WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=Red_Nova
With Persona 4 Arena Ultimax coming out later this year
Oh gosh, I am pretty psyched for this. But knowing our luck here in Europe, I probably won't be able to play it until summer next year :(

I'm replaying The World Ends With You for the hell of it. It's a bit weird to revisit a save file from about six years ago and to see all the items and crap lying around wondering what you actually got up to last.
Still trying to muscle my way through Shin Megami Tensei 4, god damn that game kicks me in the arse. Same with Digital Devil Saga. X_X;
Oh? What are you heaving difficulties with? You need to stay vigilant during normal battles, but generally SMT IV has relatively easy boss fights.
SMT4 was so good. Best game I played last year.
Shadow Warrior (The new one) is pretty baller. It's nice to play an FPS game that's so arcade-y and centered around being as entertaining as possible. Especially since I just came off of DOOM 3.

Ironically, Shadow Warrior feels more like a sequel to DOOM than DOOM 3 did.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
I love SMT IV. Problem is, I think I got stuck in a side quest limbo:

*MINOR SPOILERS FOR SMT IV AHEAD:*

I got locked into the Neutral Route. Now I have to do every sidequest I can to get myself to #1 in the Hunter Tournament. The problem is, I've done all the sidequests that I can accept, and I'm only at #2. All I have left to do are delivery quests, and I have no idea where to go to get the items. I've been to every Hunter's Association, but no new quests are available for me to do.

Other than that, though, I am in love with this game.

Oh yeah, I'm also going through Bravely Default. Also a wonderful game.
Let's see where am I... *checks 3ds* Ohh yes, I am mostly doing some sidequests here and there, but I'm trying to find the place where I meet the Ring of Gaea and deal with Xi Wangmu, I remember running into place accidentally a few times before but now I can't remember for the god damn life of me. X_X;;;
I recently got New Super Mario Bros. Wii (yes, recently), and I have to ask anyone who's played the later sequels to this: Do they change the controls? Its like they were trying to parody Mario 1's inertia with these freight-train physics (but Super Mario World level design, whu??).

Also got AsteBreed last month. If you like Starfox, Panzer Dragoon, or Sin & Punishment, get this game! Its not very hard, but you just haven't played video games until you lock on to a space battleship and its fifty missiles and press the "Super Animu Attack" button and dash along and destroy all of them with a bunch of x16s flashing all over your screen. Good stuff!

Also, with all this talk about SMT: I've noticed that a bunch of these are available on PSN lately (mostly PS2 ones). I've heard a lot about the series and I'm interested in trying one, so I figured I'd ask if any of them are particularly good or bad to start on. Also, these are all in English, right? PSN's weird and doesn't tell you these things.
Yeah, it has SMT Nocturne, Devil Summoner and Digital Devil Sagas 1 and 2. And they are in English.
Some of the best entries in the series, certainly a good idea. Devil Summoner is a thing on its own and very unpolished. It has a unique charm I can't quite put my finger on .. but I wouldn't start with that one.

I'd recommend SMT Nocturne if you'd prefer to recruit and fuse demons as part of your party and DDS (those two form one game) if you would prefer a set party of characters (they are free to build skill-wise, though) - its story is based more around characters as well as in Nocturne.

I like the pacing of DDS more (among a few other things), but both are truly outstanding games. DDS might be a little bit more desolate

And yep, all in English. SMT Nocturne is actually the only SMT game that got more translations than English in the Europian version (even German - which sucked), but no idea whether they included that in the psn version.
Devil Summoner Raidou 2 was just released on PSN. It fixes a lot of the problems that plagued Devil Summoner R1. The encounter rate is still a bit high, but it's an immensely enjoyable experience and you don't need to play the first game to understand the plot.

author=Red_Nova
I love SMT IV. Problem is, I think I got stuck in a side quest limbo:

*MINOR SPOILERS FOR SMT IV AHEAD:*

I got locked into the Neutral Route. Now I have to do every sidequest I can to get myself to #1 in the Hunter Tournament. The problem is, I've done all the sidequests that I can accept, and I'm only at #2. All I have left to do are delivery quests, and I have no idea where to go to get the items. I've been to every Hunter's Association, but no new quests are available for me to do.

