THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

WEEEEE! This is actually getting kinda fun. Still haven't put in three levels in one room though (that actually lead to anywhere)...not really sure how to fit it in at all now! But I think this one looks the best out of all of the ones I've done so far (even if it is still bare atm). The Es are rocks, which I'm thinking of implementing a field ability that I haven't put into the game yet. Haven't decided yet...it'd make using the character more worthwhile as it gives shortcuts and whatnot...hmmmm.

By the by, I hate the new Photobucket =w=;;
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
A definite improvement. The black areas are supposed to be the void vortexes? Try making them be cliffs going down into black nothingness, like you did on the left side, instead of just perfect squares. And then either put some stars down in the black area so it looks like outer space instead of just a dark pit, or change the black to transparent and have a weird vortexy parallax background.
Aye, the black is transparent so that the parallax background (which is a default RTP thing, I don't have anything else to represent the void yet) will show through there. I would like to use stars though, since that fits the Void better than the Strange panorama/parallax that I'm using for it (which is already used for a different part of the story, ala a different dream world). Need to find such a background though for that...

I'm assuming the perfect squares are those NOT by the cliffs, such as the top of the plateau thingie on the bottom right? That would look better aye...I'll have to fix up the other maps to fit in with that then. Would definitely look better, though there is a couple spots where I have it in the walls themselves...hmmm.

For this dungeon, I'm thinking about 4-5 more maps will do before I complete the necessary loop to the top floor. Just need to make the next room or room after that loop up to the third floor, and then make that loop around and that should be it...would've liked to have this loop to one of the earlier rooms but I'd have to redo that room for that bit and x_x;;

EDIT - Actually, it is possible since I left the left side of the entire dungeon blank...huh. I'm glad I didn't do nothing there yet then at all!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I'll note that this map alone is about two-thirds as big as a typical dungeon in a Final Fantasy game. I really don't like these kinds of utterly ridiculously massive, suikoden2-style dungeons that just go on and on and on and on and on.
Yeah, that stems from my not knowing how big I want to make a map ordeal. All of my maps tend to wind up as such (which is one of the things I get complaints about I guess). I can't guess the right amount that I ever need, so I make it a size and go with what I need (I HAVE increased/decreased map sizes accordingly when I needed to, and I do have maps that aren't super huge).

Yes, I'm trying to emulate FF's style, but that's not exactly easy in terms of dungeon designs x_x;;
WIP screenshot of a native village surrounded by tall cliffs. :)
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Wow, that's gorgeous, love the mixed earth and grass, clouds, colors are great.
LockeZ
whoa

don't stop doing what you're doing
author=Sana
WIP screenshot of a native village surrounded by tall cliffs. :)

The bridge doesn't look right. The village is nice, though.
I think it's because there's no shadow or anything holding the bridge up. Ideally there should be some sort of support under it or on each corner. Otherwise, it's looking pretty good.
This screen does look good. The bridge is a bit unpracticle though and it misses support. I would concider adding some elevation to the mountain edges though =).
Well, it' still a WIP, so I haven't added everything yet..forgot the shadow under the western bridge. ^o^
Nice tiles, they look really shmooth!
Wow, that's some superb mapping skills right there! It really feels like an indian settlement. o.o

Don't worry guys, I'm almost done with this stupid place. Only a couple more actual rooms, and the first trip is done (then eventing will start, then I'll have to do the deadend rooms and whatnot, and set up a path to the second area somewhere in that mess...). I tried to make this one smaller than the others (this one is 53x49). It seems on average, at least right now, I go with 60x60/50x50, or 60xX or some such. So it's not THAT much smaller, but it's smaller than usual I suppose? I dunno, but I think it looks good and fits in well enough for a small map. ^^;
Tau
RMN sex symbol
That's almost a swastika. Quick question, why is there a random chest in that black area? Also everything looks so gloomy.
Huh. I actually didn't even realized it looked as such o_O

That black area has invisible floors to walk on, despite it being an area sucked into the void (you know how games love to have invisible paths and whatnot).

And well...it's a cave. Caves aren't exactly super happy most of the time, no? ^^;;
author=Xenomic
Huh. I actually didn't even realized it looked as such o_O

A lot of people don't when they're designing things.
I guess your maps are way too big. They lack of detail and don't look very comfortable.

If you want to improve your mapping skills I give you a little homework assignment.
Try to map the same map on a much smaller scale (like 50% of X and Y dimensions). but try to keep all the paths and directions and stuff as if nothing from the original map is missing, everything's just smaller. then add more doodads and share the result :)
Itaju that's a great tip, I might make that myself, you know! Thanks ~~

Oh, technically this is a screenshot >_>

Yeah, that's what I've been doing >_>
The middle row (obviously) haven't been coded yet, and the (already coded fire) elemental items work the same as in FFX >_>

Also I editted heaps and heaps the battle algorythms so that the damage progression is quadratical and statues are low, (10 ~ 255), and editted a bit of Cogwheel's Battle System to heat up in RGSS >_>

Also atk functions now as +atk% , and the same applies to pdef and mdef. I have to create a matk constant yet, though >_>

Aaaaalso this project also has an item crafting system wich works similarily to FFVIII's refine (all Med-RF already coded), except it can't 1 -> 100, but it can require multiple items and activate recipes via switch, enabling me to do skills like Med-RF, etc. >___> (I just have to figure how to erase the recipes) and yeah didn't know where to post this so I just posted here. >_____________________>

Anyways
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Oh I know that pain >->

We're still finalizing SLH's synth system and item database but at this point it's looking enormous ;w; along with the skills section since all passive abilities are handled by skills, so you've got action and passives listed. It's a scary thing @-@