[MAFIA] CHRONO TRIGGER - A MAFIA THROUGH TIME - GAME OVER

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
so, straight away, I haven't seen odd voting in a while. It's a meta hunch, but it might be worth something.
I got little distracted, but I find LockeZ vote on me to be a reasonable reaction to my first post. I was little to eager to jump in.

#cancel

I will properly catch up and vote in the morning. Tbh, no one really stands out as paragon of towniness. Lizard Princess went with rngs, something we saw from scum in older games. OldPat's kinda quietly observing and so on. I'm sure I'll be able to make some townreads and sort people out a little with more attention.

For example - Psy's voting record suggests that he's town.
While I feel like most of what he said has to be true, I guess power roles are characters from Chrono Trigger - would be so easy to disprove.

Also on his abilities I can certainly believe someone has those abilities but whether or not they are his or have those names is not provable. From the rules:
When using a day action, I will make it public in my next votecount that a day action has been used, but not what action or by whom.

Thinking out loud here. Also it's unlikely that town has 7 power roles. We don't know if the scum team is drawing from the same characters as town or if they're drawing from bosses. Or if Odd is scum then his teammates suggested guessing at a character town might not have - like I said we're not going to have 7 power roles - maybe Frog was a guess? Then again he didn't have to say his identity just his skills. However someone in the know might have asked what character he was. However that would expose a power role. So I guess revealing the identity was possibly not scum-like as they could have withheld that because it's both riskier and deprives them the chance of fishing for a power role.

I'm on the fence as to whether or not I believe you, that not-a-claim nonesence earlier almost makes me think you were stalling for time to think up or discuss a fake claim.

Odd who would you suggest we lynch today if not you?
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
The Kirito thing was a joke about being a character with a sword, that being Frog, of course.

Uh, if not me, I dunno. It's early, and I'm an idiot so it's hard to point out one specific person?

Uh, I'm inclined to be fine with AlaskanEmily if only because she's like I'm super suspicious, so I'm probably town.

Right now, I do think Cap's post LockeZ pointed out was strange, so I decided to hop on that bandwagon, but I'm not omniscient, so no idea if that's the right move or not.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Oh, right, to tell the truth I planned on using my Water ability to save myself if Cap and I ended up having basically the same number of votes, but now that I'm being pressured it's basically impossible for me.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
When using a day action, I will make it public in my next votecount that a day action has been used, but not what action or by whom.

This hasn't actually happened yet, right? So scum didn't learn that Frog was a safe claim from a day power, at least.

And randomly fakeclaiming Frog without knowing it's safe seems pointlessly dangerous.

I guess it's possible that Frog is just a scum role; that honestly didn't occur to me until Fomar suggested it. That would be weird though. And in Jeroen's last two heavily themed games - Avalan mafia and Game of Thrones Mafia - all the scummy characters were scum. Well, everyone in Game of Thrones is kind of scummy, but all the scum characters in that game were members of Joffrey's court. So I think Frog is a legit town claim.
author=Fomar0153
We don't know if the scum team is drawing from the same characters as town or if they're drawing from bosses. Or if Odd is scum then his teammates suggested guessing at a character town might not have - like I said we're not going to have 7 power roles - maybe Frog was a guess?

I'm inclined to believe Odd about that at least. That would be such an unnecessarily risky guess to make this early.
No one disbelieves odd I'd hope? I'd rather not make assumptions about flavor (scum could be given characters they know are not in game, etc), but the hidden vote thing is one of those powers that scum don't/shouldn't show up with.
I have no reason to not believe odd here. One question before I cancel. In the op it said each character has an element. Any particular reason you didn't mention yours in the reveal?

I don't know what to think of cap's most recent post. It kinda ignores what's been going on, but he did say he'd catch up on the thread later so I'll hold off till he does that.

