~ MANOR MAP MADNESS ~ (SIGN UPS)

author=Faenon
author=Faenon
Is there any chance I could use the end result of this event in my game if I contribute to it and also give credit, d'you think?
Also, please can I have my PM directive? Thanks!

Well, I'm not sure that it will fit into the feel of your game very well, but if no-one objects to your using their maps then I can't see why not - though you'll obviously have to give credit for each map and ask the permission of each person. It might be better to make your own, though, so it fits the tone of your game.

author=Sillydan
If I may. I'd like to make a basement like a winecellar or something like that :D i am already ready for the details! :D And... Can you reserve about 30 switches and 20 variables for me ;D?

Oh, you're a lucky one! The random draw likes you enough to have already given you something like you asked for. :D
As for the switches, okay. Just remember to follow the naming rules~
Oh! I could start today as well. It would be cool since I can work more during the weekends.
I've been wondering how the gameplay will be in the finished result.
Will everything be accessible and it's just free exploration, or will it be similar to Luigi's Mansion with obtainable keys to unlock rooms?
I know it's aimed primarily towards atmosphere, but just as a thing to make it more of a game.
author=Zephyr
Will everything be accessible and it's just free exploration, or will it be similar to Luigi's Mansion with obtainable keys to unlock rooms?
I know it's aimed primarily towards atmosphere, but just as a thing to make it more of a game.

I think that is still up in the air, but from what Liberty has told me, the mansion has three floors and some areas will have restricted access. Personally, I'd love to touch base with other rooms and see if we can't have similar themes are combined puzzle mechanics.
author=Zephyr

Yeah, I've had a few questions about this and while I'd like to keep a lot of it hush-hush so as to surprise you all I will let loose a few details.

- It will be exploration but there will be some areas that are off-limits at the start.
- There will be three main floors.
- Anything you put together will be easily added so don't think that what you do will be too weird or boring to fit with everyone else. The conformity is in the graphics. :D
- At the end it will be playable and there will be a character to play as.
- If you want to have a combined puzzle aspect just let me know what kind of 'something' you need. For instance, if you want someone with another room to have a switch-based 'item' to be found let me know and I'll let them know or I'll add it in afterwards.

I think that's enough information for now, though. I don't want to ruin the surprise too much! ^.^
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Quick question: If I follow the naming conventions, could I insert a resource that isn't of my own creation? I was thinking a few posts ago about music files, and I can work with the various RTP music files I have on this laptop of mine, but I would like to know what is allowed or not allowed.
May I have my room soon?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=pyrodoom
May I have my room soon?

It starts on the 3rd of October. Which is two days hence (give or take). Patience. Good things come to those who wait.
author=Marrend
Quick question: If I follow the naming conventions, could I insert a resource that isn't of my own creation? I was thinking a few posts ago about music files, and I can work with the various RTP music files I have on this laptop of mine, but I would like to know what is allowed or not allowed.

Dear God Yes! Just a note: if anyone uses the RTP music be warned that it will be cut and replaced (unless it somehow fits perfectly). Sounds, I don't care, but the RTP music is not conducive to good atmosphere. Just an FYI. :P

Also, I did say that if people wanted to start earlier they could let me know and I'd send them the information they need. That still stands.

pyro: sending you a PM in 3... 2... 1...
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Oh yeah might as well send me my room too, get started early!
author=Tau
Oh yeah might as well send me my room too, get started early!
YES!Tilesets have to be my own right?
Tilesets are found in the Original post (at the bottom). You may edit them as you like, as long as they are kept in the same style and are renamed properly (this is all in the first post :P)
...yeah...anyways, I'm already done with my Library, and it's supposed to be a haunted house thing...right? Because, I scared the shit out of myself doing this. Pretty much, the background music plays, and when it plays completely 1 time, the game goes insane. I hope it's allowed! And I suggest you play it and see...hehehe. I'll compress it and PM it to you soon.

Edit:If this is for a game your making, can you fix the events just in case my eventing messes up the game?
As long as you didn't use common events it should be fine. I'm looking forward to seeing it!
author=Liberty
As long as you didn't use common events it should be fine. I'm looking forward to seeing it!
O.K., good, I have no common events, should I pm you or just put it here?
author=Liberty
PM please.

O.K., and if you DO test it, once you figure some things out, wait for a little while...if you're like me, you'll come close to shitting your pants...hehehe
Okay, so all the first round map details have been sent. If you don't receive them today, drop me a line and I'll resend.

You all have until the 17th of October to finish your maps. You can hand them in before then via PM if you're done early.

ALSO - Those of you with secondary rooms will receive your details tomorrow. This gives others a chance to look over their current map details and decide whether or not they want/have time to do a second room.

If you want a second room, let me know by tomorrow - we've gone past the normal manor rooms so the next batch are more... interesting. :P

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WE ARE USING THE MACK TILES FOUND HERE! :P
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
I'll take a second room.
Gibmaker
I hate RPG Maker because of what it has done to me
Is it too late to join? :X