PRESIDENT TRUMP

Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Yeah even I think the Republican stereotype is a bit much.

My mum's elder sister is a Republican - with a close working relationship with Jeb Bush at that. She's also of Pakistani ethnicity, and one of the most moderate people I know.
author=harmonic
And this:

Um, I'm not sure if you knew this beforehand, but, that clip is taken completely out of context.

She's not saying everything is sexist, racist and homophobic, she's just making a joke about how she used to be obnoxious to be around. You can view the full video here, if you don't want to take my word for it. The relevent part starts at around the 6:30 mark.
Yeah, the Republican coalition is pretty broad, really:
-Religious-minded social conservatives
-Libertarians
-Fiscal conservatives
-Super pro-military types
-Nationalists
-Fringe racists
-Angry loners

What a lot of it comes down to is whether you're more afraid of being controlled by government or corporations; just about everyone in America just wants freedom, but what that means is different to different people.

Also, I've been really interested to hear about Asian wives, but nobody around here ever talks about their Asian wives. Does anyone here have an Asian wife?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
@Sidewinder, I don't know. I just can't get behind a girl that went to the UN and asked them to ban badmouthing on Twitter.

@Housekeeping, I had a Native American wife (before she passed). She had no objections to the word, "indian".
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Sated
Ratty524
Harmonic, can you do this poisoned community a favor and just leave? Thanks.
The idea that people should leave just because you don't agree with them is far more poisonous than any of the opinions that Harmonic has.

i admit i'm not the greatest role model since i blew up at harm the day trump was elected because i was super emotional (and just plain don't like him and he only shows up in these topics on rmn which confuses me but w/e) but like......... what sated said. you ain't the crackers in the barrel. harmonic is clearly here to stay, even if i personally think he should try branching out and posting in places that aren't just controversial topics, since he's willing to usually discuss shit and has left his death threats phase. so... either suck it up or go away yourself ratie boy

i have no idea what the fuck "crackers in the barrel" is trying to say but i think i'm hungry and need a nap

more on-topic since harm bashing is getting old even to me:

ben carson makes me laugh but in a sick "i might vomit a little?" way
author=pianotm
@Sidewinder, I don't know. I just can't get behind a girl that went to the UN and asked them to ban badmouthing on Twitter.

Well, the United Nations invited her to talk about her experiences with online harassment, and I don't think it's unreasonable to want better regulation.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
author=Housekeeping
Also, I've been really interested to hear about Asian wives, but nobody around here ever talks about their Asian wives. Does anyone here have an Asian wife?

Snotty and unnecessary. If people are going to lump me in with actual racists, and I bring up real life reasons why I'm not (I'm getting really tired of having to prove I'm not racist) you should be content with my answer rather than mocking it. I mean, if there's absolutely no way to avoid shitty back talk, why should I even try?

pianotm
Umm, just a suggestion, maybe stop trying to prove you're not racist. When you're trying to prove something, you're usually trying to prove it to yourself.

EDIT: This is personal experience, by the way. Take it entirely with a grain of salt.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Craze
Sated
Ratty524
Harmonic, can you do this poisoned community a favor and just leave? Thanks.
The idea that people should leave just because you don't agree with them is far more poisonous than any of the opinions that Harmonic has.
i admit i'm not the greatest role model since i blew up at harm the day trump was elected because i was super emotional (and just plain don't like him and he only shows up in these topics on rmn which confuses me but w/e) but like......... what sated said. you ain't the crackers in the barrel. harmonic is clearly here to stay, even if i personally think he should try branching out and posting in places that aren't just controversial topics, since he's willing to usually discuss shit and has left his death threats phase. so... either suck it up or go away yourself ratie boy

Would you be content with letting a parasite drain/infect an entire body just because it wants food?
harmonic
author=pianotm
When you're trying to prove something, you're usually trying to prove it to yourself.

So that's why everyone gave me shit when I said "I take you to be my wife, so that I can say I'm not racist on the internet"
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Ratty524
Would you be content with letting a parasite drain/infect an entire body just because it wants food?

rmn already got out of its summer slump. don't drag it back down with all the weird #toxic metaphors because you don't agree with a viewpoint that isn't liberal, especially if you want rmn to grow.
Nobody called you racist; you bringing up your wife multiple times was weird.
pianotm
harmonic
So that's why everyone gave me shit when I said "I take you to be my wife, so that I can say I'm not racist on the internet"

"I'm not racist because my wife is Asian," does not prove you are not a racist. The fact that you're so hung up on it actually says something different. You really drove that point about your hot Asian wife home. (Yeah, you said "hot Asian wife".)

I'm really not trying to be mean, or anything, but if you believe you're not a racist, then why are you so desperate to prove it?
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=pianotm
I'm really not trying to be mean, or anything, but if you believe you're not a racist, then why are you so desperate to prove it?

What a stupid question. It's like asking, why are you trying to hard to prove you're innocent... are you, GUILTY!?
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
usually people try to prove themselves innocent when they are accused of a crime, not, out of nowhere.

anyway the conversation that has dominated the last two or three or sixteen pages is a red herring anyway. democrats didnt lose because they're haters. that isa lie invented by ape men. they didn't lose because of any singular reason at all. but if i had to name some of the most important ones, i would say they lost because of a flaw in the us constitution and secondly because in a clinton failed to convince a significant amount of people that she was less self-interested and genuine than the billionaire man whose life has consisted of exploiting people for his own self-interest.

e: i forgot people not voting, whether due to suppression or indifference
pianotm
Hexatona
What a stupid question. It's like asking, why are you trying to hard to prove you're innocent... are you, GUILTY!?

Are you commenting on how the question sounds, or are you actually failing to comprehend what is obviously an introspective question? Because if it's the second, I'm kind of insulted.

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
usually people try to prove themselves innocent when they are accused of a crime, not, out of nowhere.

It certainly looks as if he feels like he has something to prove.
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
i would say they lost because of a flaw in the us constitution

What flaw is this?
harmonic
author=pianotm
harmonic
"I'm not racist because my wife is Asian," does not prove you are not a racist. The fact that you're so hung up on it actually says something different. You really drove that point about your hot Asian wife home. (Yeah, you said "hot Asian wife".)

Um, I was joking. I didn't really marry an Asian woman just to not be racist.

That's a clever tactic though. Call Republicans racist every day for 8 years straight, then criticize them for defending themselves, claiming it's some sort of projection.

Bravo!
pianotm
harmonic
Um, I was joking. I didn't really marry an Asian woman just to not be racist.

Yeah, I know. There's two people who completely missed what I was saying.

In bringing it up (repeatedly), you're trying too hard to be not racist. Consider the possibility that this might something that bothers you on some level.
harmonic
author=pianotm
Yeah, I know. There's two people who completely missed what I was saying.

In bringing it up (repeatedly), you're trying too hard to be not racist. Consider the possibility that this might something that bothers you on some level.

Okay... you got me. I'm betraying my dream to be a KKK grand wizard. Don't look at me... I'm a monster! ;_;