FINAL FANTASY 6 REMAKE!

It's a good thing I just spent the last of my iTunes money on Dimensions, because I'd rather play something made by the same team that made The After Years then play something that obviously wasn't tested.

But seriously, how the hell did Squenix not notice that? Were they like, "Yeah, let's just piss off the fans once more by releasing a half-assed remake that ends just before the halfway point of the game." Even if (That's a big if right there given that it's Squenix we're talking about) a patch to fix that glitch is released, I'm still not going to buy the game, I'll just spend my money on FFV iOS (It might be an HD'd FFV Advance, but at least it's fully beatable from what I've read)
Note that this isn't in-house. The Japanese studio Matrix Software is responsible for the development of this game.
Sorry for double post (If it is one), but Matrix having a lot of involvement doesn't really change things for me. Matrix helped with the 3D remakes of FF III and IV, The Four Heroes of Light, as well as the English localisations of The After Years (Wii version) and Dimensions. As far as I'm aware, those games are nearly glitchless.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Yeah, Square hasn't ever made any of their ports or remakes in-house. They always outsource all of them.
masterofmayhem
I can defiantly see where you’re coming from
author=LockeZ
Yeah, Square hasn't ever made any of their ports or remakes in-house. They always outsource all of them.

The worst pat is, I don't know if your being sarcastic with that statement or not. (though I don't think you are, it is you we're talking about).
masterofmayhem
Damn, double post.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
It's pretty standard practice for developers to outsource their ports.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Not sarcasm, true fact, yeah. One specific company, TOSE Co., did all the PSX and GBA Final Fantasy ports, plus the PSX and Nintendo DS ports of Chrono Trigger, and the PSP ports of Final Fantasy Tactics and the first two Star Ocean games.

Which is why all of those games have the same shitty style of optional bonus dungeons, where you start in a water cave, and then go down a set of stairs and are in a library, and then go down a set of stairs and are in a forest, and then go down a set of stairs and are in a volcano, and then go down a set of stairs and are in a snowy town, and then go down a set of stairs and are in a tower.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/TOSE

They hired a different company for the 3D remakes of FF3, FF4, and SaGa 2. I can't remember who.
Apparently Square did do the FFI/II/IV Complete collection PSP ports themselves. ...Which would explain their higher quality.
LockeZ
It might say so, but I'm pretty sure they're just uncredited.
masterofmayhem
author=LockeZ
Not sarcasm, true fact, yeah. One specific company, TOSE Co., did all the PSX and GBA Final Fantasy ports, plus the PSX and Nintendo DS ports of Chrono Trigger, and the PSP ports of Final Fantasy Tactics and the first two Star Ocean games.

Which is why all of those games have the same shitty style of optional bonus dungeons, where you start in a water cave, and then go down a set of stairs and are in a library, and then go down a set of stairs and are in a forest, and then go down a set of stairs and are in a volcano, and then go down a set of stairs and are in a snowy town, and then go down a set of stairs and are in a tower.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/TOSE

They hired a different company for the 3D remakes of FF3, FF4, and SaGa 2. I can't remember who.

That explains so, so much actually.
someone, change the name of this thread to final fantasy vi demake
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Haha... Well, I didn't like ff6 to begin with. Now it's going to be even worse. Help me Square-Enix! I want to like thus game less! Oh, thankies.
Ok fans need to just go ahead and remake the old ffs themselves, since Square is obviously incompetant.

At the rate this crap is going we should all just go support those guys who made 3/4 DS and 4 Heroes. (I believe an alternate company helped with them, right?)
author=Arandomgamemaker
At the rate this crap is going we should all just go support those guys who made 3/4 DS and 4 Heroes. (I believe an alternate company helped with them, right?)

That was Matrix Software. They did the English localisations of The After Years (Wii) and Dimensions, as well as the games you mentioned.
All of the aforementioned games are great, so obviously they have the power and resources to make a great game, whether it just be a remake, bringing a game to the English speaking communities or a totally original game.

Something I just thought of; Even if Square-Enix published this game, isn't it still their responsibility to test this game to see it's fully beatable as well as it is Matrix's?
author=Arandomgamemaker
Ok fans need to just go ahead and remake the old ffs themselves, since Square is obviously incompetant.

I so wanted to. I was frantically practicing my spriting skills, but no avail. I'd love to remake FF6 if I could =/ It's my first and most favorite game in the world. Making a FF5 remake would be kick ass too.
If the tile graphics from the iOS version of FF6 are ever properly ripped, I would consider trying it because I could fix any of the messed up ones and use better character sprites and stuff.
I'm still waiting for the 3d remake on the N64 lol
Did somebody ask for FF6 style sprites? Well here you go!
author=Arandomgamemaker

Haha no. Exact same company. Go figure!