Here's a list of the quests you need to complete to reach #1.
i never cared for DDS games. They felt too stripped to me. I'd recommend SMT Nocturne.

I finally got Siren Blood Curse from PSN (i think it's a remake of the firsr Forbidden Siren) It's been fun so far, although not as scary as I hoped. Maybe people hyped it's scare-factor too much or something.. At first I was really scared of those monsters finding me and tried my best not to get caught, but when I realized I could beat pretty much all lone enemies easily, that broke some of the immersion.

still, it's got it's moments. Escape from that hospital was intense, as well as that little cabin full of monsters.
Playing Final Fantasy Type-0 with the finished fan translation. Now this is a FF game I can get into, awesome action-rpg gameplay, darker tone, lots of characters and abilities... and dat soundtrack, oh boy. The game is supposed to come to PS4/Xbone in HD some time in the future, but I am not planning to get either anytime soon, so PSP it is.

I couldn't get into FF 13/13-2/Crisis Core because it felt like I had barely any control over my character, but in Type-0 the combat feels great.

Weird how originally a mobile game is (imho) many times better than those others. Still waiting for XV to see what it is like, since it is also supposed to be more action-oriented.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Nothing at the moment, it was Watchdogs, the silly unskippable credits
I don't get why people consider Morrowind "the best Elder Scrolls game". Oh boy! The combat feels like breaking my arms with a sledgehammer! I love missing every attack I make and using cumbersome controls!

Seriously, I've tried to play it like five times now, I get farther every time but I always get so fucking fed up with it before I get anywhere in the game.

EDIT: I'm not saying "It's bad because it's hard", I'm moreso saying that I don't feel as though I could improve, because all the issues I have with combat seem like they're out of my control.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Transistor! The graphics are pretty but a bit odd compared to Bastion's... but the battles are a blast, and the music is cool!
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
author=Pizza
I don't get why people consider Morrowind "the best Elder Scrolls game". Oh boy! The combat feels like breaking my arms with a sledgehammer! I love missing every attack I make and using cumbersome controls!

Seriously, I've tried to play it like five times now, I get farther every time but I always get so fucking fed up with it before I get anywhere in the game.

EDIT: I'm not saying "It's bad because it's hard", I'm moreso saying that I don't feel as though I could improve, because all the issues I have with combat seem like they're out of my control.

I tried playing Skyrim because I heard the combat was the best in the series... If this is true, I fear for anyone wanting to play Morrorwind. Ugh. The combat in Skyrim just felt so... artificial. Maybe I have bad depth perception, even in Third person view, but... I just couldn't get through it. I had the same problem as you.

Maybe it's because I just finished Dark Souls a few weeks before I bought Skyrim, and it was the most satisfying combat I've played in a long time.
You are not alone. The games are not that good. They are popular, yes. They do have nice ideas, sure. You can waste TONS of time, yes indeed.
But that does not ensure game quality. It is long and has lots to do. That is it. Same with Oblivion. Gets too easy too fast, but you end up exploring and collecting in a copy and paste world, because .. well, because you can.

I won't say it's a bad game, although I personally am no Bethesda fan, but it's not great, either.
Oh, Oblivion and Skyrim are perfectly great games, Oblivion being reasonably high in my list of favourites. The worldbuilding involved in TES is pretty much second to none in the realm of RPGs, and after getting into the backstory and the lore I found myself undeniably hooked.

I will agree that the combat has never been that good (the difference in OB/SK being that it doesn't get in the way), and Bethesda doesn't really know how to handle difficulty curves, but the games are simply entertaining to play, and it's fun to get lost in the world and story, which is why I keep coming back to them.

I don't know, if I can't get into Morrowind, Arena or Daggerfall then I'm just not gonna bother with it. I recently bought Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 + 2 on Steam so I have much more to be concerned with at the moment.
I'm playing Tomodachi Life for the 3DS, where Miis can interact with each other on a small island.