THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Ah, maybe the farm was done with another chipset (?) ( I think the ground is a kind of pavement with grass growing in between), as for the piano, I put it against the wall, never struck me as being inside the wall, I don't see what you mean ?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Its front legs are even with the base of the wall. Unless it is paper-thin, this is physically impossible.

Just move it down a tile.
I like how the door going into the left room will direct you right into a table.
chana
I did try that though, imo it doen't look too good : like the piano is slightly pulled away from the wall, and I checked there's another furniture that works the same way, the wall cupboards {in the left room actually, you can just glide past them following the wall),...?
chana
author=Dyhalto
I like how the door going into the left room will direct you right into a table.
Right it's pretty cramped in there, actually there is place enough to walk to the further end of the room (the wall hides the space).But yeah, it's really cramped (that 's what you meant?!).I suppose I could take the top right bed off.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
The left room is fine, the bottom wall just covers up the walkable area.

The cabinets in the left room are a great example of how to do what you're *trying* to do with the piano. You can see how the fronts of them extend a few pixels down from the wall so that it looks like the backs of the cabinets are touching the wall. But if you don't want to edit the RTP, just move the piano down one tile.
chana
Alright, thx, maybe i'll try editing the rtp (never thought of that, yes i'm QUITE a newbie...).

Here's your piano, LockeZ, it was totally un-necessary...., but I learned tons of stuff, so it was worth it (was helped).
Old game, changing the name to something more relevant to the current story. As I said in the What Are You Working On thread, I messed up on the shadows, and I'm making them all pictures and fixing angles and perspective.
3 Years Old

Today
Honestly not much change, however I still have alot of effect, animations and shadows to complete to make this map lively. Its the front gate the games central town, Sumi Town.

Tau
RMN sex symbol
That's a lot of bright red soldier guys! Anyway, everything looks great, except for that black tower thing, too different a style compared to the RTP and sticks out quite a bit.

And to be honest I prefer that original 3 year old screen to the new version.
Telephone/electricity wires in a medieval setting isn't something you see every day
@Tau: Appreciate the comment. I'll probably just sprite the black tower myself so that it doesnt stick out as much.

@dethmetal: Games uses RTP but the setting takes place in a nation undergoing a technological revolution, note you will see areas that are not fully converted during game play as well as highly advanced towns and cities.
LockeZ
@chana: And learning is half the battle!

@Ashley_Lacure: Most of the buildings not looking modern yet makes perfect sense during a technological revolution. It's actually the platemail that really sticks out to me. But I assume that's on purpose as well and makes sense within the story.

If you want to use that metal tower, it does look nice, and it's probably easier to edit it to match the RTP than make your own. You just need to make sure each surface/section on it has a dark (but not black) border around it. Adding borders is easier than removing them, haha.
chana
btw what did you mean by : "everything matches in style (except the characters)",
it's the classical rtp characters with the rtp chipset?!!!
Why do I even bother posting? OTL
LockeZ
I was talking about chana's screen when I said that, not Ashley_Laucher's.

Chana: The reason the RTP heroes stand out is because they have solid black outlines, whereas the outlines around everything else are just darker versions of the colors in those objects. The reason for this is that you... aren't using RTP. You're using a set of tilesets that were designed by someone to replace the RTP but look nicer. And the main reason that they look nicer is that the black outlines were removed from all the objects.
chana
I see, maybe I should try removing the black outlines of the characters, has this ever been done ?! Well, I can try and see...
LockeZ
I don't think it's necessarily bad that characters stand out. You can leave them alone.
chana
It's feasible, anyhow, I checked, right, the outlines are tone down relatively to the original rtp chipsets, and the character does look nicer, but it's a lot of work, and long...
LockeZ
Yeah, I wasn't saying to change it.
I don't think they stand out too much at all.