WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

The best way to play pokemon is to pick cool guys and annihilate all the uncool ones.

cheating tools make this way easier than bumping into your bajillionth zubat or bidoof

Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=NewBlack
One of my favorites for loldesign is Pidgey which is literally like "anime pigeon".

It's also funny because it looks more like a house sparrow than it does a pigeon. Maybe some dissonance was going on for the English translation of that game. xD

At least Game Freak eventually came up with a real pigeon Pokemon:

author=Isrieri
I hope this doesn't make the folks who are making that Pokemon RMN game nervous for the future.

Nah, I've gotten over the fact that we have a mushroom-lamp, a cluster of colored blobs, and a living video game sprite in our roster.

In all seriousness, though, I find all the designs of Pokemon appealing in their own way, and one of the greatest strengths of the franchise is that every Pokemon you use, in the game, feels unique and memorable in some way, and the carefree, somewhat goofy art direction it takes helps with that. The only thing I don't like about Pokemon is that it clings to some pretty archaic design methods.
I should have known that, I'm kinda into birds, a bit, sorta-ish. I guess maybe it had something to do with spearow taking the "sparrow" pun name and everyone knows that when sparrows grow up they become angry herons.

But wow holy shit I love the actual pigeon pokemon, that's brilliant.

Pokemon wish-list:
* Bin
* Brick
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
author=NewBlack
author=CashmereCat
Buuuut what about when you run out of animals (which they did)?
There are 8.7 million known animal species, I doubt that was the reason.

Try inventing a Pokemon based on the Velvet Worm, Cookie Cutter Fish or Raccoon Dog, I double dare you. :P
author=CashmereCat
author=NewBlack
author=CashmereCat
Try inventing a Pokemon based on the Velvet Worm, Cookie Cutter Fish or Raccoon Dog, I double dare you. :P

Maybe I'm naive but that doesn't seem very hard to me tbqh .-. (y'know, assuming the ability to draw in a style that seems pokemon-y - but the actual design part doesn't seem very hard)
CashmereCat
author=NewBlack
author=CashmereCat
author=NewBlack
author=CashmereCat
Maybe I'm naive but that doesn't seem very hard to me tbqh .-. (y'know, assuming the ability to draw in a style that seems pokemon-y - but the actual design part doesn't seem very hard)

and then I dare you to like it as much as the Generation I pokemons
author=CashmereCat

Just for the heck of it:

CashmereCat
author=SnowOwl
author=CashmereCat
Just for the heck of it:

Good job, VelvetWorm. Now we have to make Pokemon: Lovecraft Lilac.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
*hasn't played any Pokemon games*

*shrugs the conversation off*
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
My problem with the designs right now is there's only one (rather pathetic if you ask me) Owl.

If they can have a dozen birds, they can have a dozen owls!
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
CashmereCat
@Corfaisus That is actually kind of beautiful. And I'm not just saying that because I'm a cat.
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
Soy de Gringolandia!

also wow there are like 650 of the damn things, try doing the same thing
Seiromem
I just beat a developer's high score.

The challenge has been issued, whoever gets to 1,000,000 wins.

Challenge has been accepted.
Aren't Pokemon just cutesy, stylized cartoon animals? How difficult can it be to come up with hundreds more? Even the original ones weren't that great, really. Relatively 'new' for Western audiences, maybe, but that's all. And ultimately, they could just buy the designs of every 13yo drawing their own Pokemons and they would have enough for a zintillion more generations. xD

Edit: This is my favorite Pokemon: Link
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I guess with anything the longer something(in this case the pokemon) goes on the more inclined the original audience is to hate/dislike it.

Except with the Fallout franchise, they just got better and better.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.

I'm surprised no one mentioned this thing.
author=seiromem
My problem with the designs right now is there's only one (rather pathetic if you ask me) Owl.

If they can have a dozen birds, they can have a dozen owls!

There is still no Flamingo Pokemon, much to my eternal annoyance.
Seiromem
I don't acknowledge that thing.

I use it to unlock my house and car, nothing more.
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
Halibabica's Spelunky mods are great everyone