BIN LADEN DEFEATED

Isn't France leading the offensive in Libya?
I kinda wish I was a 'naive idealist'. Not that I'm a tired old cynic or whatever, but it seems so easy to see the world the way you do. The world don't work that way, though.

You're more likely right mog. I'm not gonna deny for a second that most to the people on here are more up-to-date with politics than I am! and like I said I'm naive and an idealist... I wish we didn't have to kill people in order to settle scores in an attempt to undo tragedies but it seems we do. BUT I know that I'm glad there ARE people willing to dedicate themselves to protecting the freedoms we enjoy but I'm sad they need to risk their lives to do that. I'll be the first to admit I'm not the most politically savvy but I know I'm glad to have the freedoms that I do.. My only protest is that those freedoms are the right of every human being! regardless of where they're born!

I'm a big softie really but to be fair I'm glad that there's people willing to defend what we have. On a human level I've got nothing but respect for the courage of servicemen regardless of my personal ideology, purely based on the balls it takes to care to the point of risking your life. (but I still think it's sad we need to send such brave men to their potential deaths!)

haha..

Oh dear.

I guess bottom line is this. I like you mog and I respect you. I'd give you my salute if it meant anything and I'm glad you're one of the guys who's willing to risk it all for the benefit of the greater good (for all of us here).. I'm just sad you even need to do that in the first place.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
author=narcodis

If so, then history is not on our side. We should all start learning to speak... Libyan.
author=narcodis

Yep.
Nikolas Sarkozy also spearheaded a recent gunship strike in the Ivory Coast which is getting no media attention at all. Too bad, because it looks like it could become Rwanda 2.0.
I wish people would stop letting aloof politicians who've never seen blood decide how to utilize the nation's servicemen and women.

author=InfectionFiles
Also, the rebels WILL lose if they are not supported by a superpower.

But isn't that the problem?
If the majority of Libya were to rise against Ghaddafi, he would be destroyed. Historically it only takes about 10 to 25% of the population to successfully revolt, depending on a couple dozen factors. At the very least, it would look like Afghanistan or Iraq where civilians are providing food and shelter in the cities. If you look at battle footage (plenty of it uploaded to youtube), it looks more like trench warfare out in the desert.
The fact that NATO states have intervened is a decisive "We want the rebels to win" on their part.

author=Nightblade
Get out of here with your...FACTS. Hey! Isn't it about time for another one of Karsuman's asinine poems about how this guy is somehow a snob?

I'm sorry :( I hadn't realized how much of an upright bitch I was coming across as.
/me builds pillow fort, codenamed Terran Bunker
author=Nightblade
author=Dyhalto
Libyan blunders?
1* http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/world/2011-04/09/c_13819950.htm
2* http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8407047/Libyan-rebel-commander-admits-his-fighters-have-al-Qaeda-links.html
3* I didn't want to directly link to the video of a guy's head being cut off. If you are really, really curious, search youtube for
Libyan's head being choped off by rebels
Get out of here with your...FACTS. Hey! Isn't it about time for another one of Karsuman's asinine poems about how this guy is somehow a snob?

in the shadows
nightblade awaits,
forever seeking,
forever seething,
forever wanting a fight.

pointed jibes, pancake bunnies,
picard and ironhide,
he does appear most anywhere
strife is to ignite.

and though he sees fine to instigate
prompting locks and prolonged 'debates'
he claims foul when others imitate
his pernicious deeds and acts.

so remember folks
when next nightblade posts,
fill his screen
with waffle lego
jpg.

At least Dyhalto realized that my ridiculous poem was in jest and was a critique of the manner in which he was handling the topic, not his opinions, which I do not really care about as this is a pretty subjective/debate/opinion-based topic anyhow.
harmonic
That was epic!

/me wishes this thread would never end.
author=boobledeeboo
Soo...why's it so incredibly far fetched to believe that Osama hasn't actually been killed/has been dead for a very long time already (I can feel you all rolling your eyes but bear with me)? Why was he buried at sea with such haste when other wanted muslims weren't treated with the same respect? The DNA 'evidence,' isn't evidence yet. Since when has the media always told the truth? The government has been called out on being corrupt numerous times and i can't see that changing in the near future. If you aren't at least somewhat skeptical about the government then you're bloody naive.

