WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
author=Ramshackin
@Deltree, loving everything about those graphics. I want to play the game just to look at the art.

Hah, thanks! You may get your wish! My current plan is to release a free copy of the card game as a standalone for mobiles/browser as a sort of advertisement for the full game.

The "actual" "game" looks more like this right now. Click for embiggening.

http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/5646/locker/ttl_scr_0815_4.png

BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=Sated
author=Craze
i made birds fly when you dash, also i thought of pizza the whole time while making this happen

i need to unrust my coding abilities after the long summer so that i can work on karsuman and i's game. i may or may not make this as a training exercise, i have no idea

http://pastebin.com/hrhQ9Dgx (skills)
Is there ever a good reason not to dash in your game..?
I can think of one...

Though it's a mechanic to like, just a couple fight in my own personal game, where you get slowed or in severe cases, paralyzed when you try to sprint.

Reactive behaviors are fun to mess with.

On that note. I've worked on Esperia's final bossfight a lot this weekend.

The third phase is the hardest so far. She does melee claw combos, Chequemate (which is a checkerboard tile skill, Bloodseeker Bite, Archonfire and Damnation, along with her often disorienting teleporting. This isn't so bad on the typical 18x3 arena where she also has a few pauses after casting meteors of heaven.
http://i.imgur.com/C1RSS9E.png
This is Hell. She welcomes you.

Now as you can see, the arena is 3x7. her combos occupy 5 or 9 spaces of that, and she does everything in brutally rapid succession.

Now for the fourth phase.
:|
Dang Deltree, that's looking really nice. Props for making games with Furry/Scalie characters. The industry could use more.

I made this map for an RPG concept I've been really invested in lately, just to nail down the geography I wanted to work with:

http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/29496/locker/Gaea_Map.png

I'm super pleased with how it turned out.
Yeah, normally I would stick pretty hard to natural biome locations with deserts near the equator and frigid lands near the poles, but given that this project is heavily inspired by FF5 it didn't seem like it would be as important to be super realistic about how the world works.
author=Craze
i made birds fly when you dash, also i thought of pizza the whole time while making this happen

i need to unrust my coding abilities after the long summer so that i can work on karsuman and i's game. i may or may not make this as a training exercise, i have no idea

http://pastebin.com/hrhQ9Dgx (skills)

i'm real into flying birdguys

real into it

cRAZE IF YOU DON"T MAKE A GAME ABOUT FLYING BIRDGUYS SOMEONE ELSE MUST DO THIS THING FOR THE GOOD OF THE COUNTRY
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
author=JosephSeraph
edit: slash, that totally sounds interesting to play. Finding out how the enemies react also adds another interesting layer to the gameplay so i really think it's nice~

Thanks :D :D I hope it works out, I want the battles to be a mix of puzzling out a strategy and getting clever. I'm gonna try and give the player a mix of tools so they can approach bosses from a few different angles.

author=Ramshackin
One way for the player to be able to work around it is let them know when an enemy is going to cleanse.

Say the enemy will always use Melt when he has Frost stacks, but can only use it when he has at least 2 Flame stacks. The predictability gives the player choices and control. If you want to rely heavily on Frost, you have to restrict your use of Flame. If you do want to use a heavy amount of Flame, you better make the most out of those Frost stacks cause they're going away next turn.

The system sounds fun and has a lot of potential if done well!

Yea, that's definitely what I want to set up! I want cleansing and healing to be somewhat predictable, or, at least, I want the player to have a chance to deal with it somehow.

Thanks for the feedback \o/ I've been piecing together some good ideas, I hope it works out!
I'm Working on a Class System for my game,I did planed for other Classes the
overall Thing works fine,But i think i might change the look a bit.(I don't like the colors they seem blinding..)
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
yeah the colors are awful (except maybe for stats) and the way the windows get overlapped a bit with the arrows is awkward. otherwise the sprites look awesome
I won't say the fighter will be weak, but he might be a little bland to play. The problem with non-casters often is that they don't have any abilities the casters don't (though they do tend to have solid damage with their regular attack).
BizarreMonkey
My assignment for week eight of TAFE in this game design course is to make a title screen befitting both a viking theme and a theme of your choice, i.e. make two.

Here's my one.

In spoipers is the viking-esque one.
author=Craze
yeah the colors are awful (except maybe for stats) and the way the windows get overlapped a bit with the arrows is awkward. otherwise the sprites look awesome
I knew there was something wrong.The menu have alot Radioactive Letters i should change them quickly.

author=LightningLord2
I won't say the fighter will be weak, but he might be a little bland to play. The problem with non-casters often is that they don't have any abilities the casters don't (though they do tend to have solid damage with their regular attack).
But The Fighter is the only one who can equip Axes in there.But you're right bieng unable to use spells will make him a bit boring some times.

BowlMovment:How is it "Viking"..?

Working on turning this:

into this:

Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
Cool
Looks like a bunch of islands in the shape of earth
Hey guys! You know how I was working on dialogue last time? And the time before? Can you guess what I'm working on right now!? CAN YOU!? Because...it's still dialogue! Now that I finished my Birth by Sleep Final Mix LP, I can focus on this more again. 4 "dungeons"/areas left in beta5 and I'm done with that dialogue, then I can move onto the much easier beta6 that has far less story to go with it. I just hope the dialogue will be easy at that point. I do need to get back into doing maps and events again, but ugh mapping! Especially when I've no good ideas on what to do with some dungeons. Still need people to help brainstorm good ideas and whatnot! Is anyone up for that? I has the Skype and whatnot so yeah! ^^;
BizarreMonkey
author=riderx40
BowlMovment:How is it "Viking"..?
There is Valhalla in the background and guys with beard and big hammers and ahahaha honestly it is because I say so.

It was for a school thing.

Speaking of, my homework involves board gam mak.

I am eager.

Working on Team/Combo/Unison attacks.
The dimensions are way off, I have to rework the animations, backdrops, and the enemy positions, but I figured I'd throw this up anyway.
Why not?