THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
@ Max:
I'm no fan of Theodore. Chars used as face sets is a good solution, better than nothing at least, so I know who speaks. ;-) The textbox and the light effect could be somewhat more interesting in my opinion. The chars are well done. Looks like an own style to me.

Thanks for the feedback.

I LOVE Theodore. Characters used as face sets is consistent with the original game, but it might also be a placeholder for original art. I'm not sure what exactly is wrong with the light map, or the textbox for that matter, so could you be more specific? Neither one is meant to be 'eye catching' so to speak. I prefer subtle and understated lighting effects, and the text box is really nothing fancy. It's reasonably clean looking, which is an improvement over B1.

I can take no credit for the characters sets, although Rachel and all like 97+ poses of her was an original creation made specifically for Backstage 2. (The sad thing is, it's been so long I had to do significant research to find out by whom. The guy who made it apparently was called "Mob Pixelle". I have no idea what happened to him, but he was a mensch. My main creative partner on this game has been Cheshire Cat, although the lightmap for the motel was made by malad. It's been years since I talked to either.)
. I'm not sure what exactly is wrong with the light map, or the textbox for that matter, so could you be more specific?

Well, the textbox is just... black. I know some people use it that way. I personally never did and never would, as long as I can create my own textboxes that look a bit more unique. Does not mean that it doesn't fit or something.
About the light effect: It would look good to have light on the pavement floor coming from that window. Also the light around the lamp is way too weak.

Okay, i am starting to link the storie of this fangame with the history of the real Resident Evil. The point of that Screen is to show a video (yes, it actually shows a video) about the history behind the creation of the virus T, william birkin and Marcus. After that Vincent is gonna recover part of his memory ;D
Max McGee
That seems really cool Felipe, it's a shame such effort and presentation is being wasted on a fan game. In any case the lines on that overlay look a bit sharp and polygonal to me. It might be better if they looked less like such perfectly straight lines. Might just be me, though.

About the light effect: It would look good to have light on the pavement floor coming from that window. Also the light around the lamp is way too weak.

Okay. I kind of like how it is now, but thanks for the opinions. I guess as a final note this shot is not meant to be happening in the real world, even relative to most of the rest of the game.
author=Felipe_9595
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8127/vhsh.pngOkay, i am starting to link the storie of this fangame with the history of the real Resident Evil. The point of that Screen is to show a video (yes, it actually shows a video) about the history behind the creation of the virus T, william birkin and Marcus. After that Vincent is gonna recover part of his memory ;D

I love the aesthetic there. The only thing that stands out is the heartrate thing, the one labeled "fine." The white outline is really bright in comparison with the rest of the shot.
author=Max McGee
That seems really cool Felipe, it's a shame such effort and presentation is being wasted on a fan game.

i dis-concur, good sir

A game is a game is a game, it will only be a shame if Felipe does not end up releasing the fruit of his efforts in the end.
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
author=Max McGee
it's a shame such effort and presentation is being wasted on a fan game.

if only we could all have 10 fully-original projects cancelled/on hiatus
Max has finished more games than most of us. (even if liking them is another matter)

Please make ad hominem attacks elsewhere.
I can post videos true xP????

My animated tittle screen. It loops and there is no lag :P

I wouldn't make the menu text black it blends into the bg bcz of the fire on black. If you do keep the menu words black, at least give it a white stroke like the after history subtitle.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.

Looks like it properly need more room for improvement.
@benos
That 2k3 character sprite sticks out like a sore thumb. You might want to do something with that black outline the sprite has.
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.

I haven't seen the rest of the map, but from the looks of it, you can give rid of and/or move up what is below the line. But, the only real complaint I have is the clashing with the charaset and chipset, but I literally seen worse. Other than that really, I actually like it.

EDIT:
Oh noez! Rowan beat me to that part! xD
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Though I didn't want to be partially empty. Only three of the main characters are rtp, and because I like the poses that went with the characters. A lot of it from the VIP Hentai series used for Japanese hentai games and such, perverted, derps, which won't be used in the game, of course. Pretty sure the rtp looks too filtered.

Imp´roved the Hud. How does it Looks?
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
author=Karsuman
Max has finished more games than most of us. (even if liking them is another matter)

I know, I'm just giving him shit

author=Felipe_9595

I like that! It looks like an actual piece of technology... and it seems to fit pretty well with the overall graphical style. (That chest does not though. You want them to be visible, but its color palette is totally out of place.)
author=Felipe_9595

Looks neat! Apart from what Versalia has already said, I'd like to add that the overall screen look too dark for me. I set my screen brightness to almost full and still barely see the room.
-------------------------------------------------
Puipui's title screen

It's animated. Puipui will keep rolling along with the background, showing all the places he will be visiting through out his journey to save his girlfriend :3
Is this an iPhone/Android game, Hima? The resolution would imply it is :D
author=prexus
Is this an iPhone/Android game, Hima? The resolution would imply it is :D

Yes, though it will be for web, pc and mac as well. Unity magically allow me to build for all those platforms<3
Max McGee
Agree with everything everyone has said about benos's screenshot.