WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I think in Star Wars episode 7-9, there should be a hologram moment of old, fat Jar Jar Binks. After a lifetime spent in regret, he finally gets the galactic council to remove the kill order on the Jedi, and hopes to repent for his mistakes.
And on his deathbed he watches as his council descendants are fighting his cause and sees the passing of the Bill to liberate Force users from prosecution. He is quoted, "Mesa... helpin' da Jedi."
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
author=Dudesoft
I think in Star Wars episode 7-9, there should be a hologram moment of old, fat Jar Jar Binks. After a lifetime spent in regret, he finally gets the galactic council to remove the kill order on the Jedi, and hopes to repent for his mistakes.
And on his deathbed he watches as his council descendants are fighting his cause and sees the passing of the Bill to liberate Force users from prosecution. He is quoted, "Mesa... helpin' da Jedi."

Jar Jar deserves redemption.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Let's not give everyone a reason to hate the new movies now...
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
author=Dudesoft

you should change your avatar to a mockup of this moment
Everyone loves to hate Jar Jar (and rightfully so), but at least his performance is better than Hayden Christensen's.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
So I walked down to the store to get some bread and when I came back, I saw what I thought to be some punk trying to break into my neighbor's car while they were home and the lights were on and everything. I look at him as I near my house and he takes notice of me. I get inside, drop off the bread and go back outside just in time to see him peel off in a vehicle of his own (was he alone? pfft, I dunno).

This has got me thinking and I report said happenings to my mother. Now the whole family's up in a stir and we're making our way to the next door neighbor's house. Concerned about what we may have just seen, we ring their doorbell and wait. Their daughter answers the door, we report what had happened, and she sets us at ease by telling us "oh, that was my friend. he said he'd drop by for a bit and write on my car." Case closed and we go back home.

That was fun.

Also, I had a dream last night where I was standing in a small dungeon-like room with a peculiar stone carving off to the side. I walk over to it and take notice of its features: a woman sitting on one side of this massive stone slab with her eyes closed, her head directed toward the sky; a man sitting opposite her with his attention focused on her. Below the woman, starting at her knees, within her dress was another carving of her head looking slightly more up, and a third below that rising halfway through the slab. Numerous carvings of what appear to be tarot cards laid between them, though they were not in the standard formation of three or so in a row but in a grid pattern consisting of anywhere from 12 to 20. These tarot cards I realize belong to the woman as though she were telling the man his future. I hear a voice call out to me as though it were the overseer of this dungeon I had found myself in. It said: "All these pieces hold a purpose, and all are needed to express its meaning. What is the meaning behind this carving?"

After a moment's deliberation, I had my answer: Life. My reason being that of the continuation of any species on the planet while the tarot cards represented our actions and consequences that lay bare before us, though in no discernible order as if to represent agency. I was wrong and informed that the answer was actually "Illusion". Confused, I saw a passage open up in the floor and I made my way through it to my next trial.

The room I now found myself in was significantly larger with images carved into the walls. In the center of the room was an opening leading down into a cylindrical lava chamber with a small chain-link iron basket hanging from the opening, and beside it, four levers. The same voice calls out to me to give me my next riddle, but for some reason, I'm too caught up in thought to properly hear the riddle. But it's too late and the carvings around the room begin to glow crimson and the lava in the chamber below begins to rise. I see one carving that appears to be the indicator of a timer starting at 11 seconds. I call out for the voice to repeat the question and it begins to do so. The "timer", however, ticks on and I know I don't have the time to wait until the riddle is completed. I reach down to pull one lever at a fevered rate, fearing the worst only for nothing to happen. Realizing that there was apparently no consequences for wrong choices, I-

And that's when I woke up. The first thought to pass through my mind was a line from Evanescence's "Whisper": Never sleep, never die. I leap from my bed to the computer and type out in a word document what I had experienced in case I needed something extra to throw into a game some day.

