 'blunder' in Libya? Yes, I know the situation in Libya, but who blundered what? We haven't really interfered in that situation at all as of yet.
author=Allen Hunter
Right before the damn elections.

50% of all years are the year before or the year of an election.

Not to say that there hasn't been an obscene amount of crooked happenings in the wake of the 9/11 attacks, like the Halliburton contracts to Cheney, etc. But there are mountains of evidence that refute your claim that the government orchestrated this whole event, the least of which is that the government isn't really as masterminded or scheming as people want to believe, at least in my opinion. It's a big clusterfuck of old white rich dudes, all there looking out for their own interests making sure the polls keep them in office. I don't seriously think the administration could pull this off and not have a single whistleblower surface.

But hey, if you want to just 'go with yer gut' and believe that the US government is a modern day big brother, go for it dude. No one is going to prevent you from wearing your tinfoil hat.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=Feldschlacht IV
PS. Also what 'blunder' in Libya? Yes, I know the situation in Libya, but who blundered what? We haven't really interfered in that situation at all as of yet.

I'm guessing she meant the death of Muammar Gaddafi's son in an airstrike recently.
Please, anyone correct me if I'm wrong.
I've only heard a few things about it, but I'm pretty sure it was an accident during an airstrike.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
author=Allen Hunter
blah blah blah

Bahaha. Yes, GW Bush himself bombed the twin towers.

So, which one is it? Is he a bumbling fool who can barely speak, or the most brilliant evil mastermind to ever exist?

We really got a live one here, folks!
Libyan blunders?
One, NATO accidentally bombed the rebels they're supporting.
Two, the Libyan rebel leader has Al Qaeda ties (aren't they the bad guys?)
Three, there's online video footage of Libyan rebels cutting off the head of a Ghaddafi soldier who surrendered. If you're a pilot or information operative for NATO, these are the gentlemen you're supporting.

There's also the question Libyans must be asking, do we really want foreign superpower influence inside our country during a time when our government is changing?

1* http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/world/2011-04/09/c_13819950.htm
2* http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8407047/Libyan-rebel-commander-admits-his-fighters-have-al-Qaeda-links.html
3* I didn't want to directly link to the video of a guy's head being cut off. If you are really, really curious, search youtube for
Libyan's head being choped off by rebels
author=Dyhalto
Libyan blunders?
1* http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/world/2011-04/09/c_13819950.htm
2* http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8407047/Libyan-rebel-commander-admits-his-fighters-have-al-Qaeda-links.html
3* I didn't want to directly link to the video of a guy's head being cut off. If you are really, really curious, search youtube for
Libyan's head being choped off by rebels

Get out of here with your...FACTS. Hey! Isn't it about time for another one of Karsuman's asinine poems about how this guy is somehow a snob?
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/01/libya-muammar-gaddafi-son-nato
Not sure if it was actually on purpose or not, I'm not part of NATO. >_>

Also, the rebels WILL lose if they are not supported by a superpower.
(Like how the Rebel Alliance can't win against the Empire without the help of the Jedi.)