WHAT ARE SOME GREAT LONGER NEWER RPGMAKER GAMES?

Pages: first 12 next last
Was not sure where to post this so.....um I have Been looking for some good newer and longer RPGmaker games like Ace and up with maybe at least 10 hours of gameplay.
Dyluck
For thousands of years, I laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slumber?
Well for Ace and up, since there's no other replies I guess I'll just plug Legends Of Illarion 2, although it's not new.

There's also Umbral Soul, Blackmoon Prophecy 2, Quest Questers, but they're not new either.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I think the main reason why there's no replies is because there's so few RPG Maker games that exceed 5 hours, much less hit the 10-hour mark. To say nothing about how "new" they are. Though, I don't quite remember how long it took me to play, say, Luxaren Allure, but, it was up there. I dunno if I would call that "new" though, as it's about five years old.

The game with the longest play-time I've made that's still relatively new and might actually be good is probably Baclyae Revolution. It's about a year old, and I've managed to beat in in about three hours.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Yeah, I was trying to think of a response to this thread, but all of the really good games that are long that I could think of are on 2k3 and 2k and most of them are older.

Lavendersiren's Jello and the Valley of Duh is on 2k3, is actually kind of new, and I remember it took Libby awhile to get through it. Lavender said it was about 8 hours, but again, that's not on VX Ace or newer. I actually can't think of anything outside what's already been mentioned. The Final Fantasy fangame I occasionally work is on VX Ace and that is intended to be good and long, but that's only got a demo available for it at the moment, and it's not a main project so I only really work on it when I don't have anything better to do and I actually feel like working on it.
This months' Feature, Exile's Journey, was released in January of this year.
Theia: The Crimson Eclipse was completed in 2019 and touts 40+ hours of gameplay.

I can't think of too many others in recent memory. Long epics have definitely fallen out of style in favor of shorter games in the indie scene, both because shorter games tend to take less time to develop and because many players don't have the same kind of time to play long games anymore.
Marrend
Both of those suggestions were made in TsuK3. The OP mentions "Ace and up", so the engine might matter to some degree?
pianotm
Yeah, finding a long game VX Ace and up is a tall order.
Ah, I didn't notice the part about VX Ace and onward.
What about XP or regular VX? Legionwood and Bloodsphere are from that era.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Do you count grinding as part of the 10 hours :)
There's Flip Dimensions and also that game about a Time Mage with Karma (Can't remember the name). Homework Salesman is VX ACE, but not new
Are lengthy RM games really that rare of a thing? Well, then, while I've still got some cleanup to do, I'd like to mention that Draug's Resurrection's playtime, by my sluggish testing, is somewhere around 30 hours, and is more or less finished. While the underlying engine itself is, uh, old (2003), and not RPGMaker at all, the game itself is new.
pianotm
They're not rare on 2k and 2k3.
author=ryan7251
Was not sure where to post this so.....um I have Been looking for some good newer and longer RPGmaker games like Ace and up with maybe at least 10 hours of gameplay.

Probably more like 6-8 hours, but Turovero: The Celestial Tower is an EXCELLENT newer game made in VXAce.

It's also pretty replayable, with a divergence point at a certain area that changes a considerable amount of the plot.
author=studentonabreak

Looking for the longest rpgmaker games with gameplay duration of 10 + hours at least. I'm again having online tasks to write my essay projects because of the lockdown. So I thought I could spend a day or two just playing.

Here's my list of games that I played during the lockdown:

Hero's Realm
Castle Oblivion: Remake
Castle Oblivion 3
Luxaren Allure
Exit Fate
Star Stealing Prince
Romancing Walker
Last Scenario

Exit Fate and Last Scenario have more than 50 hours of gameplay.
pianotm
Now that it's released, I can finally bring up...
Weird and Unfortunate Things are Happening.
Maybe not 10 hours but it's gotta be close and it has huge replayability and it might be my favorite RPG Maker game. Play it.
Marrend
My experience with WaUTaH was divided by the the initial 60% demo that came out whenever-that-was-ago (which took me about 6 hours), and the tester's version of the full game (another 10-ish). Though, I may have had the game running while writing notes, so, my numbers might be inflated. I could see it hitting the ten-hour mark, though.

*Edit: Plus, it's a damn good game. Would also recommend.
Hero's Realm is 11 years old.
author=pianotm
Now that it's released, I can finally bring up...
Weird and Unfortunate Things are Happening.
Maybe not 10 hours but it's gotta be close and it has huge replayability and it might be my favorite RPG Maker game. Play it.

I played this and it was great also it is around 20 hours from what i played so it was nice and meaty
Pages: first 12 next last