LET'S WORK ON YOUR GAME DESCRIPTIONS!

Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
author=Marrend
*Edit: As a sub-note, doing list-tags on gamepages might create automatic white-space between each list entry that... I'm not really sure can be fixed. A viable alternative is to not mess with list formatting.
seriously what's the deal with that? I could never fix it in my game's gamepage.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
@Mirak: I have no idea why it does it. Posts with lists also have that effect, but, I've noticed that editing said posts with... something usually gets rid of the white space.
Hello everyone
below is my description of the game, it was temporary denied due to insufficient info, any comments will be welcomed:

Tormented 12 is an RPG story of the 12 Hebrew tribes.
Inspired by games like Ultima ,eye of the beholder and more, the game will begin around 740 BC, and will be based on the past 2000 years history of the Israelite's.
The encounters, the riddles, the biblical magic and more will be integrated according to history and of course the game itself will have old fashion RPG game we all loved and played.
Start your game by selecting a 'Judge' ( A Hero title in biblical era ) from 11 different characters and races.
You will also choose your Hebrew tribe to increase your skill set.
Each tribe has it's own unique set of skills and traits.
You begin your adventure in Bibilical times.
Around 740BC an orcish invasion (Imitation of the Assyrian documented invasion)
Is threatening the kingdom. You start your game inside the temple mount trying to push back the Orcish raid.
Fight your way through slavery and Goblinian (Babylonian) exile and restore hope for your people. Discover holy relics and lost treasures. Forge alliances and rebuild the Temple. Fight biblical demons and become the most powerful Judge history has ever known.
For more information, log in to www.Tormented12.com.
Marrend
My thought is to say something to...

Inspired by games like Ultima, Eye of the Beholder, and others, Tormented 12 is a historical fiction game based on the biblical account of the twelve Hewbrew tribes. Encounters, riddles, and magic will be integrated according to that history, with a bit of old-fashioned RPG gameplay weaved in.

Players select a Judge (a heroic title from the biblical era) from 11 different tribes, each tribe having their own set of skills and traits with which to deal with the threats/situations presented in the game.

For more information, visit our website!

...this effect?
Thank you for the quick replay,
updated!
Any other additional info you/others may think off?

Marrend
Now that I think of it, maybe there is something else you could use from your original description? My train-of-thought is along the lines of putting something about the Assyrian invasion as a point of story-telling before you go into the paragraph from my last post. So, maybe, it would be more like...

Tormented 12 is a historical fiction game that aims to tell approximately 2000 years of biblical-history in relation to the Hebrew tribes. The game begins in approximately 740 BC, with the Assyrian invasion. Players take the role of a Judge (a heroic title from that era) from one of the tribes, and are tasked to deal with this, and many other threats/situations given the skills/traits of their fellow tribe-members.

While Tormented 12 is a biblical-historical game, it takes inspiration from titles like Ultima, and Eye of the Beholder, among other titles. Encounters, riddles, and magic will be integrated according to the biblical history, with a bit of old-fashioned RPG gameplay weaved in.

For more information, visit our website!

...this?
hello ~!
can anyone help me fixing my Descriptions?

http://rpgmaker.net/games/8769/

I really don't want to spoil a lot that's why its quite short.
Marrend
Trying to visit your gamepage will generate an anti-climbing paint "page not found" error, since it's not accepted. That's why I suggested copy-pasting your description! Sorry for not being more forthcoming about my reasons before, though.
Oh sorry, here's the description

PLOT:

In this game, you take on the role of Kyleen as she suddenly experienced strange dreams. Heading back she noticed an old house and met a girl. Reaching home, Kyleen forgot something and went back to find it. Suddenly, a loud noise coming from the old house where it caught Kyleen's attention to examine the said house. After checking both first floor and second she didn't find the girl instead her old pen.

"Strange, where is she?"
As she tries to leave, the mystery of the old house begins to clutter it's surrounding and weird atmosphere has begun.

Features :
- Original characters
- Original story
- Edited sprite design and tileset
- 2 protagonists
- Own icon
- Original Illustrations
- 3 different endings

Dark Sketch is an RPG game that focused on story-based , puzzles and chasing events with dark atmosphere.

(is it ok to put "TIPS" in the descriptions?")

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!
Marrend
I'm thinking something like...

Dark Sketch is a dark, atmospheric RPG that focuses on puzzles and chase-events. Players take on the role of Kyleen. She passes by an old house, and meets a girl there. Upon reaching her own home, she realizes that she left something behind at the old house, and went back to fetch it. When she arrived, she heard a strange noise. Curious, she investigated the house. While she found what she left behind, but, she could not find the girl she met earlier, or what caused the noise. Kyleen shrugged it off, and tried to leave. However, she soon found that the house had a will of it's own, and it would not allow her to leave just yet. If at all!

