WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Never have I seen such an awesome piece of 8/16-bit heaven as that! I mean, I'm not an 80's kid, but damn, friggin' Megaman, Link, Samus, Simon Belmont, AND Blaster Master(One of my all-time favorite NES games btw, other than Mario and Megaman)!? Not to mention a whole monkey's ark of other random characters like the Dragon Quest hero, FFMQ Benjamin, Pit, Shadow from FFVI, and...an old man? Lol, who the fuck cares, they're all in a Mario game! This is like playing Super Smash Bros., but with classic Super Mario gameplay~ :D

Now, this game can either be incredibly easy depending on who you play as like Blaster Master(I know he has a name; Sophia, but I just call him Blaster Master...because he blasts the shit out of everything in his pink badass tank like a master boss~ ...Although, why is his name Sophia? I thought he was a girl for so long like Samus, but no, he's not.)

Even if it can be easy, it can also be like a sadistic piece of a golden shit covered nightmare that's been barfed on by the possessed girl from The Exorcist, lit on fire and then kicked into a fan by Mechagodzilla or something! I mean jesus you have the option to start with one life, instant death on enemy contact, have your attacks do next to jack shit, have your enemies be more powerful than the damn Grim Reaper as well as faster than Speedy Gonzales, severely decrease the item drop rate, have piranha plants appear at "every" pipe, and replace every goomba with either spiked ones or flying beetles!

Not to mention that there's a difficulty setting...as well as, oh my fucking god, a choice to select both an invisible map "AND" invisible enemies! ...WHY!?

Still, any game that you can play as 8-bit Megaman, is freaking awesome, so yeah SMB Crossover's pretty decent considering you can run through classic Mario as the Blue Bomber or the Golden Bombshell(odd how she's also blonde?) is pretty damn cool, even if it can be relentlessly difficult. Where's Ghosts and Goblins Arthur btw? D;
Cave Story + is le game that I am playing. Not extreme sessions or anything, but I'm certainly playing it.
As soon as my food gets done, I'm going to pick up my preordered tales of xillia (collectors edition) and start playing that.
MadWorld.

Still a brutally violent classic.
author=demonlord5000
As soon as my food gets done, I'm going to pick up my preordered tales of xillia (collectors edition) and start playing that.

Damn you, DAMN YOU! My copy will be arriving on the 9th at the earliest, though more probably after the weekend.

Well at least it gives me time to finish Mass Effect 1, and perhaps get through hell in Diablo 2 on my bone spear/bone wall/corpse explosion necromancer. Corpse explosion is so fun, and overpowered as hell itself.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Just finished Uncharted 3 Drakes Deception, great game liked it a lot more then Uncharted 2. Now I'm just waiting to play Grand Theft Auto V which just looks absolutely amazing!
Skyrim? :O Since February 2012. Help me!
Im reich des himmeldrachen and alter aila genesis
Replaying Dark Cloud, how'd I go a day without playing this masterpiece~?

Unfortunately, my copy is a little messed up so it's taking a while to load everything.
Took a few days off from Fire Red, but sped through it pretty quickly and reached the Elite Four(somehow I always end up underpowered by the time I reach here~) with Aerodactyl, Vaporeon, Persian, Arcanine, Arbok, and Venusaur.

The first two are somewhat easy, but Ghost types I'm not really good against, so Agatha keeps kicking my ass~ xD (I'll get her, I'll get her.. :3)
Chrono Trigger.

Again (I've played it maybe 5-6 times). Still a total classic.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I've been chugging away at post-game content with Valkyria Chronicles 2 on PSP. My most recent achievement was unlocking Juliana Everheart. There isn't that much content left to give her a proper showing in Class G, but she'll have her chance to shine.

I've been playing Dynsaty Warriors Volume 2 on PSP as well. I've been cycling the various kingdom-based characters in the order of Wei-Wu-Shu. My latest Wei character (Zhen Ji) saw me unlock Cao Cao. The rest of this cycle has me playing the other leader characters (Sun Quan Jian and Liu Bei respectively).
Played around 7 hours of Tales of Xillia today after I picked it up at the post office. Enjoyed myself quite a bit, the loading times are almost non-existant and the Lilium Orb is a nice way to level up compared to previous games. Too bad there is no Japanese audio, but I must say that the english dub is quite well done as far as english dubs go in these games. Still would prefer the original voices though.

