BUN-BO FORUM RPG

halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
"Cewrious...cewrious indeed." I'm overwhelmed with options and decide the best option is to seek EVEN MORE OPTIONS. Let's see where that elevator goes!

2 & 2

-----

Sorry if it came across as though I wasn't having fun. I'm having a blast with this! The rolls can be a bit frustrating, but that's the nature of Toon (and DnD in general). Careful decisions undermined by sheer RNG; you just gotta take your lumps sometimes.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I'll use my epic dodge abilities to get to the south and see if I can't escape that way.

"S'cuse me, pardon me, comin through."

5+6 = 11
I casually tip the Ming vase closest to me over.
"Ooops"

Then I examine the machine, possibly pulling a lever or two or pushing any big red buttons. (and also if there is a record collection for the music player. I'll want to examine that)

1+6=7
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Start of Adventure / Character Sheets

halibabica / Rashers
Rashers, feeling giddy with curiosity hops onto the elevator platform and taps the big red button.
For a second, nothing happens. Just a short whirring sound.
Then...
SPROING!!!!
Rashers is catapulted through a hole in the ceiling that wasn't there before and lands in the second floor.
Rashers finds himself in a room the same size and dimensions of the vestibule.
These are the options:
The North has a window looking out to the security booth. (Rashers can see that Hahn McAvian hasn't budged.)
The East has a door that is closed.
The South has a portrait of Moodonna Funbags that fills a large space on the wall. (The rich daughter of the cow who made this house possible.)
The West has another door that is closed.
+1 Plot Point, for discovering the upstairs Elevator Room!

Hexatona / Milo
The mouse finds himself pressed against a large roll-up doorway, that he manages to burst through. However, he does so with such grace that a large bump appears on his head, and he takes -2 points of damage.
Milo enters into the Kitchen.
Directly before his eyes is a table too tall to see on top of. However, a strong aroma of turkey is wafting from it. Beside him, on the left, towers the glistening refrigerator.
There are also numerous doors to use...
To the North, the small mouse-shaped hole leads through a large metal roll-up door.
To the North-East, there is an open doorway.
To the East, there is a closed door.
To the South, there is a closed door with a window and a cat-door built in.
To the West, there is a closed door.
To the North-West, there is another open door leading into some kind of beautifully carpeted room with Ming vases in.

The kitchen table is on the West side of the room.
The refrigerator is on the wall to the east of the door Milo came through.
And on the east side of the South-most doorway is a counter, sink, and drawers.

Shinan / Wilton
As soon as the Ming Vase hits the floor, it shatters into a bunch of pieces. Before Wilton can move, an alarm goes off.
WHOOP! WHOOP! WHOOP! WHOOP!
Then, a Cleaning Robot zooms past Wilton, knocking him into the room.
-2 Damage
Wilton the Wolf has entered the Music Room. This activates the machine in the center of the room. A disco ball lowers from the ceiling and starts to spin. The lights dim, and the machine in the center of the room springs to life.
Spinning lights dance off the disco ball. Jets of water bubble through a series of glass tubes. Music begins to play.
THIS MUSIC
The music cuts the Whooping alarm short.
But for some reason, the record machine begins to malfunction! It begins spitting records around the room.
Anyone in the Music Room now must make additional 2d6 rolls to Dodge the records!
Wilton, still curious begins pushing buttons on the machine. One is a big red button. It is pressed.
As the music plays, a Dancing Robot zooms into room and swoops Wilton into her arms.
Wilton and the Dancing Robot are now DANCING.

Wilton will need to succeed an additional Dodge roll, or be stuck dancing for 1 Turn! (If you succeed your Dodge roll, you can continue and do other things next Turn.)
+1 Plot Point for finding the Music Room!

Hahn McAvian
Sleeping soundly, the security guard stirs at the sound of the Whooping alarm. However, the alarm ends so abruptly that he falls back to sleep.
halibabica
Question: can I hear this ruckus going on downstairs? It may influence my decision here...
Dudesoft
Yes, you can hear it. It seems to be coming from the floor, and weirdly, from behind the picture frame. Also, you can hear it from any windows as well. Hahn McAvian can hear it all the way out in the security booth.
halibabica
"Wut on ewrth?" I say to myself. I investigate the portrait of Moodonna Funbags for the source of this amazing music.

3 & 4
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
"Dios Mio, that turkey's GOT to be up there!!"

Scamper my lil ass up on to that table!!

2 + 4 = 6
I voluntarily continue to dance with the dancing robot. "You come here often?"

Also I guess I need to really a lot of dodge rolls?
I'll roll three times just in case.
6+6=12
6+5=11
6+5=11

Yeah... I guess that didn't go well at all.
Dudesoft
halibabica / Rashers
With earnest curiosity, Rashers discovers that music is coming from the painting! As well as a great deal of clatter. Like metal banging into metal.
Rashers peels away from the (apparently) acrylic painting. The side of his face now covered in a portion of Moodonna's face.
With careful examination, Rashers discovers hinges on one side of the painting. This is a clearly a hidden passageway!

