PIXELS

Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
It's called 'MS Paint'. Or, if you want to get technical, GraphicsGale, Gimp, Paint.net, Photoshop (wouldn't recommend it) and a various array of programs.

As for how I suggest you google and look for tutorials and examples. www.spriters-resource.com is a particularly useful one.

for a boss fight in Cosplay Crisis
Ugh it is very very messy, its not bad only really messy. You must understand that golden rule of pixelart is less is more, because you cant add so much details on such small scale, its possible, but it will look really messy wich reduces quality of piece drastically + clean lines are really important, because again it will look messy. Remember less is more.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Wouldn't do it if I'd designed the character. Plus right now I don't really care- I want Cosplay Crisis out of the way, three months ago. Probably shouldn't have posted it, but I have to back up my posts with something.

+ Messy is my style. Find a piece of mine that isn't somewhat messy in some way and I'll have a field day. If you look at Kumo/Cloud his lines are pretty neat, but I've begun to prefer a little less cleanliness.

EDIT: Argh I just used my most hated excuse. scuse me while I go kill myself. I'll look into the 'messiness', ok? I just kind of prefer it that way.
Messy isnt style, I done messy stuff too, until I understood that pixelart is really hard on details,because you have to think and experiment on adding any detail. Adding less details not only makes working on a piece much faster, but it makes it easier to look at. Clean lines arent that hard to accomplish nor lengthy, you just need to have some experience and know how to. Here is some totally basic pixel art principles tutorial.
http://lollige.deviantart.com/art/Pixelart-Noobtorials-73577025
I understand you want them done asap, but I know that making messy sprites takes alot of time, when I started doing really easy shaped, not so many details and clean...it went alot faster, as I said they are not bad, they are pretty good, only messy.
Those are very good sprites, Kyrsty, taking into consideration how fast you make them is no wonder they're a bit 'messy', but the fact that the character, the pose and all other details are easily distinguishable is really something.
I think if you make the belt move a little less in the frontview it will look a little bit better. Unless he's holding onto it, it looks like he is turning his entire body but keeping his head forwards (read: cowboy swagger)
author=prexus
I think if you make the belt move a little less in the frontview it will look a little bit better. Unless he's holding onto it, it looks like he is turning his entire body but keeping his head forwards (read: cowboy swagger)

I forgot to show the edited version ;^;
But thank you for the feedback ;v; )/
Wow ness, I <3 the colors so much. *u*

For a Tactics game I (might) do for Valedictory Game Drive. =_='
It's a he <3 lol

(And yeeeshhhh, I'l use VX. Just this once, tough. u_ú" *attempts to stay put*)
me practicing grass/leaves

and a wood tile I made

basically all I've done :P
author=JosephSeraph

you are all about the ~*style*~ arent you

id love to c it animated here have some success points sprinkle sprinkle
DE
*click to edit*
I've just uploaded some RM portraits to PixelJoint (although they are 1,5 year old). I hope they allow hotlinking and you'll be able to see them below. They like being zoomed in, BTW ;)

author=DE
I've just uploaded some RM portraits to PixelJoint (although they are 1,5 year old). I hope they allow hotlinking and you'll be able to see them below. They like being zoomed in, BTW ;)

Great work,mainly the colours, they give it great atmosphere.
Creation
An avid lover of Heartache 101
-___-' Gah, how do you pull things like that! Looks really great, especially the woman with the veil.

Out of curiosity, would anyone be interested into directing a workshop? People would sign up and do assignements. Would anyone be willing to volunteer do to that?

If I could eat someone's heart to gain their talent, I would mutilate DE.
author=Nightblade

Somebody like Stephen Hawking for me. Art is neat and entertaining, but pixels won't actually accomplish anything meaningful.
DE
*click to edit*
Making pixel graphics for games is meaningful enough for me :)
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
Pixels are the only things I care about when it comes to rpg maker.

Aha DE you have returned. I challenge you to a pixel off!
author=Jude
author=Nightblade
Somebody like Stephen Hawking for me. Art is neat and entertaining, but pixels won't actually accomplish anything meaningful.

True but an artist is always 10 times as more admirable than a scientist for me.

I really admire pixel artists. I'm also recently obsessed about pixeling since I peeped at kaduki's sprite tutorial! All I need is practice however I could sacrifice half my life span for the eyes of a pixler shinigami without even a second thought and my soul for Kaduki's mad skills lol!
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank

Some pixel art faces from my current project.