Mass Effect 1 on the PS3 was completed just yesterday, felt awesome. I just hope that in the second game the framerate won't be so terrible. Not that I am going to play it anytime soon, with Xillia and my current obsession with Miyazaki movies (gotta watch them all!... at least the most famous ones).

EDIT: Xilia is so much more fun than Graces F, probably because of the better characters and story. What I don't like about it is that now I decided to buy an Xbox 360(was cheaper than my 3DS, so why the hell not) so I can play Vesperia (and some other games, Witcher 2 and Fable 2, and even FF XIII-2, since it was dirt cheap). I will never be bored for at least a year!

Yes, I have a slight "buy more games than you can play" problem, but lately I have been pretty good at finishing what I start, and it's not like any of those games will go unplayed. I will play them ALL!.... eventually.

Ah, to be young again and have all that time to play the games. Now I make enough money to afford all this crazy gaming, but not as much time as I would like to play through the games quicker.
Replaying The Way.

I'm going to actually legit play the plunge system (lol).
Just finished Pokemon White, so I now moved onto White 2. You know, something's always bothered me since after Ruby and Sapphire that introduced the running shoes...is that why did they continue to do that? It's just weird how we're at the end of Gen 5 and still we don't start with the ability to run?

Oh, another thing that struck me as odd that the games continue to do is the national pokedex..I mean, why don't pokemon from other gens appear in the wild until after you beat the Elite Four? (Thankfully BW2 got rid of that problem...sort of, with allowing other gen pokemon to be caught before the national dex.)

Minor annoyances, but those two things have both been present since gen 3..yeah...anyway, I'm enjoying White 2 so far, I mean a Riolu like right off the bat? <3
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=Darken
Replaying The Way.

I'm going to actually legit play the plunge system (lol).
hahaha. glhf.

@Sana: Logic and Pokemon don't mix very well, as evidenced by the fact that Pokemon can surf on dry land amidst other things..

I'm still trying to decide with game I'm going to properly play next..right now I'm just playing Tekken: Dark Resurrection from time to time. God-damn, Lili's just adorable. Video game crush #112
I've been playing Battlefield 3 and since I wanted to get some early impressions of my chest where I was sure no one would be reading them this thread would be perfect!

So after a lot of swearing I finally got the game downloaded after purchasing it off the humble origin bundle. The first day was unpleasant. First some testing online play in a random server which had some incredibly stupid rules present which made the game a massive stalemate with no real chance of pushing forward on either side.

Then I tried out the campaign and was frustrated as hell in my first real encounter with Insanely Railroady Modern Military Shooter. It was worse than the Final Fantasies. I seemed to die a lot for no other apparent reason than that I did something I thought was tactically sound rather than exactly what the game wanted me to do.

But I persisted and tried multiplayer again. First I accidentally got into a Team Deathmatch server which was essentially a piece of complete unorganized garbage. But then finally I found a decent server with the old classic Battlefield mode and then I finally saw the beauty and wonder that the game is.

All those lovely destructible environments. The excitement of hiding in bushes as helicopters and jets fight each other in the skies. The shouting of enemy locations and furoiusly defending control points. I found bliss when I sat in a building with my sniper rifle while my squadmate ran into another building, pointing out enemy soldiers who approached and trying to hit them whenever possible. It was a real experience and it felt like I was contributing even though I was only pointing out enemy locations and missing my shots a lot.

So from an incredibly negative first impression my impressions are now a lot more positive. And I've made sure to favourite all the servers that seem to not have really strange rules.

Of course all that is missing is playing this game with friends. Since pubbing it up I guess is not exactly ideal. But it still seems to work decently.
Aurora 4X

I can figure this out!!! No seriously not gonna ragequit.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Sana
Just finished Pokemon White, so I now moved onto White 2. You know, something's always bothered me since after Ruby and Sapphire that introduced the running shoes...is that why did they continue to do that? It's just weird how we're at the end of Gen 5 and still we don't start with the ability to run?

Running in tall grass increases your chances of an encounter. Sometimes you just need to take it slow. :P
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
author=Sana

X/Y makes run the default; B makes you walk.

author=Sana
Oh, another thing that struck me as odd that the games continue to do is the national pokedex..I mean, why don't pokemon from other gens appear in the wild until after you beat the Elite Four? (Thankfully BW2 got rid of that problem...sort of, with allowing other gen pokemon to be caught before the national dex.)

...BW is basically the only game that doesn't do this. It's odd.