WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Fixed Unites. Again. Darigaaz, this is almost as bad as the WoB in Okiku.

I should probably try betting some money on that Blackjack game I whipped up to see if that piece functions like it's supposed to. From what I can tell, the rest works okay, but...
Finished up a skill showcase video just now

This is actually the second one I made, though I'd rather save the first one for my eventual game page, unless enough people request it here. Other than refinements to a few skills (like Felly's stab and one of her buff skills), I think I'm pretty happy with how everything turned out here!
AceOfAces
Engineering to infinity!
It's been a while posting here.

So... I ported most of the game over to MV.

I did have to make a new battle system though.

I even played with Pixi effects within cutscenes. Example:

(Note that these videos were taken from older builds. The newer ones are more polished.)
I've decided to rethink my whole Lunar Fan game. Iv e decided i need to make a game similar to it in spirit but my own world and characters and etc. I tried making a new post but the captcha won't work on my smartphone for some reason. Anyways I have a couple of questions if anyone can help me:

Two questions:
  • 1. Does anyone know if there are any good scripts out for doing a game similar to the Lunar series?

and
  • 2. What would you say are the resource packs most worth spending money on at Steam for VX Ace?
Currently trying to fix up chests. Still. Turns out trying to make 90% of the weapons and all unique armor unbuyable and placing them where the game's balanced out is hard! Especially with so many characters, and you don't want to make anymore sidequests because the game's already long enough! \ o /
Haven't posted on this board in a while. Right now I'm up to this thing. :x

edit: It's done! Now I'm doing a dragon boss fight.
I'm tempted to a do a Monster Hunter joke. But it's one of those cases where the element of Monster Hunter I'm satiring shouldn't be in any game period, even if it's satire. So I'm wondering how to pull it off. It would be a nice way to transition to the next chapter. Otherwise I'm not sure what should actually happen when the player beats the dragon, other than the game will cut away to a different character entirely. But before that happens, there should be a conversation or something at least.
edit: wow this looks nice!
Got done the skillset of the 6th party member in my game. Now I can finally get started on the meat of my first demo, thank god.
author=zeello
edit: wow this looks nice!

Duban should have different hp than Aladdin (mainly for the sake of not looking cast from the same mold). He looks beefier, maybe 40?

Ohhh this isn't Screenshot 20XX. So ummm, I just smoothed out a game breaking glitch by figuring out what it wasn't, and then finally just removed the offending segment. I also made my DNS (Day Night System) battle type for my ECS (Environmental Condition System, basically, it's like the Final Fantasy 12 special battle effects, except it's based on terrain) run more smoothly, as before it used nested variables which... sucked.

Now I'm copypasting something to the monster party events. I'm working on a game challenge system, where certain stuff is harder. We have breakable weapons on hard mode. And on hard mode, the price of inns is based not on level (easy and normal) but on party exhaustion. Yeah, it gets expensive.
Gonna resume eventing my town today. Had a lot on my plate this week (job application, had to get ID, drug screening, bg check, played a small assortment of games, etc etc) so I haven't really had the chance to make a lot of progress.
Now all I need to do is add in the character-exclusive armor to the game, and that's it! I'll be DONE...until I decide to add in a couple optional bosses here and there to spice things up, which isn't going to be THAT long to do I think. No big long sidequests though, don't think Touhou Fantasy needs them. ^^;

The issue I'm having, however, is deciding where to put these armor, and if where I put the weapons is fine. You cannot really win many of the weapons in the game, you cannot steal ANY of the weapons in the game, and you cannot buy 95% of the weapons in the game. They're all found out in the map, either in chests, NPCs, or hidden strewn about on the field. Armor is in the same boat as the weapons, but I feel I should make them a bit more unique in getting...but...what is the best way of doing this?

Should I make them drops from bosses? Steals (even though you cannot buy most of them and I hate having misseable anything)? Need a specific character to get to specific spots (i.e. having a flyer in your current party to reach high ledges, or a swimmer to dive underwater to get treasure)? Leave them in random chests as they are? Make the chests much more difficult to find than normal chests? I don't know, I need more feedback on this idea. It's the final thing left in the game for me to do outside of bug fixes.
Fflo
Be careful ! I'm French
I'm working on the sequel of the Duelist Master. (arc #1 profile here)

I started creating the second arc since March but one day, my computer couldn't start for no reason, and my buddy had to format it and I lost everything.