Hexatona / Milo
Milo attempts to climb and falls backward onto the floor. This is attempted several unsuccessful times. Carefully searching the table for hand-holds, Milo gives it one last attempt. With a mighty clamoring effort, Milo makes it 3/4ths the way up before pinwheeling against gravity and landing on his head.
CONK!
-5 Damage! Milo has FALLEN DOWN.
(this will not count towards the game score)
Hexatona will wake up in 3 Turns.

Shinan / Wilton
The bashful robot swings Wilton through several fast moves. Whipping his body around like an accordion.
The robot answers, "Hubba... Hubba... You... Have... Smooth... Moves..."
The music changes to a fresh tune, and the Dancing Robot lets Wilton go. Spinning him in place like a top.
"Thanks... For... The... Dance... Hot... Stuff..." the Robot says, before rolling back into the door in the wall.
After numerous spins, Wilton slows down incredibly, only to pant heavily while stars spin around his head. As he stands there, wobbling in place, a record nails him in the back of the head!
SOCK!!!
-7 Damage!
Wilton has Fallen Down!
(this will not count towards your game score)
Shinan will be unconscious for 3 Turns!

Hahn McAvian
Is awoken by a radio commercial break, advertising new shoes. They got some real kick!
Blinking blearily, Hahn peers towards the house and sees the front door open. Disco music pours into his ears, and the guard soon figures out that something is wrong.
Hahn McAvian advances slowly towards the house. He is really tired and will take 4 Turns to reach the house.
halibabica
Well gosh, it seems I have the run of things again, and I'm not even boggled this time. Of course, one wrong move is all I need and I'll be unconscious too, so...

Let's see where that secret passage goes!

6 & 4
Dudesoft
halibabica / Rashers
The painting swings open, with relative ease. Without much of a thought more, Rashers steps into the secret door.
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEAH-Hoo-Hoo-Hooiey!
BANG!
CRASH!!!
JOLT!!!
ZOOOOOOM!!!!
Rashers falls into a black void. The secret door leads STRAIGHT DOWN!
Rashers lands on a pile or robots, which crash into each other. One of them short-circuits and electrocutes Rashers. Then a robot runs Rasher's burnt corpse over.
-20 Damage!
RASHERS HAS FALLEN DOWN. LITERALLY.
(this will not count towards the game score)
halibabica will be unconscious for 3 Turns.

Hahn McAvian
Continues to plod towards the door. But he steps on a rake and gets hit in the face.
-3 Damage!

Shinan and Hexatona will awaken in 2 Turns.
-------------------
NEXT TURN

Hahn McAvian
Continues to plod towards the door. But he steps on another rake and gets hit in the forehead. DONG!
-3 Damage!

Shinan and Hexatona will awaken in 1 Turn.
halibabica will awaken in 2 Turns.

-------------------
NEXT TURN

Hahn McAvian
Rubs the ouchies, but sleepily continues towards the front door. He avoids another rake. Whew! Fool me once, etc.

Shinan and Hexatona are now Awake with Full HP.
halibabica will awaken in 1 Turn.
halibabica
from me
Of course, one wrong move is all I need and I'll be unconscious too, so...
I believe this is what they refer to as "jinxing it."
"That was quite the disco inferno."

I look around to make sure where I am.

5+2=7
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
"Ach, a cat door!? I-I-I thought this was one o them Empty Show houses!?"

Gingerly tiptoe around the perimiter of the room (as all mice do) and peer into the NE Door to see what's in there.

Dudesoft
Shinan / Wilton
Wilton, blinking blearily, looks around the Music Room. First this way, then that way. The haze of sleepiness not preparing him for the onslaught of records flying around the room.
As his eyes catch a glimpse of something moving towards the front door of the house, a record smacks right into his mouth, leaving him with a fake toothy smile. Half the record stuck in his jowls.
-3 Damage!

Hexatona / Milo
The room Milo sees is a long rectangular place. Decorated with 5 Ming Vases, 2 Comfy chairs, and a large comfortable sofa with reclining seats. In front of the sofa stands a coffee table laden with bowls of fresh popcorn, and a variety of candy in bowls.
There is also an arcing black line about 2 inches thick that runs the length of the room in front of the coffee table.
On the other end of the room, Milo can see a north-facing window, and in the west wall is another doorway.
Nothing seems to be dangerous here.
+1 Plot Point!

halibabica / Rashers will be unconscious for 2 Turns. is now awake!
halibabica
from Dudesoft
halibabica / Rashers will be unconscious for 2 Turns.
Uh? Shouldn't I have just woken up? Everyone but Hahn was unconscious for 2 turns already.

Eh, I would've just looked around the room anyway.

4 & 1
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
"Well, if this doesn't say 'break time' I don't know what does!"

Have a seat in a reclining chair and enjoy the delicious popcorn and candy.

Dudesoft
author=halibabica
from Dudesoft
halibabica / Rashers will be unconscious for 2 Turns.
Uh? Shouldn't I have just woken up? Everyone but Hahn was unconscious for 2 turns already.

Sorry, hali. I was in a mad rush out the door the other day and tried to post too rapid-fire. Fixed!
Time to fight the evil record player. I engage the record-spitting monster in combat.

3+2=5