WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT? (GAME DEVELOPMENT EDITION)

Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Well, are you married to the idea of having an Inn do the healing? Perhaps travelling priests that charge a fee instead?

If you are though, the town should be a considerable length to justify it. Taking an extra 10 seconds to dash to the middle of town from either side to get to the inn isn't THAT inconvenient unless there's no auto-dash or something.
unity
You're magical to me.
Yeah, I guess you're right. I'm probably over-thinking things XD
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Currently tearing my hair out figuring out how to make prices in Myriad Cypher fluctuate. As of this writing, I can manage having them fluctuate with each "Buy" or "Sell", but, would prefer them to fluctuate with each "Marketplace". If that makes any sense.

*Edit: There is one trick I haven't tried yet, so, if that doesn't work, I'll probably die for the umpteenth time scrap the idea forever for now.

*Edit2: Aaaannnnnddd... scrapped!
Seiromem
I'm thinking about how I start a game, manage to get the intro out of the way, then start on the gameplay. I have lots of fun designing it, testing it etc. then I realize "Oh, hey, time to progress the plot!" then I go "ugh" and exit out rpgmaker.
Maybe actually writing out a plot would help, or perhaps scrap the plot completely! But I like plot. I just hate trying to think of a way to develop it. Curses.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
You can build one inn closer to one of the dungeons and the second or a traveling monk guarding a campfire in the second dungeon (close to an exit).

Edit: My search of Wild west faces took terribly long and didn't come to a proper fruition. Time to do some mapping and database work and all that other important jazz.
Currently thinking about the appropriate amount of test 'missions' I should do for my game, before I move on to really getting down to the nitty gritty of making mission control. Feel like I should have gotten that first, but I wanted to get the basic stuff down first so the whole game feels right from combat up.
Marrend
Thinking about bar rumors for Myriad Cypher. I figure they should be 50% game-facts, 50% flavor-text, 50% complete junk, and 100% random.

Though, "flavor-text" is something of an issue at the moment. The game doesn't really have a story, or background that would suggest one flavor over another. I guess it depends on how much I want to base it on the short story that was Arbiter's Code. Though, there's also the extended introduction that Jeroen_Sol wrote that I cut out because, Darigaaz, that was insanely long to sit through.
Step 1: Learn how to move a 3d model through 3d space while retaining a 2d camera and movement scheme. Easy enough once I learn the language. Step 2: Figure out how to cause the camera to rotate into a secondary 2d plane when the 3d object heads into a northbound pathway, causing camera movement to become S -> N, rather than W -> E. This may take some time. Step 3: Profit.

First two steps that I can realistically do to make a pseudo open world side scrolling beat-em'-up in Unity 3D... once I'm in a position to access tutorials anyways. =.=;

That aside, I am working on way too many RPGMaker projects that are making absolutely no headway for a myriad of different reasons. These reasons vary from problems with story to lack of scripting knowledge to a general feeling of 'who'd play this?'.

For example, there is a title-less game that I'm working on where the player plays as a demon girl with an Action Battle System in place and randomly placed events, but really no thoughts for storyline. So far what I've set up is fun enough. The player runs around a heavily pitfall filled area, fighting off randomly placed enemies with the goal of earning gold and gaining levels and abilities, eventually meeting the requirements to open the boss gate. There needs to be more balancing in place as the boss more or less turns you into a fine paste in one hit, but that's not what's important right now.

The real problem right now is figuring out what the demon girl that is the player even really does. I'd rather not make a game with no plotline or an excuse plotline. For this there are two main possibilities in my mind: The demon girl is some sort of demon lord trying to take out several other demon lords for no currently identifiable reason, or the demon girl is a demon in the service of being summoned and is therefore summoned by several different people for varying reasons throughout the game.

Well, most of the problems (other than some shortcomings of the ABS =.=;) can likely be overcome if I just keep hacking at it with the rusty cleaver of determination, so I should probably just do that... Sometime... In the near future... Probably...
Actually, healing is a interesting subject; I do not intend to let anyone heal in my game without either A.Finding a shaman/priest or B.Finding bandages that will heal your wounds. But then again, the game takes place in a low fantasy wasteland that focuses more on survival and resource management; My reasoning is that a swordsman may know how to use bandages, but not how to fix major wounds. And seeing how magic is extremely rare, it's not going to be used as a healing mechanic except rarely.

