THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
thx, yes, I took a "second" look at them and.. I don't think they stand out either!:P
chana, Lockez, Screenshots or GTFO :O
benos
My mind is full of fuck.

Pics and did happen.
chana
Really nice map, what's at the bottom of the trees?
Looks like a shadow, but wouldn't all of the canopy cause a shadow?
Prexus is right, those are shadows. And it IS true that the entire canopy should cast a shadow, but hmm...that sounds like more trouble than it's worth, quite honestly.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
author=Skie Fortress
Been a while.

Something about this screen looks off, flat, wrong. Not sure what you want to call it. Something about the colors and the contrasts, I'm not sure. On a lighter note, this is a very fanciful world where those bright red berries are growing in the barren snowy waste.
I think the 'cobblestone' tile that is being used between the snow should have more perspective. The fact that they are long rather than wide causes the entire scene to feel flat.

Also, between the trees where the sky (water?) is visible, that nice 90' arc and flat line are also not helping.

Also, if that is sky, there is a serious problem with the logic of that tree canopy.

My suggestion, in regards to the tree shadows, is to simply place more trees. Edit the tileset, if you have to, to have the trees overlap one another so you can place more and fill out the area so that there is more shadow. The shadow around the base of the trees actually matches the canopy nicely, there just isn't enough of it. (Or you could make a 'canopy shadow' autotile)
Aha...Good suggestions. I'll definitely try the multiple trees thing at the very least. As for the other issues, I'll mess around and see if I can't do anything about it.

The video is fast, not the engine.
author=Skie Fortress
Been a while.

Howdy, Skie -- it has been awhile! *wink*

Yeah, Maxy McGee is right about how the color scheme looks a little off and how they contrast with each other. I dunno, it just looks a bit off to me... But that doesn't matter, because your game is awesome, and one little screenie isn't going to turn me off completely...

...Can it? :P

@ prexus - (Hot damn...that is FAST and you weren't kiddin'!!!)

AWESOME! FF6!!!

Are you...going to do a RM remake of this game? If so, that would be pretty nifty. :D
No I posted previously about it. I was just messing around with making an FF6-like combat system so that I can later inject my own graphics and have something more unique. I was using FF6 as a basis that's all. It was also a practice script as I hadn't used RM in ~2 years.
Creation
An avid lover of Heartache 101
Very big fan of your pixel art.

Here's some things to consider:
*The trees look a bit out of perspective (as if they were seen from the front).
*The shadow under the tree could use some transparency (like you did with the smoke).

Actually, the rest looks awesome, it's just the tree that stands out for some reason. It might be because you used a different reference for the trees than you did for the rest of the buildings.

Are there any links for this game, any information about it?
Thanks for the feedback. I don't think I'm going to change the basic look of those trees, they were a bitch to sprite the way they are anyways, but I love the idea of making the shadow transparent. I'll get right on that.

It does indeed have a gamepage, it's just not public yet, as I don't have enough up to date screenshots, and I haven't thought of something to use as a tagline and description.

All I can say at the moment is it's called Neo Lescia: Escape From The Iron City.
Creation
An avid lover of Heartache 101
Yeah, I can't blame you about the trees, I probably wouldn't bother spriting them again.

A little video I think you will enjoy. It's from Asylopolis from Rockmik. A point and click adventure:

And another great example of a good title screen (one of the best I've seen) by Elion:

And a quick video of the actual trailer of the game:
chana
@Creation : all these videos are really excellent, the spriting is as good as it's innovative, gifted, the creators (I'm waiting impatiently for the demo of Ach'Tegeach). De vrais travaux d'artistes(eh, oui ça fait drôle de communiquer en anglais...)!

@Lennon : "Very big fan of your pixel art", and your mapping.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
@Creation Is that the music from Sunshine? Sounds familar, talking about the bottom video. Game looks fricken awesome.
author=benos
@Creation Is that the music from Sunshine? Sounds familar, talking about the bottom video. Game looks fricken awesome.

Yeah, it's Kanada's death! I'm so gay for John Murphy. <3