PRESIDENT TRUMP

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I think it was a trans* joke or something because they
This Guardian article has a decent summary of what the triple parenthesis indicates. I'll leave it to you to determine what somebody like harmonic uses it for given the context.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
what the fuck. they should have used asterisks to pretend it's like little yellow star badges
Say what you will about cidmakeador, the guy made a good point on the Ozzy/Sabbath distinction.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Housekeeping
Say what you will about cidmakeador, the guy made a good point on the Ozzy/Sabbath distinction.

Yeah, just because Ozzy's singing doesn't mean it's Black Sabbath.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
author=GreatRedSpirit
I'll leave it to you to determine what somebody like harmonic uses it for given the context.

"Somebody like harmonic"

You say my name with such hate in your tone. Like I'm a bad person for not being to the left of Karl Marx.

I mean I'm reaching out and hoping the country comes together and I guess the left is going to just double down on shit like this:

And this:

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
is the main thrust of your point that people that voted for donald trump did so because they were mad at people on the internet?
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Harmonic, can you do this poisoned community a favor and just leave? Thanks.
User was warned for this post
harmonic
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
is the main thrust of your point that people that voted for donald trump did so because they were mad at people on the internet?

No.

author=Ratty524

You said it was poisoned, not me. You want me to leave because you disagree with my politics? (which you likely don't even know) Come on, you said your small call-out, let's hear how you really feel. Do the big public call-out you so badly want to say. Make it really, REALLY personal and off topic.

Actually, how about you just block me? Or take your call-outs to PMs if you feel so strongly about it.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
oh. this is a very bizarre tangent then.
harmonic
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
oh. this is a very bizarre tangent then.

No it's not. Some people on the left have tried to learn from this loss. Others, well, are doubling down on "everyone is racist and sexist, etc". The things people are sick of hearing. You don't change minds by shaming. All you do is move political opponents underground and silence them. This is a bipartisan issue, because the chasm between left and right continues to widen as neither side has a modicum of interest in even hearing the other. I'm telling you what the left can stop doing to mend that rift, and that's quit with the bigot labels every 2 nanoseconds. Especially for guys like me who would be considered right wing, but would also be called a "race traitor" or a "cuck" or a "degenerate" by the alt-right.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
oh, so it is what I said.

Well, I can assure you that millions of people did not rush to the polls to vote trump due to leftists calling people idiots. slep tite
harmonic
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
oh, so it is what I said.

Well, I can assure you that millions of people did not rush to the polls to vote trump due to leftists calling people idiots. slep tite

Not an argument

Whether or not you think it affected the election, just stop. Stop it anyway. Not everyone you don't like is Hitler.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Do you want me to show evidence that ? I did not know that we were suddenly requiring evidence and formal arguments. can that requirement be retroactively applied?

I have a feeling that you are deluded and paranoid, since I have not called you or anyone Hitler yet, but on the other hand, Liberty has not posted in this thread while I've been active, so that is subject to change.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Why is everybody being so mean, now? I don't agree with harmonic, and I think he's being a bit condescending, but there's nothing that warrants telling him to leave, or whatever.

EDIT: Some good news: Trump has sold all of his stock in the Energy Transfer Partners, the owners of the Dakota Pipeline. So, it looks like Trump may actually intend to comply with the emoluments clause of the Constitution.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Harmy Boy
author=Ratty524
You said it was poisoned, not me. You want me to leave because you disagree with my politics? (which you likely don't even know) Come on, you said your small call-out, let's hear how you really feel. Do the big public call-out you so badly want to say. Make it really, REALLY personal and off topic.

Actually, how about you just block me? Or take your call-outs to PMs if you feel so strongly about it.
My, oh my. So many assumptions being made about my character. It figures that you display similar attitudes towards anyone who speaks up for people who aren't white heterosexual males.

Also, have you considered that this "widening of the chasm between the left and right" is something people like you are largely responsible for?
harmonic
author=Ratty524
My, oh my. So many assumptions being made about my character. It figures that you display similar attitudes towards anyone who speaks up for people who aren't white heterosexual males.

Also, have you considered that this "widening of the chasm between the left and right" is something people like you are largely responsible for?

I made no assumptions. You've publicly called me out, making threads personal and off topic twice now. Evidence-based conclusion.

And I really, really resent you saying the white heterosexual male thing. That's a strawman, and not every Republican is a "social conservative." This guy included. I live in ultra liberal Seattle and my wife is Asian so that'd be pretty silly, huh? I don't have a problem with people sticking up for someone who is being attacked. But it is being done proactively (pre-crime), with a broad brush (all x are y), and it pisses people off when you stereotype them based on their skin color, sex, and orientation.

I do that with ideology, yes. But not identity. Not things you cannot change.