You have to admit it's all very convenient given the blunder in Libya. I don't like getting into the conspiracy theories - usually they are ridiculous - and tbh i don't care when he died, the 'war on terror,' would have continued regardless, but there's always the other side of the coin, no matter how stupid you think it is. No-one has any evidence to back it up either way. Not yet at least.
Please prove my points wrong if you want, i'm not on either side of the fence and would kinda like the satisfaction of not sympathising with conspiracy theories. Just don't give me a 'u mad' speech unless it's properly warranted haha.
(i'm not gonna address 9/11 because i don't know shit about it)

Not that there is loads of evidence released to the public just yet about Osama's death, but it would be incredibly stupid of Obama to fake it if Osama was already dead or alive and they couldn't find him. If they found he was already dead, they would have probably just said so instead of Navy SEALS executing him. The reason it would be stupid of Obama to fake Osama's death would be because Osama would certainly get word of it and use that to his advantage for surprise attacking America again. Or even simply appear and say "Look at me American Pigs, I'm still alive and your leader is a liar." Then there would be an overwhelming amount of hatred and even assassination attempts on Obama with very little to gain from it. It would cause a ridiculous amount of chaos in America simply if Osama was still alive.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
author=Karsuman
pointed jibes, pancake bunnies,
picard and ironhide,
he does appear most anywhere
strife is to ignite.

this is one of the better things i've read recently
author=harmonic
author=Allen Hunter
blah blah blah
hi i suck up to the gov'mnt
Where did I say that Bush planned it himself? Is it not possible that his administration took care of that? I mean, yeah, he is an idiot and I doubt he'd get away with it if he did most of the planning himself.
harmonic
You didn't say he planned it himself, I was just jabbing at you for having so many conspiracy theories. All in good fun.

For the record, no, I do not think his administration was capable of that.

Also for the record, I do not suck up to the government, however, I am in favor of the continued prosperity and stability of my homeland, as anyone should be. Long live the republic.
author=harmonic
You didn't say he planned it himself, I was just jabbing at you for having so many conspiracy theories. All in good fun.

For the record, no, I do not think his administration was capable of that.

Also for the record, I do not suck up to the government, however, I am in favor of the continued prosperity and stability of my homeland, as anyone should be. Long live the republic.

I was poking fun at you too. I'm sorry if I was a dick or anything. I just wanted to sound my opinion. But we'll see...
author=Feldschlacht IV
It's stupendously depressing when something that might be interpreted as good happens in the world stage, and then people are automatically suspicious over it.

Sometimes a major event happens that *gasp* isn't shitty. Crazy, I know.

PS. Also what 'blunder' in Libya? Yes, I know the situation in Libya, but who blundered what? We haven't really interfered in that situation at all as of yet.
Yeah, i guess you're right, that is kinda sad isn't it.
@Natook Some good points too. I was assuming that the government would have only pretended he was still alive when he'd actually died, as that's when they'd have something to gain from it, but after a bit of sleep...yeah those theories are pretty far fetched haha.
author=Dyhalto
I'm sorry :( I hadn't realized how much of an upright bitch I was coming across as.
/me builds pillow fort, codenamed Terran Bunker
I think he was being sarcastic, :) you made good points and gave references which is nice.

oh i was talking about the death of Saif al-Arab btw
edit: but the more i look into it the more disgusted i am with NATO's 'accidents.' And Obama has a lot to do with Libyan problems, i would be surprised if you didn't know. It's a F-UK-US alliance.
i can't imagine osama bin laden releasing a video to prove he was still alive it's not like he's done it before or anything
Interesting post from a politically saavy friend from another community I go to. Check it out.

I doubt I can manage the detailed response I wanted to write tonight; I'm just too frakking tired. However, I do feel like leaving you with a couple of links. The first is this CNN article. While the whole thing is worth reading, this is probably the most important quote:
Peter Bergen met bin Laden in 1997 and believes that al Qaeda will perhaps be irrecoverably damaged by the death of bin Laden.

"There's no one who can replace him. When you join al Qaeda you pledge a personal oath of allegiance (to him)," he says.
Peter Bergen knows his shit. Granted, there are other knowledgeable who think it's not really that big a deal in the scheme of things; Robert Fisk, who's also quite knowledgeable and has interviewed bin Laden three times, has a different take:
"I've been saying for some time that I think whether he's dead or not is pretty irrelevent," says the Middle East correspondent for British newspaper The Independent.

