WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

author=Pizza
Just finished off Legend of Dragoon for the first time.

It was a great game. The last battle is one of the longests I've seen (it didn't help I lost the first time and did to re-battle the whole thing).

What I'm playing on my PS3:
-Dark Souls II
-MLB 2015

And on Android:
-Neko Atsume (yes, just judge me)
Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, I was getting pretty worried once I started running down on items/health/magic by the fourth form of the final boss (fifth, if you count Zieg as part of it).

I think they honestly could have cut out one of the forms, to make it a bit more manageable time wise. But maybe it wouldn't be challenging enough at that point.

Anyways, I bought and started playing Parasite Eve on PSN last night, since I'm way past overdue on checking it out. Only did the first day, but it's seeming like a pretty fun game thus far. You can really tell that it shared a lot of development history with FF7.

Gonna start playing The Last Remnant soon too, once I have time.
I'm currently playing Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken because one of my friends likes it so much... It's pretty fun so far, I'm only on chapter 5.
I've yet to play a fire emblem game are they any good?

I'm playing through Vagrant Story when I should be working on my game.
author=Pizza
Anyways, I bought and started playing Parasite Eve on PSN last night, since I'm way past overdue on checking it out. Only did the first day, but it's seeming like a pretty fun game thus far. You can really tell that it shared a lot of development history with FF7.

I was just thinking of Parasite Eve today. I appreciated the more 'grounded' take on the genre and the more or less accurate depiction of New York City that Parasite Eve have. It's sequels never really captured the same feeling.
author=GreatRedSpirit
<gif>

e: it's Undertale

Pet it more
I felt that the problem was an insufficient number of pets and totally did, then I threw a stick for him to fetch

Remember:
- Aware of dog

- Please pet dog
70 hours into Pillars of Eternity... I never played Baldurs Gate, so I can't compare them....
PoE is a great masterpiece! It's fun to read, it's fun to explore, the characters are unique and also the graphics are awesome. I love those particle effects <3
Good thing that there is an expansion xD

I think when I finished the game, I play BG2. Started it some years ago, but haven't played very long. (And need something to do till the next Witcher Addon comes out xD)
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
For a gameplay appreciation assignment, I had to play Might and Magic VI: Mandate of Heaven, for about 3 hours.

I would rather stick my head in a dishwasher than ever have to touch that game again.
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. A pretty nondescript game, it turned out to be much prettier and fun than I thought it would be.
Finally cleared the Endgame stage of Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest. It's by far the most brutal mission on Lunatic mode, and I don't even want to think about it on Lunatic+. It has infinite respawns that apply a stacking debuff, so you really need to find the right balance of offense and defense in order to reach the boss without getting picked off by his army and still minimizing the amount of debuffs you take so you can actually deal damage to the boss.
Currently hopping back and forth between Eiyuu Senki (A game with progression and end in sight) and Stardew Valley (farm all the things).

It never helps that my ratio of finished to new games is always in the major negatives. I'm already -30 for this year >.>
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I have recently been playing Fallout: New Vegas after being so sorely disappointed with Fallout 4 overall. rant here, but I especially hated that I couldn't play an offline game when my internet was shitty out in a storm. I sold my Xbox One for near what I bought it for and still have Fallout 4 from the bundle. So, didn't lose but like 10$ or something and considering I played FO4 for a few months not so bad.
Going back to NV was a breath of fresh air for what I enjoyed about the series. Karma, Factions, hunger/thirst system and being pretty difficult on Hardcore and Very Hard. Plus you always find/see something different every playthrough with those games even if you played them a million times, even a small thing is like "that's pretty cool"

Besides that, nada.
(Well, I do play more Co-op games with friends and my brother while drinking but nothing we haven't fucked around with already)
author=suzy_cheesedreams
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. A pretty nondescript game, it turned out to be much prettier and fun than I thought it would be.

YUP! Bit of a hidden gem, that one.
@GRS: It's "pleas pet dog" not "please pet dog".

@Rine: If a game is crap, I don't mind not beating it.

I also got myself Stardew Valley a few days ago. The best part of the game is removing trees faster than australian forest fires.
@LL2: Any games that are abjectly terrible go into my null pile. I still feel as a designer you can learn from bad games, but they don't go into my 'need to finish' pile at all. It really doesn't help that I will play practically anything, and enjoy quite a broad variety, even in quality. I've found some good fun in some pretty mediocre games.

...which makes me feel bad that most of my reviews on here are rating them as utter bombs.

Edited Side Note: Eiyuu Senki is subtitled "World Conquest!", could just as easily be subtitled as "Famous people as women without pants, the game"
I finished KOTOR on my android the other day (still a great game), and also the wife and I finished the Reaper of Souls expansion for Diablo III on Hard last night. D3 is much better now than when I played it back 1.5 years ago, but it's still a bit frustrating with skill selection - "This rune increases damage" BUT HOW MUCH DAMAGE? HOW MUCH DOES THE SKILL NORMALLY DO? WHAT IS THE DAMAGE RADIUS? WHY IS IT SO HARD TO COMPARE? and then equipment will have specific mods like "+11% damage for Frenzy". Like, is that good? 11% more of what, exactly? Yet the game goes into great detail on the myriad of stats that get crunched in the background, but inexplicably the important ones regarding skill and equipment selection decisions are vague and opaque.

At least the game is dropping good equipment now.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
So I had to write a 400 word essay for the assignment I mentioned earlier detailing how Might and Magic VI is considered a classic game and list all the things it did right.

Here's an excerpt from the 950 word essay I wrote instead:

What I found most unforgivable, however, was the sheer unfairness to battles. When I say "unfair," I don't mean how it's possible to walk into a nest of monsters that can tear you apart in one hit, because that's fine. I say the game is unfair because the enemies are not bound by the same rules as the player. Every enemy can attack without restriction, while the player is forced to cycle through party members in sequence. Considering how you can't do anything to protect a more vulnerable party member, it's down to pure luck who gets hit and who doesn't. This means that, through no fault of your own, your vulnerable Sorcerer can get wrecked in two seconds flat by a horde of bats as you're desperately trying to cycle through your actions to your Cleric to cast a healing spell. Imagine if you're playing Magic the Gathering and the opponent just slaps the cards from your hand and takes action even though it's your turn, or playing Halo multiplayer where your opponents have Bottomless Clip enabled, meaning they don't ever have to reload and don't even run out of ammo.

I wonder if I'm gonna fail this assignment?
author=suzy_cheesedreams

author=Liberty
YUP! Bit of a hidden gem, that one.
Absolutely!
I enjoyed the game since it was released... but never played through completely.
It's like an offline MMO, but with a fun Battle system and stuff to explore and a story :D