Features
- Original characters and story
- Edited/altered sprite designs and tilesets
- 2 protagonists
- Original illustrations
- 3 different endings

...this, though I could be taking a few liberties. As for a place to put tips, I would recommend adding a tab to the gamepage that has that information in it. I'm 99% sure that you can't do this until after the gamepage is accepted. However, the sequence of clicks to use in this game's case would be Manage Games->Dark Sketch->Pages->Add Page.
1 room. survival type game. see how long you can last in this 'test idea'.
more upfront type things

60 fps
nice smooth camera movements and it moves alot because it moves dependin on which way you are facing in game.

cool awesome photoshop like color adjustments to everything, because i can't make anything look good with out it unfortunately for me. but i feel it can be used to such beautiful, gorgeous effect anyways. so crutch or not it's absolutly 100% a must.

smoothly animated pixel sprites. feels natural and flowy.

faux 2d lighting. gradients basically. for instance things further away from you appear darker and further away?
stuff glows too some times. think of leds in the dark.

atmospheric sounds. relies more so on sound effects, not really to much music actually in this test. sounds like your in a large open area even though it's not as open in game though.

1-2 cutscenes illustrating the dark and horrible nature of the 'test area'. not to sure atm.

1-2 really really cool looking promo imagery
back end sort of things

3 different enemy behaviors. i have absoultly no clue atm.
shaders,and not horrible looking shaders.idk how it works

a health system. you will die.
a 'stamina' system, can't just have you using your ablitites endlessly.
you have a short range projectile type weapon, not really to strong. a close range attack. an anime dash sort of move. a shield. you know the normal things.

you collide with objects.
if you run into something you may slide around it. depending on how you are applying the physics. fake physics happen all the time in this place. like if you run into a part of the enemy you killed you will push it, but it looks heavy so you kind of go around it but it gives a bit to yu as well.

im unsure if it's keyboard friendly or not.

i suppose you can jump up and down too, wow maybe even air dash.
cam behavior
applying character physics with key presses or analog sticks.
integrating sounds, the set piece has atmosphere and everything you do produces sounds more or less i think.

it's a rough idea of a project. it will be a lot to figure out and adjust till it works properly even. but i feel i can do it?
thank god for google and feedback.
author=Marrend
I'm thinking something like...

Dark Sketch is a dark, atmospheric RPG that focuses on puzzles and chase-events. Players take on the role of Kyleen. She passes by an old house, and meets a girl there. Upon reaching her own home, she realizes that she left something behind at the old house, and went back to fetch it. When she arrived, she heard a strange noise. Curious, she investigated the house. While she found what she left behind, but, she could not find the girl she met earlier, or what caused the noise. Kyleen shrugged it off, and tried to leave. However, she soon found that the house had a will of it's own, and it would not allow her to leave just yet. If at all!

Features
- Original characters and story
- Edited/altered sprite designs and tilesets
- 2 protagonists
- Original illustrations
- 3 different endings

...this, though I could be taking a few liberties. As for a place to put tips, I would recommend adding a tab to the gamepage that has that information in it. I'm 99% sure that you can't do this until after the gamepage is accepted. However, the sequence of clicks to use in this game's case would be Manage Games->Dark Sketch->Pages->Add Page.

Thank you so much, I'll try this one. Maybe when it is accepted I'll try to add.
RPG Maker Engine perhaps it's not Spectacular and Brilliant as another game engine in the modern days but I want to point out that the quality of a game doesn't lie in the quality of the graphics, but the quality of the game is on the storyline and addictive levels. Here I want to make a life simulation game like Harvest Moon or GTA with Crows Zero theme or school students background. With old school graphics and quality game in the past this would maximize the performance of RPG Maker Engine. This game will use the Role Playing Games and Visual Novels genre mixed with variables of love story and Anime / Manga theme.
This story tells about Harry Springfield, the mysterious young man who returns to his hometown after 5 years of wandering. From the looks of him look weak and stupid but behind it all there is a mystery inside him that not known to others. The Story more exciting when he was reunited with an old friend named Billy and Billy invites him to join a boxing club at his school. Later, Harry finds his real personality and he wants to become a national boxing champion, Until he reaches a complicated option, fight for justice or fight for his love to fulfill his dream.
RPG Maker Engine perhaps it's not Spectacular and Brilliant as another game engine in the modern days but I want to point out that the quality of a game doesn't lie in the quality of the graphics, but the quality of the game is on the storyline and addictive levels. Here I want to make a life simulation game like Harvest Moon or GTA with Crows Zero theme or school students background. With old school graphics and quality game in the past this would maximize the performance of RPG Maker Engine. This game will use the Role Playing Games and Visual Novels genre mixed with variables of love story and Anime / Manga theme.
This story tells about Harry Springfield, the mysterious young man who returns to his hometown after 5 years of wandering. From the looks of him look weak and stupid but behind it all there is a mystery inside him that not known to others. The Story more exciting when he was reunited with an old friend named Billy and Billy invites him to join a boxing club at his school. Later, Harry finds his real personality and he wants to become a national boxing champion, Until he reaches a complicated option, fight for justice or fight for his love to fulfill his dream.
Marrend
My best suggestion is something like...