I was also considering emily, but I can't say she feels all that scummy to me. I didn't like her argument against muffle in that she wasn't making a strong argument considering it's day 1, but she also seems to be actively looking for clues. She also acknowledged caves comment which makes her look better than worse to me.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Oh, yeah, it does... Though my element should be obvious, yeah? I share it with one of my abilities, it's Water.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Day 1 Lynch Votecount as of 2020-04-26, 23:10 CEST:

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK: 0 - demonlord5000
oddRABBIT: 4 - CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK, Fomar0153, demonlord5000, Muffle
LockeZ: 1 - Muffle, Lizardman_Princess
demonlord5000: 1 - psy_wombats, OldPat
psy_wombats: 0 - Cap_H
Cap_H: 2 - psy_wombats, LockeZ, oddRABBIT
Muffle: 0 - psy_wombats
AlaskanEmily: 1 - psy_wombats

Not voting: 2 - AlaskanEmily, Cap_H

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 1 Time Travel Votecount as of 2020-04-26, 23:10 CEST:

65000000 B.C.: 1 - Muffle
600 A.D: 2 - LockeZ, psy_wombats
2300 A.D.: 6 - CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK, psy_wombats, Cap_H, Fomar0153, OldPat, LockeZ, oddRABBIT, demonlord5000

Not voting: 2 - AlaskanEmily, Lizardman_Princess

Day 1 will end 2020-04-27, 22:00 CEST, in about 23 hours, or when hammer is reached.

When cancelling a vote, please do so with #Cancel Lynch or #Cancel Travel so it's easier to interpret.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Eh, sure.

#cancel travel

#travel 600 A.D.
Alright. I figured that was the case.

#cancel lynch
#cancel travel
#travel 600 A.D.

I have no real arguments against this. It's a good way to gain some information going forward.
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
Hmmmm.
Cap, scum usually go for rgns on day one, you say? But then again, what other option do you have when you throw a lynch on day one? People who use an elaborate train of thought right off the bat in order to justify their first lynch are potentially more suspicious to me, although it pretty much depends on the reasoning they come up with. Like, the reasonings I saw in here 'till now is based on past experiences people had with said users they decided to lynch. I can't say much about that.
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
*are based on past experiences
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
Let me re-elaborate what I just said. xD Coming from a mafia newbie, at least on day one, I would expect some rng lynches that could change at any minute. Of course, giving a reason for the lynch is the best way to go, but I would be more suspicious of a badly explained, flawed one on day one than on an rng one just to "test the terrain".
author=LockeZ
And randomly fakeclaiming Frog without knowing it's safe seems pointlessly dangerous.

I guess it's possible that Frog is just a scum role; that honestly didn't occur to me until Fomar suggested it. That would be weird though. And in Jeroen's last two heavily themed games - Avalan mafia and Game of Thrones Mafia - all the scummy characters were scum. Well, everyone in Game of Thrones is kind of scummy, but all the scum characters in that game were members of Joffrey's court. So I think Frog is a legit town claim.

I don't know how many power roles we are likely to have but if you had to list the Chrono Trigger party in order that you would dish them out e.g.
Crono
Magus (possibly scum)
Marle
Lucca
Frog
Robo
Ayla

Frog would be a safer guess than Chrono or Magus (possibly scum) but you're right it's needlessly risky.

I'll take your word for it about Jeroen and those mafia games, I didn't play them. So I guess:

#Cancel Lynch

Sorry couldn't resist.
When canceling a vote please remember to place another. Preferably on AE.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I keep thinking you mean Alterego when you say AE. And for just a second every time, I'm like, "Oh, he hasn't posted at all, yeah, you should totally lynch him for inactivity."
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
A day action has been used!

Day 1 Lynch Votecount as of 2020-04-27, 02:30 CEST:

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK: 0 - demonlord5000
oddRABBIT: 2 - CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK, Fomar0153, demonlord5000, Muffle
LockeZ: 1 - Muffle, Lizardman_Princess
demonlord5000: 1 - psy_wombats, OldPat
psy_wombats: 0 - Cap_H
Cap_H: 2 - psy_wombats, LockeZ, oddRABBIT
Muffle: 0 - psy_wombats
AlaskanEmily: 1 - psy_wombats

Not voting: 4 - AlaskanEmily, Cap_H, demonlord5000, Fomar0153

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 1 Time Travel Votecount as of 2020-04-27, 02:30 CEST:

65000000 B.C.: 1 - Muffle
600 A.D: 4 - LockeZ, psy_wombats, oddRABBIT, demonlord5000
2300 A.D.: 4 - CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK, psy_wombats, Cap_H, Fomar0153, OldPat, LockeZ, oddRABBIT, demonlord5000

Not voting: 2 - AlaskanEmily, Lizardman_Princess

Day 1 will end 2020-04-27, 22:00 CEST, in about 19.5 hours, or when hammer is reached.