WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Working on flavor text today, also been gradually improving the trailer I'm slaving over for the games full release whenever that happens!

Also updated my blog. But all of this pales in comparison to this animation I finally finished after not touching it for months.

It was a result of withdrawals from making cool planetary cutscenes, this shows the magenta sector of my theoretical universe. It was started in either February or April.

I say "Our" to represent the collective.
@BM
If that is supposed to be a trailer for a game, it's not doing a very good job of telling potential players what the game is going to be like, because I didn't really learn anything except the names of a couple of planets. You could shorten that trailer down to 20 seconds and add something that actually tells me some information or something happening or whatever.
BizarreMonkey
author=SnowOwl
@BM
If that is supposed to be a trailer for a game, it's not doing a very good job of telling potential players what the game is going to be like, because I didn't really learn anything except the names of a couple of planets.
I said cutscene??

Jeez snowOwl!

Edit: Actually I could see how that might be misinterpreted. But yeah, the trailer I was speaking of in the first line is below, the above is an animated cutscene.

author=SnowOwl
You could shorten that trailer down to 20 seconds and add something that actually tells me some information or something happening or whatever.
It's not a trailer, though!

I know I'm infamous for those or something but in reality I can only post a trailer once I have a game near ready for release. :O

I'd never make a trailer so barren of information. This is a trailer I'm working on (and is nowhere near complete)!

And is way too long and blaaarrr :( (You can stop watching at 3:04 i've yet to fill in any of that, unless you like the music.)

It's more like a character roll, really.
My motivation for my game is lagging a bit, so while I was browsing Derek Yu's site I cam across a link for Boss Fight Books ( he's writing a book for them about the development of Spelunky ) and bought the e-book of Chrono Trigger yesterday. This despite never playing the game before, it is turning out to be quite an interesting read and has sort of willed me to work on my own project again.

That being: Dialogue and scene writing and trying to flesh out the game's world. But I am touching up some of the pixel art as well for Tristian and trying to think of some new skillsets that is somehow still rooted in the game's world ( aka gameplay meets story ).
...The same as last time, about 2 weeks ago. Dialogue. I have someone who's currently doing a completely optional area in my game, or rather, the inside of an optional area that exists but you can't enter right now. At least something's getting done mapping wise in that regards.

I feel that I can just do the rest of the game's dialogue at this pace. While I'm nearly 3/4 done with beta5's dialogue (on event #18/23, and on the final event of that at that), about 75% of beta6 should be super easy to do as there's not much for the parts where you have to re-recruit characters. And the other 25% of beta5 combined with the 4 dungeons of beta7 are the only really long parts left of the game. Even then, some areas will still be super easy dialogue-wise, so I'm really cleaning up house with that! So for now, going to work solely on that before anything else, as per before. Do you guys think this is a sound way of handling developing the game? Originally, I would map the dungeon out entirely, then do the eventing/dialogue, then the monsters/treasures/etc., and then test the map with my current save file (of which I still have none of). @_@;

(Also, I have a new blog up for those who don't know since I can never tell where blogs will show up for Progress Reports! Still looking for more mappers too : <)
BizarreMonkey
I've done a whole heap of jack nothing...

Oh wait, not entirely true! I commissioned Kate Holden (The voice of Tac) to try Esperia's VA. Just for cutscenes and the like.

Also I'm getting better at 3D, made a shield and radical snowman in class today.
If I'm lucky the project I'm working on will be a commercial game, it will be a very small release but hopefully I willl be able to show in a small local convention, the downside is that it will be zombie game, but hey, its a start!
BizarreMonkey
Does... watching all of Rick & Morty season one count as work?

Rhetorical question, ofcourse it doesn't, but my god was it worth it.

Five day long weekend for me, no school on Wednesday, so I should be able to get something done.
Yesterday I finally finished and uploaded my IGMC project.
It's the first game I ever finished, so I'm a bit proud at the moment :D
Oh, really? Congrats, Lucy_Fox!

Now you have to finish a second game to prove that it wasn’t a fluke. :P
I just finished a system that allows you to stop attacks. I've had it for awhile, it's based on Millenim's Phys/Myst Shield system, but I adapted it for use, and now it does alot of different stuff and displays messages over characters heads (either "Miss" for ground attacks on aerial enemies (I probably want something else but this works), "Physical Block" for stuff like ghosts, "Magical Block" for stuff that stops magic like carbuncles and such, and finally I have "Elemental Block" for monsters made of water or something).

I'm also working on chapter 3 of Tales From The Reaper.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
I improved the final map(which is also the ending image)from Mansion Pickrow, and I haz improved it lotz :3

Old:

New:
BizarreMonkey
http://www.mediafire.com/view/7l3ydco3ca1qdey/Release.rtf
Working on a new game idea. That's the story draft.
author=bulmabriefs144
I just finished a system that allows you to stop attacks. I've had it for awhile, it's based on Millenim's Phys/Myst Shield system, but I adapted it for use, and now it does alot of different stuff and displays messages over characters heads (either "Miss" for ground attacks on aerial enemies (I probably want something else but this works), "Physical Block" for stuff like ghosts, "Magical Block" for stuff that stops magic like carbuncles and such, and finally I have "Elemental Block" for monsters made of water or something).

I'm also working on chapter 3 of Tales From The Reaper.

Oh? Is this something done in 2k3? Because if so, that's something I myself have been wondering how to do outside of using the Attribute/Condition patch for DynRPG, and would love to see how it's done.
It's actually quite easy. The tricky is the whole no monster status check deal, but if you're getting a monster that is consistently phys immune like a ghost, you just do

Char1 uses Attack command
Ghost is targeted
Common event StopAttack

And then fill the event with the condition where you stop an attack (and make a stun status with atk/int checkbox set to 0 and checked, add it and remove it).

There's an attribute condition patch?
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D

I DID IT!

I FIGURED OUT HOW TO MAKE YANFLY TARGET INFO COMPATIBLE WITH THE LUNA ENGINE!

I'VE BEEN STRUGGLING WITH THIS FOR EIGHT STRAIGHT MONTHS!

THE CATHARSIS I FEEL IS BEYOND COMPARE!

AS AN EXTRA SPECIAL BONUS I MADE MY OWN MODIFICATION TO INCLUDE HP AND MP BARS!

I FEEL DRUNK WITH POWER!!

AHA! AHAHA! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*dies*
author=bulmabriefs144
There's an attribute condition patch?

Aye, it's...somewhere in the DynRPG plugin thread. I think I was the one to request it, since I remember asking about if it was possible so I didn't have to spend months on my Weapon/Armor Elemental/Status Bless systems.
Still working on the first demo for my game. I'll most likely have it ready by tomorrow night at the latest, though I'm doing extensive bug-testing so probably Wednesday or Thursday.
I have bee working on menu a month now, I still need to tweak some icons a little before I can say it's finished, but core is working now.

Also changing graphic of alpha version :
OLD

NEW