~ MANOR MAP MADNESS ~ (SIGN UPS)

Wow, i'd really like to sign up too if there's space :D ?

I've done alot of mapping before, and i really hope i can make something decent, I might not be the best.. If you need to see some mapping i've done before, I could send you something ? (:

I would certainly also need some switches and variables!

-Merlinman
@Julev: Only if it's necessary. For instance, the core rooms might have a not that tells where an exit should go. This is to line up with the main area. If you aren't told then just do as you will. I'll work it all out when I piece it together.

@Miracleman: Don't worry about that. As long as you use the chipsets fairly competently then it should be fine. (And by fairly competently I mean that floors are floors, walls are walls and furniture is, well, what it is.)

About Switches. I'll be giving you out a set number when you get your description. I don't care if you use them all or not as long as the ones you do use are named. Same with variables. :P
Thanks for adding me Liberty :D!

Though I was wondering if our sound effects and music files only should be midi/wav?
Well, as it's only one room per person (or two in some cases) I don't expect the music to be too much of a problem. If it is too large I'll do something about it - I've got some nifty compression software that squishes mp3s to reasonable sizes without loss of quality, so that's not something I'm too worried about.
Now, if it did get out of hand I could always zip the music/sound folders up separately so that the main download won't get too big. It may mean two downloads instead of one, but again, that shouldn't be too big a deal.
Ahh, sounds great! (:
Cause i was thinking of using some mp3's, I have a feeling that'll add better atmosphere than some of the default wav's/midi's, but the problem might be too much of a sudden BGM change from room to room?
Oh well, i don't know, i'm somewhat of a noob xD

btw, sorry for my bad english, i'm from Denmark :P
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
author=arcan
Haha making a map is easy but making it scary is hard.

Right, tried a map, ok, but all the scary stuff is missing, and nothing vaguely awing in those Mac&Blue tilesets.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
So are we all getting a set of Switches and Variables then.. Sweet! Is there going to be a main character we will be using?
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
*signs up*
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
*signs up*
I think the best way to make a room scary is to make good use of lighting and sound effects. Besides that I'm thinking of including a few graphic edits in my room(s). I'll see how scary I can manage to make them. :P
Sign me up!

author=Liberty
- No database. NADA! ZILCH! ZERO! NIL!

No battle animations?
author=SGCN
Sign me up!
No battle animations?
Battle animations: You may use the default battle animations if you feel the need.
No Database is basically aimed at heroes, class, skills, item, monster, monster G., attribute, condition, animations 2, battle layout, terrain, string, system, system 2 and common event.

author=Tau
So are we all getting a set of Switches and Variables then.. Sweet! Is there going to be a main character we will be using?
The main character will be added after I receive all the maps. ;P

author=chana
Right, tried a map, ok, but all the scary stuff is missing, and nothing vaguely awing in those Mac&Blue tilesets.
You can do edits to the tiles as long as they still fit with the rest of the tiles. You can add lighting and sound to help create a scary atmosphere. It doesn't need to be super-awesome, though. Just do your best. Also, tints! :P

Also, also! Don't be afraid to mess with the chipset you're currently using. There's a reason I added all the chipsets I did to that zip - if you want something like a spiderweb, borrow it from one of the dungeon or crypt chipsets. As long as you rename your new, edited chipset then I don't mind you messing with them. That might help a little, yeah?
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Sign me up :3
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I was playing around with the idea I had for a bit, even going so far as to test the idea in the editor. I haven't fleshed the idea out all that much, but I think I've got something decent for a change! We shall see how I can incorporate this idea with the room I get!

I'm also thinking music. Now, maybe it's just me, but the Necromancer's theme from Heroes of Might and Magic II - The Price or Loyalty should be somewhere in this game. Maybe not my room, but somewhere.
I'd like to participate ^^ Sign me up!
IF ANYONE WANTS TO BEGIN TODAY I WILL BE HAPPY TO START SENDING PMS OUT.
That said, if you'd rather wait, don't worry about it. I'll be randomly adding the rooms to each person now so it's pretty fair.

This doesn't mean that sign-ups are over! If you still want to sign up, drop a line. There's still a lot of rooms to go around!
Wow, i'd really like to have mine already, if it's okay :D ?
Planning on working with Rpg Maker all weekend then :P !
Oh, I want to start! I have four days off from school! :-D
If I may. I'd like to make a basement like a winecellar or something like that :D i am already ready for the details! :D And... Can you reserve about 30 switches and 20 variables for me ;D?
author=Faenon
Is there any chance I could use the end result of this event in my game if I contribute to it and also give credit, d'you think?

Also, please can I have my PM directive? Thanks!