WHAT'S YOUR JOB ?

Pages: first 12345 next last
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
I thought it would be interesting to know what jobs some of the rmn members have, or which job they're looking forward to (for those who aren't there yet), how do you live it, regrets? satisfactions, how d'you come to it, etc.
As for me, I wanted to be a poet (who didn't?!), and ended proofreading and translating (english-french), not the best job to have in times of economical crisis! overall not that far from my interest : language (oh, I forgot french teacher, also, but I failed that!)
My CV is pretty damm bad. Worked in Mcdonalds for a year back in 09 and currently working in a pub. But I'll be moving up north in september to work with my cousin on the Lloyds TSB adverts (He's in charge of the animation department).

The awesome thing though is Crytek UK(formally known as free radical) is a half an hours drive away from where I'm going to live. THIS IS MY CALLING!

(also the whole reason why I'm moving in the first place is to be closer to my otherhalf, who coincidentally is going to Nottingham University)
chana
Hey! pretty good start(?) for a video game making fan! every one's luck(?)'s not that good.. Hope things turn to best!
Oh I that video's great!
My ambition: Game tester
Get paid for playing games and complaining about them. What a life XD
I believe there are many things someone with a PhD in Chemistry can do. You can be more specific than "I do Chemistry". I'm curious. :D
Creation
An avid lover of Heartache 101
I'm all into languages. I've taught French to Chinese, Japanese to French-Canadians, English to Chinese and Japanese.

I work for a private language firm and have been trying to start my own school (without success so far).
Unemployed, but I have a phone interview for a research analyst job any minute :)
author=Fallen-Griever
My job? SCIENCE!

Seriously, though, I'm doing a PhD in Chemistry (although I focus more on biochemistry at the moment) and there isn't much you can do with a PhD in Chemistry that isn't Chemistry... or at least Chemistry-related.

The UK's first Female Prime Minister had a Chemistry Degree... It didn't stop her... ;)
As for what I do... well, I'm basically a glorified PA and one man call centre for a small plumbing firm... I manage all of the incoming calls and accounts, and kick their arses when they want to end the day early...

I was studying Molecular Medicine as a degree... But an (almost) terminal case of Glandular Fever left me so weak after my first 6 months on the course that I had to come home (seriously, 3 months paralysed, and being left with the bones of a 90 year old is not fun)... What a waste of an 191 IQ eh... lol

-J-
I am science people. :P Just another science.

I have a masters degree in Psychology. I currently work as a psychoterapist sharing an office with a friend on a Clinic. Still slow on that, making a living out of being a psychoterapist is not easy, takes a while until you get a good number of patients and charge them a decent price. I don't have that many and my sessions are very unexpensive. But that's not a problem now that I have a second job. And I really love doing this. I love talking to people, listening to people, and helping people. Not helping people like "I'll lend you 50 bucks". Helping people as a profession, based on academic knowledge is an entirely different matter. And I like it, I like the challenge.

I'm also working as a college professor since February. I really like doing that too. I started with a single class, next semester I'll have four. I teach Behavioral Therapy and Experimental Analysis of Behavior. If I was in a bigger university I would also be working with research, because I did that throughout my entire graduation and masters (have articles of my own too).

But basically I love everything I do, I'm on both my dream jobs, and they still leave me a lot of free time.
chana
author=sbester
Unemployed, but I have a phone interview for a research analyst job any minute :)

Merde! In france, to bring you luck!
Engineer.
I won't say what type of Engineer because all the other engineers will scoff and laugh at me D;
I'm also heavily involved in the stock market and would like to retire in a few years, as in leave the 9-to-5 rat race.
Technical Analyst and Systems Integrator for a provincial health care corporation. Basically, I configure and maintain new implementations of an electronic clinical manager used in hospitals around the province. I also help integrating it with other clinical systems (like the ADT or Lab or RAD systems) that our corporation also hosts.

I also sit next to Hexatona. He works in the RAD systems. He's a RAD guy.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I was Rad before Tubular was Gnarly.

I'm also a Tech Analyst working at the same company as kentona. My current work entails configuring each hospital region in the province into this radiology image archiving and scheduling system. No more couriering your xrays around for THIS province!
I work in a Bakery 40 minutes from where I live. I'm part of the Bread production group, and I mainly mix/make the dough, as well as bag and shelve it once it's been baked. Hurrah! I'm taking Baking in College in a year or two. This job is to just familiarize myself with stuff that takes place in a bakery. It's fun!
I got a degree in journalism and am now studying webdesign. However, i do some freelance work for a music website and make websites as a freelancers as well.
United States Navy. Best decision I ever made.
author=Feldschlacht IV
United States Navy. Best decision I ever made.
Is this a fairly accurate depiction of the navy?
Pages: first 12345 next last