~ MANOR MAP MADNESS ~ (SIGN UPS)

Gibmaker
I hate RPG Maker because of what it has done to me
I have a question, is there a set "period" to this house? Mac & Blue chips have a pre-industrial century feel, but I much prefer modern haunted houses.
(Especially since I got the bathroom, and I don't know how to make it look like a bathroom without modern fixtures.)
(Especially since I got the bathroom, and I don't know how to make it look like a bathroom without modern fixtures.)

There's no set period, but whatever you come up with should end up working as long as it's atmospheric. I realise that Mack has some chips missing or doesn't fit certain areas/eras, but just do your best. If you want to edit some chips or splice some in (just make sure they fit the style ^.^), feel free.
One week left! How is everyone's room(s) going?

As for me, both rooms are mapped. Now all that's left is to add a few events and add sound/music.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
I'm wrapping up my work on the next Super Doki Doki World demo, after which I will be doing my maps! So I'll probably have them done right on the 14th.
GASP! Someone has replaced me in the art of running mapping contests!
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Almost done, left : music, renumbering the switches, explaining to Liberty (name changed charsets included, hoping it works!).
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
I am signing up. Not sure how it takes you two weeks to map something. Unless it is large.
author=Adon237
I am signing up. Not sure how it takes you two weeks to map something. Unless it is large.
You're too late Adon, sorry. If you'd read the first post (which you should have done if you wanted to know just what the collaboration is about) you'd know that there's only 6 days to go.

And why it would take so long? Some people have lives outside of RMN or game-making and the deadline is so that if any issues arise there's time to deal with them or ask any questions if confused. Also, if anyone wanted feedback on their map it'd give me time to check it out.

All that aside... EIGHT DAYS PEOPLE!
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Wow, we are in very different time zones? By my count there are eight days between now and the 17th?

(I plan on doing mine on Tuesday, the 11th.)
Sorry, it was late and my mind wasn't working. Fixed it. :P

That said, please, please compress the actual folder when you send in your maps. WinRAR, WinZIP and 7zip are all free programs and easy enough to use.
Gibmaker
I hate RPG Maker because of what it has done to me
I just have to fix mine up for submitting.
Okay, so you've all less than a week left. Let me just say that some of the maps I've received thus far have blown my expectations. There's some really creepy maps so far! Just a reminder, though, rename the files you use. This makes it a lot easier when it comes time to move them to the main project.

News:

- Two more submissions and we'll have enough for me to post up the game page. I'll probably need help setting the CSS up considering I can't even get it to work for my own pages. ^.^; Any volunteers for helping me with that are highly appreciated!
- A few people have asked about whether or not there will be a protagonist and what they're like. So I'll introduce her to you now: mind you she's a tad shy so don't all crowd her at once, okay?
Say hello to Emi. She'll be the one who has to experience first-hand the rooms you're creating. Don't worry, she's pretty brave for a kid, so make them as creepy/spooky/atmospheric as you like. {She's cowering in fear, not a midget :P }
Yes her eyes are different colours and yes, she's a little girl.

Well, I'm looking forward to more maps!
Max McGee
Hi Liberty, the visual and audio aspects of my map are essentially done. I was just wondering: should we add events with descriptive text for examining items in the environment and that sort of thing, or leave that to you?
If you want to do that then go ahead. I'll be trying not to mess with rooms too much - just enough in eventing to allow the story to play out. :P
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=Liberty
Say hello to Emi. She'll be the one who has to experience first-hand the rooms you're creating. Don't worry, she's pretty brave for a kid, so make them as creepy/spooky/atmospheric as you like. {She's cowering in fear, not a midget :P }
Yes her eyes are different colours and yes, she's a little girl.

The things this poor girl is bound to come across...
Max McGee
My room definitely falls more into the subtly creepy/atmospheric category than anything actually scary.

It also makes the LARGE visual assumption that it is DAY out in game. Let me know if it is actually NIGHT. I will alter the pseudo-lighting accordingly.
It doesn't matter whether you make your rooms to be during the day or the night.

Almost anything you do will fit into the boundaries of this game.

That said, got another submission. Woo~
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
My submissions have been essentially done for days now, but I will wait for the deadline to see if I want to change anything. I have classes M-Th so I can't really work on it now.

As for the system, I will still try to come up with something decent and if I don't my vote is for the dark blue one.
That's okay. If you can't come up with one I might just whip something up quickly. IT probably won't be fancy but it'll suit a bit better than the default ones. :P
Max McGee
author=arcan
My submissions have been essentially done for days now, but I will wait for the deadline to see if I want to change anything. I have classes M-Th so I can't really work on it now.

As for the system, I will still try to come up with something decent and if I don't my vote is for the dark blue one.

???