Harry Springfield returns to his hometown after five years of wandering. He reunites with an old friend, Billy, who invites him into a boxing club. Through participating, Harry finds himself, and acquires a dream to become the national boxing champion.

Personal aside
Perhaps making a game made with the RPG Maker engine is not spectacular, or brilliant, as other games made in other engines. However, the purpose of this project is not to make a "pretty" game, but to make a quality life-simulation game, like Harvest Moon or Grand Theft Auto.

...this. Though, I sorta have to question the point about RPG Maker games not being spectacular, or brilliant. Maybe you should take a look at games like Luxaren Allure, Free Sprits, and Tristain - Lady of the Lion?
author=Marrend
...this. Though, I sorta have to question the point about RPG Maker games not being spectacular, or brilliant. Maybe you should take a look at games like Luxaren Allure, Free Sprits, and Tristain - Lady of the Lion?

I agree. I'd also like to add my two cents.

I recommend cutting out the whole "rpg maker isn't the most spectacular" spiel.

RPG Maker engines are tools, like other game development platforms. Most everyone on this site, with the exception of a few, uses or are familiar with this tool. Don't cut down your tools, because it sounds like 1. you're not satisfied with your own creation, and 2. that I should prepare for disappointment.

Also, as Marrend said, there's a lot of brilliant games on this site. Cutting down the engine as a whole doesn't do any favors for you or your potential players. When people see "rpg maker engine," they know two things right off the bat: 1. most likely it's an RPG or adventure game, and 2. it's not 3d. No reason to apologize for it.

There's people who play RPG Maker games, and then there's people who intentionally avoid them at all costs. Can't do anything about the latter, but you can attract the former. Maybe instead of "this game isn't supposed to be pretty, it's a quality life simulator," you can change it to "this game is a quality life simulator", and just take all the negative stuff out.

Hope this helps.
If it might not be much of a bother, could someone proofread over my game description, please? Here is the link, http://rpgmaker.net/games/8815/
Marrend
It appears we lost a few posts due to RMN's old server dying an ignoble death. I cannot recall if we have helped SickTerror, yet, so, you might need to repost.

In any event, I just want to reiterate that giving a link to a game profile that is not yet accepted will raise a 404 error (ie: the anti-climbing paint page). Please copy-paste your description into your post, and we can go from there!
Can someone help me with the spelling and grammar.
Jason,Tiffany, Amy, Allan are urban explorers as they come across this old rundown abandon mansion the soon find out they can not they escape but they only have a
little bit of food to only last another couple hours and who knows how long it will take for help to come...

As they uncover the secrets of the old house and as they acquire food and water they soon realize they are not alone there are plenty of ghosts and other
strange things in there that seem to be unfriendly and that want to kill them ...

Allan takes out his cell phone but it has no signal so he and the others just use then for flashlights, so this is how when you say Don't eat the purple one it
means never take what you have for granted nor should you take others for granted...
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Hazelsoft
Can someone help me with the spelling and grammar.
Jason,Tiffany, Amy, Allan are urban explorers as they come across this old rundown abandon mansion the soon find out they can not they escape but they only have a
little bit of food to only last another couple hours and who knows how long it will take for help to come...

As they uncover the secrets of the old house and as they acquire food and water they soon realize they are not alone there are plenty of ghosts and other
strange things in there that seem to be unfriendly and that want to kill them ...

Allan takes out his cell phone but it has no signal so he and the others just use then for flashlights, so this is how when you say Don't eat the purple one it
means never take what you have for granted nor should you take others for granted...

Jason, Tiffany, Amy and Allan are urban explorers. They come across an old, rundown abandoned mansion, and soon find they cannot escape! With only enough food to last a couple of hours, who knows how long it will take for help to come...

As they uncover the secrets of the house while looking to acquire food and water, they soon realize they are not alone. The house is filled with ghosts and other strange things that are hostile towards our heroes and want to see them dead.

Allan takes out his cell phone but it has no signal. It seems phones are only good as flashlights now. (Not sure what you're trying to say with the part about 'the purple one' ^^;;)