I've also made saving tied to a purchasable item, that is used after each save. I think it fits the theme, but I'm worried it might put the player off.
I've found limited saves can be good, if you tie them to some skill based mechanic. Not an RPG example, but They Bleed Pixels gives you checkpoints in the stage when you've acquired enough points from combos, basically rewarding you for doing really well with combos and such by giving you more checkpoints in places you choose.
author=Sated
I've also made saving tied to a purchasable item, that is used after each save. I think it fits the theme, but I'm worried it might put the player off.
I always found that mechanic retarded in Resident Evil games. Then again, I was also someone who had to share consoles with lots of siblings as a child, so the fact that I had to save often in a game that discouraged saving often probably didn't help my opinion of said system.

The problem with RE saving is that it never really became a problem since you could just reload and make sure to save a little further in if you had a bad save. I like it though, it's just easy to abuse.
Hey Guys!
I have finally got enough courage to create a bleach game on the RPG maker using some of the format from the DS game Bleach: 3rd Phantom. As you guys might not know, that game was actually written by the author "Tite Kubo" himself so I will be incorporating all of that in the game i have planned. right now Tite Kubo said that he might give me some of the characters past info that is not something you can find anywhere else, because I am thinking on doing a bleach game that starts on the formation of the ZERO division, how Bankai was established with the 13 court guards, the Visaad and then the ichigo and later arc with the possibility of even being able to create your own character. Any one interested in this WIP?
@Robbles_Quin: あなたわばかだいよ?
Look Robbles_Quin, this is a design conversation topic, in a design oriented thread. It's about talking about a game in progress, a system in progress and stating your thoughts out loud. It's not the place for advertising new game projects; HELP ME! is designed for that.
I was going to let it pass, but then you started claiming that it was written by Tite Kubo. The same Tite "Oh, let's release a chapter once a month and for all of December 2014 not work" Kubo. The man who is as lazy as the infamous Kinoko Nasu.

More then that, he has a deal with Shukan Shonen Jampu, that in turn released games on major platforms such as the PS3, and Nintendo DS. AND~~~ You think he is going to sell his licence to game made with rpg maker. Look, maybe you are in Japan on a government sponsored visa or not (It only takes roughly 80 people a year, so odds are against you on that), but if you are in Japan and follow the subculture, you definitely would know that Mangaka don't take many apprentices, or even associate with normal japanese people often. Do yourself a favor, go to the Arakawa and wash your head before you try to argue that this is true, that a multi-million dollar franchise's licence will be sold (And mark you, it will have to be purchased for rights!) to a RPG Maker Developer.
You want to make a fan game, good! Great on you. I'll love to play it and review it. But you want to say it's by Tite Kubo, then you have some reality you need to see.
unity
You're magical to me.
Would it be awkward to have both a touch-enemy encounter system and a semi-random encounter system (a bar fills up as you walk, when it is full, a battle) in the same game? What if the two types of encounters are each only seen in clearly visually similar areas (like if touch encounters only existed while you're in a weird dream world, for example).
Seiromem
As long as you have a believable reason for why there are random encounters it could work, and to of course keep them separate like you said.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
There are tons of games that have a handful of battles in key locations inside of dungeons that also have random battles. Pokemon is one of the biggest examples of a series that does so constantly throughout the entire game, and uses the intersecting touch encounter and random encounter zones to make the area design be far more interesting than it would be otherwise. But it's hard to even name a game that doesn't do it occasionally in a few places in the game. Often such battles take the form of minibosses, but sometimes it's just that you want a slightly harder battle to only occur once, or you want to make sure the player can't run from every single battle, or you want to have some dialogue before or after the battle, so you put a group of guards blocking an exit.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Seiromem
As long as you have a believable reason for why there are random encounters it could work, and to of course keep them separate like you said.

author=LockeZ
There are tons of games that have a handful of battles in key locations inside of dungeons that also have random battles. Pokemon is one of the biggest examples of a series that does so constantly throughout the entire game, and uses the intersecting touch encounter and random encounter zones to make the area design be far more interesting than it would be otherwise. But it's hard to even name a game that doesn't do it occasionally in a few places in the game. Often such battles take the form of minibosses, but sometimes it's just that you want a slightly harder battle to only occur once, or you want to make sure the player can't run from every single battle, or you want to have some dialogue before or after the battle, so you put a group of guards blocking an exit.

Cool, good points! It seems like, as usual, I was over-thinking things XD

Thanks, guys! :D
Marrend
More Myriad musings.

Test battle against 3 mercenaries was devastating. At least without using missiles. Though, the fact that I couldn't defeat one before blowing up myself really rubs me the wrong way, I'll still see how bad it is with missiles.