I thought about the statuesque carving in the first room and how the man and the woman were facing might have had some significance, at least in my own view. I've come to the conclusion that women are typically wiser in the way things have been, are and likely will be, while men typically act solely in the present and try to make sense of what lies before him, leaving room for much more frequent and senseless missteps than those that would befall a woman. Deep down, I believe that leaving a man to his own primordial devices will ultimately lead to chaos and self-servitude the likes of which plague our current world. You need not look further than most religions for evidence of this, as the woman is seen as the servant and the man the master. Men in positions of power still have qualms with allowing a woman to be the voice of a people.

This is why men need to listen to the wisdom of their mothers and take such things to heart, because without respect for the woman that gave birth to you, how will you ever respect any other woman you come in contact with?
Well, my picks for the Melbourne Cup didn't get anything but hey! At least it was fun~ ^.^

What did you other Aussies pick? Win anything?
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
What the hell is up with you guys' crazy dreams

My last dream was about WORK

:(
I can't help but celebrate your new avatar! : D
Dudesoft
author=Yellow Magic

Plot Twist: it was a crazy dream.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=Yellow Magic

Dreaming of work. I once dreamed I was tuning a piano. It was surprisingly accurate. It was a Kawai KG-2. I had my tuning fork, my mutes, my hammer (tuning levers are called hammers because of their size and shape), everything. It tuned perfectly with no troublesome notes (of course Yamaha's and Kawai's usually tune easily). I literally bored myself awake.
Dudesoft
Piano, that's hilarious.

In other news, I recently skipped a 12 hour comic drawing event and am really kicking myself. I bailed on it to go disc golfing with my friends, whom I haven't seen much of since the cottage.
Then managed to miss on that because of money tightness. Sigh!
Now I am considering doing my own 12-hour event, just to get it out of me.
I might just run an event over in the art section. We could hang out in irc while we draw.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
I'm thinking Dudesoft's avatar is confusing me, I keep thinking he's Link_2112
I can't update my profile, it keeps giving me Errors, help guys Q_Q

I don't want to have an angry face anymoooore
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Is the picture you're trying to use 150x150, because if it's any bigger, it won't work?
Dudesoft
http://youtu.be/Ph8EOwSaiCY
@20:00 ish
...Yeah... So, I've been trying to quit coffee for about three weeks now. What's that, Dudesoft? Comparing coffee to alcohol? My family has addiction problems. My grandpa was a brutal alcoholic, which kept my dad sober but didn't stop him from potato chips. He now makes a point to walk through the chip aisle every time he goes to the grocery store. (So he can control his choice to not eat them.)
So, I'm really tired from staying up late making those cards in the other thread, and work has been hell this morning. All I could think of was that creamy, sugary, bitter pick-me-upper that soothingly slides across my tongue. Goddamnit. I went upstairs at the airport and bought a medium double-double(2 cream, 2 sugar) Tim Horton's coffee (not even good coffee!) and miserably directly after, came downstairs.
I opened the drink tab, and smelled it. I wanted it so BAD.
Then went to the bathroom and poured it down the sink. God that was hard... Funny enough, I don't want a coffee anymore.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
I gave up coffee once, never, ever again. It just made me miserable. I didn't sleep any more than I did before and I had less energy. I can go for days or a week without it if I'm somewhere either with really bad coffee or none at all, but I like coffee, and I like the social ritual of going for a coffee with workmates or friends.

But if it the thing you want to do I wish you luck with it, giving up an actual addiction is difficult but worth it if you want to have more control over what you do with your body.

Also did you change your avatar so I'd be less confused? if so, thank you that was sweet.
Kentona helped me fix it.

Kentona's cool.
I hate coffee. Ugh. I love the smell of it, but the taste is just... awful.

And I sort of liked the Star Trek: The Next Generation avatars. Though it's exceptionally sad that I could usually recognize exactly which episode they came from..........
"Today I am going to start my diet for real"

*takes boys to McDonalds for breakfast*
*eat at a bar for lunch with dad*
*friends are bringing over KFC for supper*

"Fuck."