THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
They look like extremely well-edited Bahamut Lagoon sprites to me. Odd that you're using the RTP characters as bases for really nice custom sprites, though!
they're completely original, but I'll cop to using the RTP characters as a base, at least for the first four, I kind of got attached to them.

the red blocks shoot up out of the ground, it's an earth spell (I also drew those by the way.)

as far as the monk, they're all animated, and he does go to a lower crouch as part of his idle animation

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Ah, I was thinking maybe the entire stack of blocks fell from the sky and landed on the enemy. Shooting up from the ground makes more sense.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
@Scalytank : that asteroid is looking really good, there might be a slight problem with the background that looks more like a night sky than outer space? maybe darker?

@Pneumatic : love those skill animations.
looks more like dancing the robot than performing kung fu
the fact you think they're mutually exclusive tells me you know nothing of either : p

@pneumatic: those look sooooooooooooo much better than the RTP characters. much love. but yeah the pile of red blocks does look like a pile of red blocks.

stealing from your parents XD
Nice modern day map Fugue, love the shower~ xD
ty <3 but close to all tile credit goes to Celianna <3

(i did make a couple of the tiles myself, but certainly not the awesome shower)

and it's 1980, not modern day~

what the same screen looks like several hours later at/after sunset. (still tweaking the shade and position of the lighting which is slightly animated; twilight indoors is tricky to light since it's so subtle)
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I don't like the way you did the doors. I'm used to seeing them one tile further down, with black above them.

Also, that middle bedroom has no windows at all. Any light in there at all is coming from an artificial source and thus shouldn't be affected by the time of day. You can make a bunch of crazy lightmaps and shit, or you can just add a window and problem solved. The other two rooms potentially might have windows on the walls that the camera isn't pointing towards, so they don't need to be changed.

I like the arrangement and layout of the stuff in the rooms. Good use of space. Plus, games set in 1980 automatically captivate my interest. Hope this gets far enough that you can make a game page for it.
Hope this gets far enough that you can make a game page for it.

i'm working on it. css is a bitch to figure out but i'm not satisfied with the default look anymore.

thanks for the c&c. i'll do what i can, again, working with a deadline. i kind of agree with you about the window, actually, it's just been a low priority thus far.
@Pneumatic:Those are really great sprites, do you have any gif of them in movement? As seomeone said they look like Bahamoot Lagoon edits, and the battle sprites from that game were really smooth.

A remake of the previous version of Final Destination that SSB Crusade had.

Made mah ABCs. (Custom Chip Set Testing)
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
woah woah woah

itaju

maaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Still looks absolutely amazing, but now it kinda seems the elevation is off on the right.
@LockeZ: I don't like the look of those spikes. First of all, are they supposed to be natural? Because they don't really look like stalagmites. ...Anyway, what really bothers me is how chaotic it all looks, with spikes everywhere, of all sizes and in all directions; specially those with distorted pixels. I'd arrange them in groups with the tallest spikes in the middle and the smaller ones around them. Not unike mapping mountain ranges on a world map.

@Pneumatic: Those battlers are awesome, but you're using way too many colors in them. Are all the sprites in your game going to be made in the same way? Because I imagine it's gonna be pretty laborious to keep that level of detail throughout the game. =P

@Itaju: Nice tiles, but the jigsaw motif is a bit too redundant here if you ask me; just with the floor and walls should be enough.
Thanks for all the compliments.

I am probably only going to draw original sprites for important bosses or party characters. Basic enemies I'll probably just edit existing graphics so that they match up stylistically. I have a set of walking sprites for each that I drew too, and a set of facesets for each that have been heavily edited. I'd say graphics alone have taken me about a year, and I'm still not done with spell animations. (or "coding" the battle system.)

It is definitely a hassle, and at the rate I work, operating systems will probably stop being able to run 2k3 before I finish anything, so I had to just learn to enjoy the process, and stop worrying so much about rushing anything out. Big reason I was disappointed that 200x bit the dust. Wish I could somehow transfer it all over to VX or Ace, but I've got too much invested in this engine at this point.
This game is going well.

A classic semi-horror point-and-click adventure.

You go about this old house...and things happen, and it's scary, I guess...I still need to flesh out the story.
author=FlyingJester
This game is going well.

A classic semi-horror point-and-click adventure.

You go about this old house...and things happen, and it's scary, I guess...I still need to flesh out the story.

Oh how I love this style :D It reminds me of the good old, hard as hell games such as Shadowgate, Sword of Hope and Wizardry.
Keep it up!
It is based a bit on Shadowgate. Also Scratches and a tiny bit The Seventh Guest, but mostly Uninvited. I love Uninvited.