ULTIMA FANTASY MAFIA - GAME ON! [POSTGAME]

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Don't trust anyone, who says trust me. I got two suspects so far. Two more two go. You got some six hours to impress me.

With usual mafia luck Xoeiseer and gets mod killed. If he doesn't comment for any other reasons, welp he got 8 hours to prove me wrong.
Let's hope Cave isn't the mafia because that means death to all townies who oppose him. ;w;

The only strange thing I've seen this day was cave automatically assuming that psy was not going to scumhunt. Cave could easily just be bullying him into scum hunting preemptively though. :P

As an extension to psy talking about sacrificing innocents, I don't think I subscribe to the idea of killing off people who could very well be town because they're unhelpful either.

If that's your reason for suspecting them as mafia, fine, but they're still bodies keeping us from losing if they're just unhelpful, ya know?

As day 1 lynches stand, though? We could always get lucky! We definitely won't get lucky if we don't pick someone.
author=Gourd_Clae
As day 1 lynches stand, though? We could always get lucky! We definitely won't get lucky if we don't pick someone.

If we come to a mostly unanimous democratic agreement about who to lynch, there's like 0% chance they're scum. There'd be at least two other people caaasually steering suspicion away from them, if not outright defending them.

Also I don't suspect cave too much at this point because he made a beeline straight for me. If he was scum he'd be going after soft targets or nobody at all, and then just nightkill me. Not that it isn't extremely annoying to be backpedaling all game.

author=Cap_H
Don't trust anyone, who says trust me. I got two suspects so far. Two more two go. You got some six hours to impress me.

With usual mafia luck Xoeiseer and gets mod killed. If he doesn't comment for any other reasons, welp he got 8 hours to prove me wrong.

Can you name your suspects, or is there a reason you're not able to share freely?

Also I think days in-game are actually two irl days so Xoe should have more time. Would you be for or against lynching Xoe? especially if they only showed up to make a token inscrutable comment
The other benefit to Day 1 lynches is info gathering. We get to see who lynched who day 1 and we get to examine their posts as well.
Also, Day 1 lynches of mafia have happened before a few times!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I don't want to point at anyone, yet. I gave criminals 24 hours to confess and i mean to hold my word.
Xoe's comments if they appear will definitely confusing and suspicious as hell.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Anyway, Tangled, when did you learn to capitalize things? It's giving me the creeps.

Holy crap, this is actually a good point.

Look at TL's first post about potentially being inactive. Then look at how his posts look when he starts playing properly.

Seems to me that someone's writing posts with a lot of care. I wonder why?

#cancel
#lynch TangledLion
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=psy_wombats
@lockez any reasoning behind your vote or is the usual day 1 throwaway vote? Because odd is about the only person I could argue is innocent right now

My typical day 1 and day 2 strategy, if no one is suspicious yet, is to lynch the most useless people. I did this in the last several games too. Like Gourd said, we could get lucky and happen to lynch scum. At this point, we are mostly just lynching blindly, which is fine. But, if we do accidentally lynch a town member (which we have a 77% chance of doing), it's better to lose oddRABBIT or Xoe than someone who's useful

I mean, that's assuming that no one is actually suspicious. Right now I think psy_wombats is suspicious. IMO the only reason to ever argue against a day 1 lynch is if you're scum and one of the other scum is being targeting in the blind lynching. Any other reason you give is just an excuse to hide this fact.

Curious why you think oddRABBIT is innocent.

Also I must be old because I pronounce # as "pound" rather than "hashtag"
Blobofgoo
Legs are a burden. Return to snek.
Sword Kill will appear as a vigilante kill, but not show who did it.
author=Yellow Magic
Holy crap, this is actually a good point.

Look at TL's first post about potentially being inactive. Then look at how his posts look when he starts playing properly.

Seems to me that someone's writing posts with a lot of care. I wonder why?

#cancel
#lynch TangledLion

Wow, is this really what I get when I try to address complaints about my posting habits? XD

I think I'm gonna #cancel since I don't want anyone getting hammered. To be honest, I'm town, so that DOES make me one of those "Useless Players" in that aspect, and while my skill might be a bit higher than someone like odd, the off chance Odd is the Seer, or WMage make the whole "They didn't help much last game so we can live without them" idea not work. So, as much as it pains me to say it, I MIGHT be the most solid choice if we don't have any scum leads...
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Oh, are you role-claiming as not having a special role, then?
Blobofgoo
Xoe still hasn't read her PMs so fingers crossed he/she doesn't get modkilled.
author=LockeZ
Oh, are you role-claiming as not having a special role, then?

Yup, that is my official claim.
Oh and Blob, for future reference, Xoe lists herself as a girl on her profile.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Nope, I'm not any roles, Tangled. I'm just normal town, which, yes, makes me utterly useless.
LockeZ
XoeIscool is definitely a dude though. A dude who plays a female character on the forums. So having no idea what pronoun to use is correct.

My opinion of oddRABBIT is mostly based on how well he played in previous games. In this game he's been fine so far.

I still think the rest of Tunger's logic is nonsensical. Every lynch, no matter what day it's on, will most likely kill a townie. But if you don't lynch, that's the equivalent of giving the scum one extra night kill. Anyone who's ever played Mafia more than a couple times knows this.

I actually don't think Tunger is scum because arguing in favor of nolynch right after I said that only scum would argue in favor of nolynch is too stupid for scum to actually try. Psy was arguing in favor of it before I said that though.

#cancel
#lynch psy_wombats
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=TangledLion
Oh and Blob, for future reference, Xoe lists herself as a girl on her profile.

Xoe, gender-wise, is a complicated person.

So, I'm back. It took me long to read runes as I learned it in my adulthood so I could pursue my hobby and read religious books.

So far these people are the most suspicious one:
oddRabit -for writing that he is a normal townie.
Psy -for the reasons Cave stated. These good looking texts may be a mask as well.
Tangled -There is a strange vibe in his posts. YM has a point about them being carefully crafted. The new ones seem to confirm suspicion.
InfectionFiles -He's quiet and confesses to be assassin in this post:
author=InfectionFiles
fos = figuring out serial killer

which is a big deal this game because you could NEVER get it

Blobofgoo
Xoe's gender is actually listed as "CPU Hypernet"
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
author=Cap_H
So, I'm back. It took me long to read runes as I learned it in my adulthood so I could pursue my hobby and read religious books.

Now this is interesting, first talk about hammers, now talk about "religious books" and runes, this seems like a bad attempt at a role claim of blacksmith or Mage, someone hinting at BOTH seems to be neither, I find that suspicious Cap.
#cancel, #lynch Cap