WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
Thanks for the feedback! So maybe more like this?

Different character this time. The stats were originally color coded to the squares, but I guess the increases are so incremental that they don't need to be a constant reference. Also, now I can highlight them green if the player chooses an item/square that would affect that stat. Also, I decided to try a silhouette (mostly because I am way too hungover to fool with photoshop/resource imports at the moment) and now I realize it looks even more like FF12 so oops.

And to answer your other question, connecting to a skill square (those are skills the character can learn) makes the 8 adjacent squares open up, as I've shown here. The little walled off squares are for taunting min-maxers, mostly. That, or, I might hide special bonuses in them.

Unity is rather obnoxious about a lot of things starting out, but it's growing on me. I've done the menus, leveling system(s), and battle system so far, and I've started on the platforming element (Unity 2D physics are pretty lol). I will make a gamepage when I have more finalized graphics available.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
LockeZ
I can't envision what that would look like. Gonna need you to MS Paint it for me

ms paint is for fools who don't know how to download gimp

http://puu.sh/gUggp/e5ccddeaac.jpg
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
That's a thing of beauty. I'mma try that.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
author=Craze

I can't figure out how to get transparency for some battlers in GIMP.
How the hell do I do that? Is there a certain File type I need? Some special tool?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Are we talking RM2K3, or a real RPG Maker that can handle more than 256 colors?

For RM2K3, you can manually adjust the color indexing in Gimp so that the first color in the palette is the transparent background color, but that's kind of obnoxious.

For later versions of RPG Maker, make sure the image is in RGB mode, and then you can just select the background area in Gimp and press the delete key on your keyboard. Those pixels will be deleted and the area will be left transparent.

Alternately, in every version of RPG Maker, you can just choose the transparent color when you import it, if you actually use the Import/Export Resource Manager instead of just putting the files in the folders.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I finally figured out a way to have enemies evaluate what action to take immediately before their turn begins within the Yanfly FTB, so now they can react to getting inflicted with certain statuses right away, or enrage as soon as their health hits a certain percentage... woo! I'm getting pretty good at hacking everyone else's scripts.

I've been working on these portraits for a Tokyo Ghoul fangame. (Anyone a fan of that manga? It's my all-time favourite.) You play as the girl on the left, named Amelie. She's my own character and hardly the only one that the game will feature. There will also be a ton of the characters established by the mangaka, though. On the right you can see Kaneki, the manga's protagonist. Both images are work-in-progresses, of course.
author=Craze
LockeZ
I can't envision what that would look like. Gonna need you to MS Paint it for me

I can't install anything at work.

Working on updated trees. Pesky things are so hard to get right. Before and after versions.
I'm working on a rather minimalistic game in ol' RMVX.

I've been working on it for a couple of days. The name I gave it was Common Enemy, because the game is about an unlikely party of an outlaw, two renegades and a shaman teaming up to save their lands from a greater evil.

I'm trying to make the game shine through its story telling and difficulty rather than flashy fancy scripty things.

Th-Though, I don't think having flashy fancy scripty things is a bad thing.

I can expand on how the game works if you'd like. ; w ;
author=kentona
author=Craze
LockeZ

I can't install anything at work.

http://apps.pixlr.com/editor/
Hello!

What a cool web app.
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.
Just finally decided on what versions of the party members to go with and finished recoloring and frankenspriting sprites together. I want to know if anything looks funny or is it good to go. For example, I am slightly unsure if the horns on the first one looks awkward with that hairstyle.

Also, trying to break out of the habit of keeping things only to myself that isn't just random testing screenshots.

The fourth one was edited by LockeZ and Avee. =3
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=Deltree
Thanks for the feedback!
I fucking love the art style of your characters.

author=slash
Unity just involves a heck of a lot more scripting than RM ever does to even get to a base level of gameplay. It's not all that bad once you get used to it!.. unless you're making something system heavy like an RPG.
That goes for more or less any of those bigger better programs, I'm gonna be learning at a sort of educational center (called TAFE, but i'm not sure if anyone knows what that is since from what i can tell its an Australian thing) how to use them new programs, it'll be rad.

That'll be happening about June/July this year and go through to the year following.

What have I been working on? Well, art!

But not just traditional pieces, did a huge awesome render recently.

author=Erynden

DAMN those look fantastic! :D
author=Erynden

That looks real nice. I especially love the guy on the far right. It might be just the coat.

author= BizarreMonkey
But not just traditional pieces, did a huge awesome render recently.

That's pretty amazing. That must had took you some time. I love the glow of the wings and the tattoos that runs down her legs. Excellent job.

