WE DID IT FIRST SCREENSHOT THREAD

author=eNSO link=topic=5.msg1267#msg1267 date=1183117923
Damn, SD, that really looks badass. I wish I knew how to do something similar in my own game...

Oh, and here's my item menu:
http://www.ipix.lt/out.php/i41579_menu.png

If that's as good as The Burning Grail you're gonna become one of my fave RPG Makers, amigo. Can I just say props to WIP and the staff here for making a very neat site indeed. This place has a good outlook too.

I'll fill you all in on Kryberia soon-ish.
author=WIP link=topic=5.msg1269#msg1269 date=1183129634
SD: What bug was it? The subtract blend crap?

Yeah. Technically not strictly necessary, but I wanted multiple light sources.
author=eNSO link=topic=5.msg1267#msg1267 date=1183117923
Damn, SD, that really looks badass. I wish I knew how to do something similar in my own game...

Oh, and here's my item menu:

Oh jesus I love these games like Dino Crisis and RE. Though I'm more into the adventure part of it rather then shooting dinosaurs/zombies.
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI1KIzX8250

INTERESTINS

author=Malad link=topic=5.msg1162#msg1162 date=1182911820
EDIT: Awesome site, btw! I'll start posting on here, too, rather than just Township.

you haven't posted there in a month!

author=AznChipmunk link=topic=5.msg1352#msg1352 date=1183261114
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI1KIzX8250

INTERESTINS

author=Malad link=topic=5.msg1162#msg1162 date=1182911820
EDIT: Awesome site, btw! I'll start posting on here, too, rather than just Township.

you haven't posted there in a month!

Yeah, been busy (GO FIGURE LOL)

Very cool vids Azn. I understand that it's a very early concept of what you have planned, and what you have now is a great start. But... imo your first priority should be adding more depth to the enemy.

@enso... SWEEEET! I'm diggin' that item menu you've got so far. Keep it up.

Mutants in the heart of a magmatic experimentation facility within the depths of the volcano, Mt Vicarious.

You get the picture.
WHAPAH! First public screenshots of Ara Fell XP.

BL: That logo just made my wet my pants. Flippin' awesome. The field screenshot... Something seems a bit lacking. I'm not sure what. Maybe I'm just used to the over-the-top mapping in AF2k3.

Eddie: The pano there looks kinda funky. Might be the fact that it looks semi-photographic, whereas everything in front of it is pixel. It might also be me sitting on the floor, but it looks kinda too dark as well.

Azn: That's... an old vid. I remember seeing that a week or so ago on GW. <.<
BL: Holy jesus on kraft dinner mountain, nuff said :o

Eddie: Took me 2 minutes to see what was actually going on there. Might wanna make it abit more clear.
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
Lacking, Trace? I would rather have it this way, I think it looks great, actually. My only complaint is the RMXP waterfall (Or at least it looks like an RMXP RTP Waterfall).
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry

First in-game version of IGL's default menu. Took me about 10 minutes to make, not counting some other internal code changes I made.
WIP, what is IGL? And, is that menu supposed to mimic the look of the rmxp default system set, because it looks extremely similar.
IGL is Ika Game Library.

He's making a code package for Ika that mimicks the default code in RPG Maker XP.

@WIP: It's nice, but I hate that the selector is about 1px too tall.
author=prexus link=topic=5.msg1481#msg1481 date=1183539770
IGL is Ika Game Library.

He's making a code package for Ika that mimicks the default code in RPG Maker XP.

If he were to finish this, would the engine be much more effiecent then RMXP's?
It'd probably be more efficient, but you'd still need to learn a lot of programming to be able to use it, since as far as I know, there won't be any "events".
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
author=prexus link=topic=5.msg1481#msg1481 date=1183539770
IGL is Ika Game Library.

Yeah the thing with it, is that it's based on font height and then customizable padding. I'll probably put another value in for people to enter the height of letter tails so it'll look better.

author=BadLuck link=topic=5.msg1500#msg1500 date=1183593467
It'd probably be more efficient, but you'd still need to learn a lot of programming to be able to use it, since as far as I know, there won't be any "events".
There will most likely be events. But, you'll still need to know some programming anyways.
author=Chartley link=topic=5.msg1477#msg1477 date=1183520025
WIP, what is IGL? And, is that menu supposed to mimic the look of the rmxp default system set, because it looks extremely similar.
It's copied from RMXP, yes.

IGL is a codebase to give people some starting point for ika RPGs. It's modelled after some of RMXP's codebase, with some ika specifics and some more efficient stuff in it.

OR
Is it better without the shadows?

Ocean
Resident foodmonster
Either one is fine. Use the shadow one if you want.
WIP
Agreed with Ocean.
Shadows are nice, but you'd have to put shadows everywhere else right? And that takes effort, no one likes effort!