THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Open it in a program that supports alpha channels...unless you didn't draw it? But I'm assuming you did. Just flatten until you have the portrait and a transparent layer and save. That should fix it. Make sure it's the correct size.
author=Saya
Welp, I wish I posted here before Nessiah, now I feel a distinct lack of self-confidence.

On the other hand, I would appreciate pointers on how to get rid of the nasty white outlines of the speaker's picture. (Will making the background black work? ... that might give nasty black lines.)

P.S. I suck at mapping.

Quoted because we're on a new page. This looks really really good, imo. The sprites and map is beautiful. However, the dialogue box looks terrible. Why white on black? I think you can come up with a better colour scheme for it than that. I'm not a fan of the character portrait either, I don't think it matches very well with the more realistic style of the character sprite, but I'm probably just being picky.
Also:

Overlooking the castle courtyard.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
@ Saya : really pretty map! As for me, I think the dialogue box is interesting, original, and the portrait well done in its expression, it gives the mood, and fitting.
@ dethmetal : nice map, no fefault, but not too original!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Saya, to get rid of the border around the portrait:
1) Open image in Photoshop
2) Choose the Magic Wand tool, and set tolerance to about 10, and make sure anti-aliasing is turned on (yes, it needs to be on for once)
3) Click in the transparent background area
4) Press the delete key on your keyboard

If this doesn't remove enough of it, repeat until it does.

I also really like the dialogue box.
Lookin' rather spiffy dethmetal & saya! I really like your mapping.

And what the hell are you talkin' about, Saya? Your mapping looks fine because of the art style your using for those chipsets and charsets. Don't worry about it.

And...I got nuthin. *groan*
I should rephrase what I said. I like the dialogue box itself, the shape and everything, just not the colour scheme. It's probably just me though:) I absolutely love the sprite style.
chana
This is how good I am at mapping as of now... and not even : the trees were done by some one else, I just reproduced them (copy, paste), no other comment.

(Edit : to be precise some one reconstructed the tree from the chipset parts with chara maker 99.)
I am more worried about the font than your mapping.
chana
Oh that's nothing, I'm on Linux, rm2k3 works very bad with wine.
Redownloading the font doesn't work?
chana
No, rm2k3 really doesn't work well with wine, for anybody. I have Windows though on another partition, but I didn't want to bother going back and forth! (Oh the dialogue may " sound" a little funny, he's remembering!)
K-hos
whoa You guys are hi-chaining without me? That's just not right. :<
@ Chana: have you thought about running windows in a VM in wine?
If you're interested, I would recommend; http://www.virtualbox.org/
chana
Yes, but I think it would be too heavy for my rather weak computer.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Choose from a selection of job hunts (sidequests of course, so it doesn't get too boring for you). One of them is the main storyline progressor.

Not enough to space out Endoleash. Yes, I see what to do with the "empty space" in the room....heh.

If it's not available, no hunt name will be shown, and it's in progress from another person who accepted it. You can also help them by chance to recieve half of the reward.
Here is some actual map work.

@LockeZ: Yeah it's a Dalton fan game based on his search for the Frozen Flame.

@KOG: You sure, funny... only made them 6 weeks ago. =P

Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
Some mapping talent up here ^ ^^