Fisk, who most recently has been reporting on events in Syria, says the world has changed in more ways than one since 9-11.

"Over the last few months you've seen an Arab awakening in which millions of Arab Muslims have overthown their own leaderships," he says.

"Bin Laden always wanted to get rid of Mubarek and Ben Ali and Gaddafi and so on claiming that they were all infidels working for America and in fact it was millions of ordinary people who peacefully, more or less - certainly in the case of Tunisia and Egypt - got rid of them."

"Bin Laden didn't, he failed to do that."

"You've got to remember these regimes have always been telling the Americans 'keep on supporting us because if you don't Al Qaeda will take over' - and in fact Al Qaeda did not take over."
More commentary from Fisk:

Interesting, no?
it's robert fisk! :)
author=Feldschlacht IV
author=Allen Hunter
Right before the damn elections. I don't believe for a second that we actually captured and killed Osama bin Laden. The "photo" they showed on international news channels (my father watches Al-Jazeera) was photoshopped; not really the guy. And really, there's no way he'd want to dye his beard black just before his alleged "capture" because it was already turning gray.

See this: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/02/osama-bin-laden-photo-fake
If you're still not convinced, see this: http://likeylikee.com/upload/1304348976.jpg

I've seen this before. President is at his lowest point. Economy is in turmoil. Wars are never-ending. Cause would be to claim that the FBI's most wanted man is dead. Effect in return is higher approval ratings for the incoming elections so he can get his second term.

Regardless, I'm happy for all the 911 victims celebrating. They deserve to celebrate, even if this whole thing is a hoax. Sorry, but I had to say it. If I offended anyone then I don't intend on again.

I used to tease most conspiracy theorists back then, but now we seem to be getting along. I am absolutely certain that the September 11 attacks were planned out meticulously by the government as an excuse to harvest on resources. I believe what my gut tells me, not what anyone else tells me. Just because the government said it doesn't necessarily make it true.
Wow you are so dumb, guy.

It's trolling. Not even worth acknowledging. Back in the good ole days, we would ignore people that said stupid things for attention...better yet, we would just ignore stupid people altogether and let them kill themselves figure out life on their own. Today? They are celebrated. They are encouraged. They are given a WIDE audience...and many people just can't help themselves and HAVE to let them know how stupid they are aka falling into the trap. Sigh...America.
Ark
Wario's-a number one!
come closer... look at this... i have here the 'smoking gun', irrefutable evidence of the nature of this heinous cover-up...

it's a photograph of my dong
It's more like I'm rebutting what Robert Fisk said, but here goes.

author=Feldschlacht IV
"Over the last few months you've seen an Arab awakening in which millions of Arab Muslims have overthown their own leaderships," he says.

"Bin Laden always wanted to get rid of Mubarek and Ben Ali and Gaddafi and so on claiming that they were all infidels working for America and in fact it was millions of ordinary people who peacefully, more or less - certainly in the case of Tunisia and Egypt - got rid of them."

The "revolutions" in Egypt and Tunisia are time-will-tell situations, but I'm not optimistic.

The basic premise of a revolution is that the revolutionaries take control. A complete overhaul of the entire political system is done.
Classic examples of revolutions are the American Revolution and French Revolution. In the American one, the Americans threw out the British and cut them out of the political system like a gangrene leg. In the French one, the French people cut off the heads of whatever monarchs and royalists hadn't fled the country, then instituted a Republic.

In the Tunisian "revolution", a bunch of people demonstrated, there were some violent clashes between overzealous peasants and police stormtroopers, Ben Ali resigned and fled the country, a caretaker coalition government was formed (consisting of ex-Ben Ali supporters no less), and then the demonstrators went home.
That's like getting rid of Obama and elevating Biden. Very tepid and weak-willed.

In the Egyptian "revolution", a bunch of people demonstrated, there were some violent clashes between overzealous peasants and police stormtroopers, Mubarak stepped down and announced his resignation as President, and the country was taken control of by a military council (aka a military junta).
If anybody can cite an example in history of where a military junta has been beneficial for the people, please point it out :)