SCREENSHOT SCHMEENSHOT

YDS
member of the bull moose party
Your games seemed interesting to say the least, but for some reason, your usage of face graphics always seemed kind of weird to me.
For better or worse, I always like to try something different. I don't want to use the standard anime-inspired facesets or any final fantasy ones. :P

Besides, I like my stuff to be distinctive. I want players to able to identify them without the knowledge of them belonging to me...if that makes any kind of at all... Kind of like, "yup, this is Yeaster's." Again, of course, for better or worse. ;)
Nice screens Yeaster. Unlike YDS i like your usage of face graphics.
Happy
Devil's in the details
I really don't want to post a video of every cool addition to Asc, and since it doesn't include any gameplay mechanics either, and whatnot.

But but, I just couldn't prevent myself showing off the intro sequence. :((

So yeah, this is how the game begins. After the rooftops you see some professor guy waking up in his room and then you gain control of the character, and you can head off to the city.

The elevator in the end is just a plus. Wanted to show the elevator, too... lol. :(

That is one of the best intros i've witnessed. Sound effects and music fit in perfectly as well. Good job.
Holy fucking shit, Rei!
@Rei-:
Looking great! Love the sound effects as well. Only thing I would've liked in addition was some perspective movement on the panorama, but if I remember correctly panos are static in 2k3 so there's not much can be done about that.

@Skie:
Seems to flow very well, and nice animations. I think the flashes get a bit too frequent/strong, though, and would probably become annoy in the long run. Lowering the opacity of the flashes should keep the effect and remove the defect.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Rei: WOW. That's quite good. I love when people put a great deal of carful craftsmanship into stuff. That scene would look 5 times better in VX, though.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Rei- that is absolutely amazing. Since playing The Puppet I know you're still working on finetuning your English (you got A LOT better, judging by Elegy's Eve). If you ever have any interest in my help with writing or simply localization, you have only to ask.
author=Feldschlacht IV link=topic=2555.msg53267#msg53267 date=1230789545
Holy fucking shit, Rei!
This... amazingly sleek visuals! The nicely consistent color palette definitely adds a lot to it, too.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Oh and Rei, are those PHANTOM 2040 rips I'm seeing in the foreground?
Happy
Devil's in the details
Thanks for the compliments peeps.

author=Max McGee link=topic=2555.msg53273#msg53273 date=1230791403
Rei- that is absolutely amazing. Since playing The Puppet I know you're still working on finetuning your English (you got A LOT better, judging by Elegy's Eve). If you ever have any interest in my help with writing or simply localization, you have only to ask.
Thanks Max, I appreciate your offer. The Puppet is 4 years old, and the writing in it is very "primitive" even technically, not to mention the grammar, plus it was never proofread by a native english speaker.

Elegy's Eve is one of my latest works, but it's presented in simple manner because of the time limit, though it was proofread by a friend of mine. What comes to Ascendence, I'm trying my best while writing it, and I re-write many parts several times, too.

I will need a proofreader and possibly some help with writing too, at some point. I've got already one person I can rely on, but I will definitely keep you in mind.

Edit: What comes to the rips: I can't remember all of them. I did some fetching for different textures and vehicles around. The buildings have been put together from various resources by me. The spaceships are some from FM, and some from other sources.
@Rei-: I don't come on often and after seeing that video you can bet I'll be waiting for Updates. Good Job Viral.

@Skie Fortress:
Looks good I mean the Battle Transition could use some work, but I mean that's a tiny aspect that most could care less about.
That looks really, really good Rei, but it's too long with nothing happening for it's own good. You kind of get the feel of what the visuals are after only a few seconds and don't really need to be staring at it with nothing happening.

But that'd be a perfect place to have a few credits fading in and out.
author=Skie Fortress link=topic=2555.msg53266#msg53266 date=1230789217
lolprogress
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXthhTELjIE
*slinks away again*

This doesn't look like 2K3! (and if it is kudos to making it look like it's not!)

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that that characters powers are ice based. :)
I like the blocks on the person's head over the multiple bars from SEB1, will be interesting to see how it plays out!
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Rei: Like Badluck said, I think it's a bit too long for nothing to be happening.

Skie: It was a bit too flashy for me. The battle transition is also too long.
@Skie- Looks great. Nice battle animations and music.
Rei, you have set the mood perfectly. That is a very nice looking introduction, but yes it is too long for nothing to be happening. I absolutely love the atmosphere of your game, though. I'm anticipating it more than almost any other game right now.

And Skie, the animations were really cool (tone it down a little bit with the flashes, that would hurt me in fullscreen), but I'm just hoping that isn't the default attack command because it's long. It probably isn't because it looks to be more powerful than the other attacks, but I am saying that just in case it isn't. Cool stuff though, I hope you take things one step further when customizing skills and not just have chained attacks. :)