WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

BowelMovement
It's basically the holy grail, but in the form of an hourglass
That doesn't make any sense at all.

Edit: I've been working on a set of autotiles, what do you think?
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=SnowOwl
BowelMovement
In the lore of the universe, it actually does make some sense! I have a feeling you aren't interested but here it is briefly in hide tags anyway.
Each world is given a few indiscernable Holy relics by both Galdath and Seradath (whom are like stand ins for God and Satan, only much more whimsical and unjust in ways), these relics are left to mortal interpretation, much alike our holy bible, and they are basically given to mortals so that the demigods can see what we end up doing and more or less serve to amuse them. There's subtle jabs at religious wars that were caused by zealotry as just being big trolls by the external forces we assume we understand. The Zodiac is a one said holy object, which alike the Holy Grail was dropped on a Planet to function as an instigator for the amusement of the immortals. It's not an object native to Earth, even though that is the place it is first encountered. Such items are common, usually a holy sacrement like the Bible, Galaxion Buttseat of Prophecy, the Ladle of Yor etc, and then a relic such as the Holy Grail, the Zodiac and this list goes on.

As for your tiles, they are looking pretty nice, I think the flowerbed ones at the top are a little hard to see on that bright green grass, though.

Me? Oh been working on Intelligence 314th Clash here and there.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=SnowOwl
BowelMovement

Edit: I've been working on a set of autotiles, what do you think?

Waaaa that's so cute snow <3 You should definetly make a game in that style <3
I m working on boss for a change :-) this is 1/2 of boss's phase (Amina's skills) I plan to add more to her. Music in vid is provisional, so shame on me. VS screen is for video only.
@Rebezion
Having to turn around to slash is making it harder than it needs to be.
Do it like in Binding of Isaac instead (one set of buttons to move, one set of buttons to shoot in various direction). The maps are empty with nothing to really look at, add some variation in the floor tiles and some stuff lying around on the floor and on walls. The characters are kinda flat and not very interesting. It just looks like NPC1 vs NPC2, nothing unique about them except the very animeish hair colors (and very high saturation on that hair, too).

The floor tile repeats really badly. The pillars and the wall should be closer in birghtness, as it is now it looks weird with light pillars and really dark walls.
Try to make the characters more similar in style to the rest too, they are very soft and non-textured, while everything else got a rough texture.
Try to look at how other games animate flames, that flame is a bit weird, the round light around it also is not realistic, it should be on the floor not floating above the torch.
Uh yeah, that was quite a few complaints, hope that didn't come off as too negative.

@ED
Thanks, but no such plans are in action, and likely won't be for quite some time. I'm actually working on a possible non-rpg maker game, with, fantastically, someone that can program and shit and is actually willing to let me only do graphics. I feel like a king.
BizarreMonkey
Well I just did the next two phases of Esperia's final bossfight. Just making some assets for a mid-boss cutscene now.
Porkate42
Goes inactive at least every 2 weeks
Well I just finished the title screen for my game.

I can't believe I still use hypercam...
Looks nice, Porkate. The trees compliment the map really well.

Also just do what I do and use Fraps. Works just fine, though you'll have to go full-screen when recording.
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
New and improved graphics for the card game! Now I just need some twangy background music and I'll be in business!

http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/5646/locker/qpq.png

(Click for enormous)
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Today I'm trying to design non-frustrating enemy healing!

Specifically, the battles in my game are centered around cursing enemies with elemental debuffs. They each have their own effect (Flames lowers Defense, Frost lowers Damage, and Shock deals every turn) and can be inflicted up to 5 times to increase the effect. In addition, several skills will use or consume these elemental debuffs for a greater effect (consume Flames to drain life, consume Frost to disarm the enemy, etc.)

Anyway, I want to add a lot of back & forth to the fight, so I don't want the player to just be able to inflict elements and combo effortlessly. I want to give enemies some ability to cleanse / prevent elemental debuffs, but I also want the player to be able to work around it.

Some ideas I've had so far:

Melt: Removes all Frost from the user. Only used when the enemy has 4 or more Frost stacks. The boss that casts this is very aggressive boss, so Frost is effective against it (because it lowers damage). If the boss casts Melt, it can't use a power-up move that turn, so it still results in reduced damage.
Cleanse All: Removes one element from all allies. Cast by one enemy in a 4-enemy battle. If the cleansing is preventing your combos, you can decide to defeat that enemy first.
Prune Elements: Removes all elements, taking damage for each one removed. This makes it harder to combo, but inflicts damage on the boss, so it's a fair trade.

