NET NEUTRALITY FCC VOTE

Pages: first prev 1234 last
author=Blind
Comcast just announced they will maintain neutrality for their customers.

If this is true, kudos to them. They might elevate themselves out of being a generally detested provider.

We're already seeing individual states and companies take a stand against this, which is pretty gratifying.

Didn't Comcast limit Netflix's traffic earlier so that they could charge more money from Netflix when Netflix was losing customers due to everyone using Comcast not able to use Netflix?

Though I admit in retrospect all the "We only support Isis" are somewhat humorous.
The rules arent official yet. They arent going to stoke a backlash now. They have to play the part of 'good guy corp" lest their actions get this ruling block in court
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Comcast is lying. Watch The Humanist Report. They keep changing their promises, and when people notice, they change them back.
This is plain censorship to information/free-speech. The internet is one of the mass communication mediums they can't fully control yet (contrary to paper/radio/TV programs). However, now with this "law"...

I hope people now realize how corrupt their government is and (who) would benefit from something like this?
I'll say this: without the internet, WW3 would've already happened.
author=AkumuGames
This is plain censorship to information/free-speech. The internet is one of the mass communication mediums they can't fully control yet (contrary to paper/radio/TV programs). However, now with this "law"...

I hope people now realize how corrupt their government is and (who) would benefit from something like this?
I'll say this: without the internet, WW3 would've already happened.

As an American myself, I already knew how corrupt our government is. No thanks to our elected president in the recent election that happened about two years ago... I think.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
It's been a year, not two.
Pages: first prev 1234 last