=====================

I been working on some enemy battle sprites. I needed some more enemy varieties, and I'm still working on a fat students who I named "Might Student" at the moment.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Lrn2quote

YuuMonMu
That's pretty amazing. That must had took you some time.
Surprisingly, it only took a day from start to finish...

That said, it's all I worked on for said day.
YuuMonMu
I love the glow of the wings and the tattoos that runs down her legs. Excellent job.
Thanks! I actually did a color update since i didn't like the way the runes were slightly green and the hair clashed.
You can see that here.

As for what I'm working on, well I'm doing a few awesome changes to Menagerie: Remastered.
State Rebate:
There is certainly one thing I've noticed when other people have played this game, and that is that states are very hard to cipher sometimes, and some are way too powerful to be used by players, and are cheap feeling when used by bosses, so states are undergoing a large, but save friendly revamp!
- Each state now has a short name, followed with a brief explanation of what it does (in brackets).
- Several states which force loss of control have been removed, such as villain, berserk and confusion, stun remains as it's very handy against some bosses, such as the Dislocated Legends. The reason for this is that loss of control isn't fun, and there are less artificial ways to make bosses challenging.
- New awesome states are being added, such as Armor Break, Magic Break, and Elemental damage over time effects.
- The abilities Purify and Optimism are being rolled into Purify, the same goes for Erasure and Pessimism.
- Fatty will no longer gain a health benefit when morphing into bear form, in exchange he cannot be stunned or lose control in any form sans exceptions such as Temptress' Bite.
- Elemental attacks will now inflict a corresponding damage over time effect. It's only 1% bu on some bosses this is priceless.

Here's the second huge change.
Zardari's Final straw, how long does this shit even have to be also macguffins plzno
I got some very legitimate advice about the final battle with Zardari, so I'm going to be correcting a lot that I went wrong with.
- Zardari will still have 12 Million HP.
- He will now cast bigger spells based on the HP that remains. 80% Wide Slash, 60% Galactic Cleave, 40% Titan Strike, 20% The Cyan Reaches.
- The Demigods will no longer interfere, it's all up to the player now.
- Alike all bosses, Zardari isn't immune to elemental damage over time effects.
- A new music track will play throughout the entire fight, rather than having it switch up.
- Zardari will still use power surge, but dependant on the health that remains rather than by turn. he'll reach 4 stacks by 10%, and each 20% prior he'll apply a single stack. (90%, 70% 50%, and so on.)
- Zardari has lots of nasty new tricks to keep you on your toes. And keep the fight interesting.
- Throughout the fight, the characters and Zardari will interact, by 40% health Zardari starts showing he's impressed.
- By 5%, Zardari more or less asks you to end it.
- Some mechanics are still being worked out.

Other Changes
- Fatty's Pessimism ability will be replaced with an ability that inflicts curse on an opponent.
- Fatty's Optimism will be replaced with an ability that restores 25% EP to the party at the cost of some of his health.
- Abilities will now clarify their modifier and their type. (Absolute, Physical, or Magical)
- Turtle is now called Defense
- Shield is now called Spirit
- Reflex changed to Agility.
- All instances of MP will be changed to EP.
- The Insanity debuff from using gatekeeper will now be dispelled on death and after battle.
- Several of Fatty's abilities can bow be used in both forms.
I'm working on...tidying up the latest beta release of my game which just came out (now up to chapter 4 of 5)... http://rpgmaker.net/games/2693/ ... shameless plug but I have actually been working on it...
Hi, I'm working on my first game, I just submitted it I think, it says pending then I have to figure out how to make a download link, I hope one of you could help me with that, but my game is like a choose your own adventure thing, I made it with ren'py. It probably sucks, but I'm trying. It's called supernatural response team, You fight really anything paranormal, like monsters, ghosts, people. Anything. I only have Chapter 1 done so far, I'm by myself and it's really hard, because I have no experience at all. I hope some of you could give me tips, I'm sorry.
Revamped about 180 chests, so they now turn on a switch if there's a name in a file.

I also finished tying all triggers to their respective awards (just need to figure out what the awards DO now).

Just made a developer room.
LockeZ
Sparker, if the game is accepted then you can hover over your name in the top bar of the site and choose Manage Games to manage the game profile and add a download. You can't add one until it's accepted.

No advice on making it not suck, sorry. I dislike the entire CYOA genre, personally. There is a game design and theory forum where it would be a good place to ask questions about how to make your game better, and a help requests forum where you could ask questions about how to use Renpy if you're having trouble with that.