These will at most be cast once every two or three turns, so there's still a few chances to inflict debuffs and combo with them. Does this sort of interactivity seem fun?

BizarreMonkey
author=slash
Today I'm trying to design non-frustrating enemy healing!
Aren't those mythical?
author=Deltree
New and improved graphics for the card game! Now I just need some twangy background music and I'll be in business!

http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/5646/locker/qpq.png

(Click for enormous)

This looks great !
Doing a test project in VXAce ( read, fan-game ).

It's a 'rewrite' of FE9, aka Elincia is the main character and not Ike. I'd figure she'd make an interesting Lord, since nearly all of them are so drab and dull.

Trying to get most of FE's staples in, like breakable weapons and limited inventories. Also, no stat caps.

Kick his arse, Ellie. You can do it! I based the UIs off Radiant Dawn.

Fight that Burger King. Just don't let him Luna you.

I love the UI and menu colors <3

edit: slash, that totally sounds interesting to play. Finding out how the enemies react also adds another interesting layer to the gameplay so i really think it's nice~

edit2: WOW DELTREE THAT'S COOL
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
i made birds fly when you dash, also i thought of pizza the whole time while making this happen

i need to unrust my coding abilities after the long summer so that i can work on karsuman and i's game. i may or may not make this as a training exercise, i have no idea

http://pastebin.com/hrhQ9Dgx (skills)
@Porkate, I can't tell because of the recording quality of the video, but is there grass underwater? Might want to switch out that tile.

@Deltree, loving everything about those graphics. I want to play the game just to look at the art.

author=slash
Anyway, I want to add a lot of back & forth to the fight, so I don't want the player to just be able to inflict elements and combo effortlessly. I want to give enemies some ability to cleanse / prevent elemental debuffs, but I also want the player to be able to work around it.

One way for the player to be able to work around it is let them know when an enemy is going to cleanse.

Say the enemy will always use Melt when he has Frost stacks, but can only use it when he has at least 2 Flame stacks. The predictability gives the player choices and control. If you want to rely heavily on Frost, you have to restrict your use of Flame. If you do want to use a heavy amount of Flame, you better make the most out of those Frost stacks cause they're going away next turn.

The system sounds fun and has a lot of potential if done well!

--

Over the weekend I implemented a crafting system. The mechanics are simple: bring the materials to an NPC and choose what to craft. Despite that, I'm hoping to use it heavily to drive rewards and character progression. Players can craft at two NPCs: a blacksmith for equipment and a chef for permanent stat growth food dishes. There will be a finite number of hand placed materials in the game world, so the gathering experience will be less 'repeatedly fight snakes for that 5% chance of Snake Skin' and more 'search out and defeat the 5 snake boss encounters to gather the skin'.

A few benefits I'm hoping for:

• Rewards can make more sense given the context. If you play a minigame with the local kids, the reward can be an apple left over from their lunch rather than a hulking sword or a hefty bag of gold.
  • Gold is freed up. Players can spend gold on the more Animal Crossing-esque features like new furniture and a better fishing rod without feeling like they're hurting combat potential.
  • Player's have more choice. If you want a new sword for your favorite character, you don't have to invest in decorating your house because that's the only place to get the sword reward. You can go explore, battle bosses in the arena, or master a minigame because they'll all reward you with the needed materials.

The blacksmith menu:

Up and down selects the item
Left and right lets you see how the equipment will affect a certain party member
Craze
i made birds fly when you dash, also i thought of pizza the whole time while making this happen

How sweet of you.

You should probably drop a shadow graphic under them when in the air though. I assume you already know that, however.
I'm finally able to work on equipment in Boss Gauntlet - I still need to decide on how to properly distribute equipment.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Pizza
Craze
How sweet of you.

You should probably drop a shadow graphic under them when in the air though. I assume you already know that, however.

Slipped my mind, actually! This is thrown in my "maybe for a contest or something" pile -- though if I ever actually make this, I'll add that in. Same with a reason to walk vs fly, Sated. Or maybe not, and just like the player fly all the time because flying is cool