About TDM2 :
Those who enjoyed the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's anime (like my buddy again) should see the similarities between the TV series and the "game".
The screen takes place in the sewers. Lucien is a young autistic who tries to survive with his friends. The dark guy is Damian. He was Lucien's friend but he left the group in order to pierce in the duels.
I've got a strange sensation of déjà-vu... He's like Jack Atlas, but from the dark side.

The tree on the field is normal. It's one of Lucien's monsters.
Cards played are fictive unlike in TDM1.

Even if the sprites are inspired from XP, the series is still made on VX Ace.
36. That is the number of armor left in the game to place into chests, optional quests, or the like. Then I can call TF fully done. Except I still want to put in a few optional bosses...but not sure! Still don't think I'm doing a 2nd game after I finish this one though, as much as I'd like to make my own original game...ya know, lack of original assets and the like.
Gretgor
Having gotten my first 4/5, I must now work hard to obtain... my second 4/5.
Working on giving the main character's grandma's home a more "homey" feel. The idea here is that the main character, Carol, has a bedroom of her own in her grandma's house (which she only stays in for one month every year), and she and her grandma spent a long time painting little flowers, butterflies and trees on the walls around her bedroom door.

Does the pixel art on the walls transmit that idea well enough? What do you guys think?

Also, Tileset is good old First Seed Material. I do not intend to create my own unless strictly necessary.

EDIT: image edited because I'm an idiot and ignored the footer.
I'm working on my orc cavalry. What do you think?

Greetings,
Tw0Face
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I'm not sure if this qualifies as a "what are you thinking about" or "whatchu workin' on", but I've been brainstorming ideas (really just whatever pops into my head while on the shitter) for this section of my game I've been drawing out working on for years to make sure it's just right and I think I've finally got it. Once I chip away at this, it should be pretty easy sailing as I've also got a good chunk of the ideas out of the way for the rest of the game as well.

Deciding "this is where all the emotion happens" is a surefire way to stunt a game's development.
So, I'm back to working on my game again, and got some armors into some places. However, I am looking at an unused dungeon, which is used ONLY for cutscenes right now, but is fully fleshed out and everything. So I can use it for an optional dungeon of sorts and put in a lot of good stuff in there. Granted, it's pretty late in the game you'd be able to get in there...but the other issue is, the place is MASSIVE, so it would take quite a while to get in and out...not sure if this would be a good idea to put it back in or not?? I mean...I wouldn't even know what optional boss(es) would even be here, if any, and I'm not sure how much goodies I can stuff in here (well, I can certainly stuff a lot in here, and all enemies will be touch encounters instead of random encounters). Yay or nay? For reference this dungeon has a total of 94 maps in its name. That's how big it is, and would probably be a 1-2 hour venture without any enemies I think...granted, you can enter any of the 3 entrances depending on which direction you're facing when you enter the place, but yeah.
Started retooling and reworking my original project to be an original game inspired and influenced by Lunar rather than being a fan game. Started refining character sketches, downloaded MV, once I have the world conceptualized and story outlined and storyboards down for cutscenes I will begin fleshing things out and start working on items weapons and skills before looking for the necessary plugins/scripts I need to get the Gameplay as close as I can to the feel of the Lunar series before putting it altogether in gam mak form.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
There was probably enough stuff my Swap 2 game to formulate a gamepage when I received it. However, I've since added a few more areas, and taken a few in-game screenshots. However, I might want to stave off the gamepage 'til I figure out at least one more area.

Not quite sure how the heck this thing is going to end, though.
Just came out of a long hiatus that occurred due to numerous personal events going on at once. Working on the inside of my main town's buildings, only about 8 or so to go then I'll finally be able to start working on the main story. Hopefully I'll be getting decent chunks of the game done in the coming months. Expect a trailer or two and some more sneak peek materials for the game, OHMIC, eventually!
Gretgor
Having gotten my first 4/5, I must now work hard to obtain... my second 4/5.
Getting worried that almost all of my characters are either comic one-liners or sulking overly emotional characters with that vague faux character depth aobut them. I need to step up my writing game and introduce other personality types into the mix.