THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

More Zephyr Skies stuff... I'm trying to get that overlay right. Is this too heavy?
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
author=psy_wombats
More Zephyr Skies stuff... I'm trying to get that overlay right. Is this too heavy?

My mapping + overlays = fun :D
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=chana
So how does he stand on the water ?! I'm lost here, (he swims?)

Edit : I thought : to be attacked by sharks you're gonna have to be in, or at least on, the water. Forgot rpg attacks are generally not too realistic(!).I really love the map though!

Let me clarify. James isn't mid-swing in this screenshot. He is riding on top of a shark, and fighting another shark. I think if it were animated this would be clearer. Maybe I will try to capture a video of the battle.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=NewBlack
Romain64 must be some kind of genius.

Thanks for sharing these, Creation.

oh and,
author=LockeZ
He is riding on top of a shark, and fighting another shark.
Is it just me or does this sounds awesome? :P
Yeah I mean sharks are cool and all, but from watching creation's let's try, and now seeing new shark related content, it seems a bit excessive, even if the game is humorous/silly.
K-hos
whoa You guys are hi-chaining without me? That's just not right. :<
author=psy_wombats

Yeah it seems a little too, uh, splotchy? Like all the fog parts are small and dense, so maybe smooth it out/blur it a bit more so it's more even.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=King of Games
Yeah I mean sharks are cool and all, but from watching creation's let's try, and now seeing new shark related content, it seems a bit excessive, even if the game is humorous/silly.

I promise the sewer surfing scene is the last shark appearance in the game.

...That I currently have planned, anyway. I reserve the right to add Heroic Shark Factory as a 5-player level 85 dungeon at a later point in the game's development!

The next dungeon will feature soldiers in sunglasses who constantly do Michael Jackson dances nonstop during combat.
author=LockeZ
The next dungeon will feature soldiers in sunglasses who constantly do Michael Jackson dances nonstop during combat.

You have suddenly caught my eye, Mr. LockeZ. Tell me more. :D
@Wombat: As I said on your blog, looks great in terms of mapping. I am not the biggest overlay fan, but the atmosphere is fitting.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
I wouldn't mind a little a little feedback : what's right, what's wrong 'oh, and it's RTP, I know
http://rpgmaker.net/users/chana/locker/MT51.png
Is it possible to download the image from the locker?
@chana: The trees class with the RTP. I am a big RTP user and I think you can really make the most out of it if you try. I recommend editing the RTP tree and using that instead. The house looks odd because of the roof, you should use the red roof tiles to complete the slope of the houses.

In this old map I created look at how I make the roof over the garage.

Also the ground would look nicer if you alternated between two or three ground tiles. The basic green grass is good as the base, while the thicker grass that you use is good in some areas. I also add a dirt part near areas that NPCs would walk across. Hope this helped.
author=Ashley_Lacure

That image is pretty badass considering it's RTP only.
chana
@Ashley_Lacure : thanks a lot for the feedback, working right on it.
chana
Here, how's that? the roof definitely looks much better, but I kept the gravel, these are rich people : they don't want dirt in their house! I kept the dark grass, the light one clashes too much with the color of the trees and put light patches where people might have stepped on it, so as to get the variety ,as for the big trees I really think (at least for the time)they have their place here, though they do clash, it breaks the doll world effect of rtp
Those Suikoden trees are not working with the RTP.
author=dethmetal
Those Suikoden trees are not working with the RTP.

this. Because of the palette AND style clash
chana
I can see that, I like it anyways, what to say, visually, I think they work well together, it's interesting, if you see what I mean.
chana
I expected just that! For the time, I like it this way, maybe later on, I'll find it absurd ? Never made a game before, testing...
But I can also do all rtp

I don't know why the roof doesn't come out right with the uploade, it does in rpgm2k3 ?!
LockeZ
author=chana
I expected just that! For the time, I like it this way, maybe later on, I'll find it absurd ? Never made a game before, testing...
But I can also do all rtp

A lot of those objects are not RTP, are they? Not that I'm complaining. The indoor map looks good, everything matches in style (except the characters). Not sure what's going on with the ground outside.

Also your piano is inside a wall