RMN BATTLEDOME! VOTING!

Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
After the revolt of the gladiators during the Fight Fest tournament, fans craved action.
Suddenly, Planet Simizeus releases the...

The Ultimate Robot Battle Championship is coming up...
Do you have what it takes to build the best robot
and take home the Champion Cup?!

Mini-Comic Prelude

The Voting
1. Survey the opponents.
2. Study the stats, weapons and fighting style.
3. Conclude in your head, who would win.
4. Post your results here, or PM me. (Discussion is acceptable too!)

Current Ultimate Robot Battle Championship Chart

*black is beat
*white is won
*blue hasn't fought yet / ready to fight.

First Match Winner - Kentona!

Kentona - Muay Thai chip. Sponsor: Great Galaxy Containers Team: READY!
rabitZ - Singlestick chip. Team: Beacon of Elders. Sponsor: Prism Corp. READY! May the Force be with you...

Second Match Winner - chana!

15. chana - Sumo chip. Team: The HARLEQUIN Team. Sponsor: Fatfood's Beercker. READY!
K-hos - El Juego del Garrote chip. Team: TOST Sponsor: Tost R&D. READY!

Third Match Winner - Jude!

superBlast - Schwingen chip. Team: The superBlasters. Sponsor: Mr. Bob's Intersteller Fireworks. READY!
Jude - Lucha Libre chip. Team: Jude. Sponsor: Private Investor. READY!

Fourth Match TIE!

Camupins - Vale Tudo chip. Team: Rainbow Bunny. Sponsor: Rainbow Bunny Robot Company. READY!
Versalia - Zui Quan chip. Sponsor: Olaf the Red Vodka Company. READY!

END OF TIER ONE!

Mini-Comic Intermission

TIER TWO!

Fifth Match Winner - Irili!

Irili - Taekwondo chip. Team: 'Odious Oddities'. Sponsor: Galaxy Break. READY!
Zeuzio - Tinku chip. Team: Primordial Flare. Sponsor: Standard Solar, Inc. READY!

Sixth Match Winner - Kentona!

Gourd_Clae - Bando chip. Team: 'Malicious Defenders'. Sponsor: FUNt animal activistists. READY!

Seventh Match Winner - Killer Wolf!

Rhyme - Silat chip. Sponsor: :D Corps. READY!
Killer Wolf - Kino Mutai chip. Team: The Wolfpack! Sponsor: SFPCL. READY!

Eighth Match Winner - Ark

12. Link_2112 - Vacón chip. Sponsor: Star Slicers. READY
5. Ark - Jailhouse Rock chip. Sponsor: Tower Tech. READY!

Ninth Match Winner - NewBlack!

chana - Sumo chip. Team: The HARLEQUIN Team. Sponsor: Fatfood's Beercker. READY!
NewBlack - Jeet Kun Do chip. Team: 'The Howitzers of Parliament'. Sponsor: Parliament Brewing Co. READY!

Tenth Match Winner - Camupins!

Jude - Lucha Libre chip. Team: Jude. Sponsor: Private Investor. READY!
Camupins - Vale Tudo chip. Team: Rainbow Bunny. Sponsor: Rainbow Bunny Robot Company. READY!

Eleventh Match Winner - Alterego!

alterego - Kalaripayatu chip. Team: ToughLove. Sponsor: The ToughLove Foundation. READY!
Marrend - Tomoi chip. Team: Ahkdabelthtimbor ("A-Team"). Sponsor: Radim Xerran Zetathran Industries. READY!

Twelth Match Winner - Versalia!

Shinan - Bokator chip. Sponsor: GRU. READY!

TIER THREE!

Thirteenth Match Winner - Kentona!

Irili - Taekwondo chip. Team: 'Odious Oddities'. Sponsor: Galaxy Break. READY!

Fourteenth Match Winner - Ark!

Killer Wolf - Kino Mutai chip. Team: The Wolfpack! Sponsor: SFPCL. READY!
Ark - Jailhouse Rock chip. Sponsor: Tower Tech. READY!

Fifteenth Match Winner - NewBlack!

NewBlack - Jeet Kun Do chip. Team: 'The Howitzers of Parliament'. Sponsor: Parliament Brewing Co. READY!

Sixteenth Match Winner - alterego!

alterego - Kalaripayatu chip. Team: ToughLove. Sponsor: The ToughLove Foundation. READY!

TIER FOUR!

Seventeenth Match Winner - Kentona!

Controller Name: Glss MrckLss
Race: Lizodo
He is a bit of a shady character, and very suspicious of everyone around him. He is however, very patient and calculating, and will wait until things are just right before making his move. He is not above lying or cheating to get what he wants.

Sponsor Name: Great Galaxy Containers
This is a Lizodo-run company, and the galactic police suspect that it is just a front for a huge smuggling organization, but they can't seem to find the evidence they need. On the surface, though, this company creates or refurbishes plasteel containers, used in the shipping industry, mainly for volatile or rare materials. The wealth and influence of this company is largely unknown.

Robot: BR-0
Chip: Muay Thai
HEALTH: 10 +50 = 60
ATTACK: 10 +90 = 100
DEFENSE: 10 +19 = 29
AGILITY: 10 +90 = 100
ENERGY: 10 +40 = 50

Whetanium Arm Shield x4
Rocket Fist x2
Tracking Sensor
Shock Kick x2
Gatling Gun x2

Front view position, and in combat-ready position
As a muay thai fighter, BR-0 relies on quick strikes, quick blocking and powerful short range attacks. 4 whetanium shields are affixed, one on each limb, for maximized defense and striking ability. 2 shoulder mounted gattling guns provide limited range support, if the situation requires it. A tracking sensor helps BR-0 deal with long range attacks against him. With his 4 shields, BR-0 can turtle to withstand heavy barrage of attacks, if needed. His shoulder and hip joints are anti-gravity repulsor joints, allowing for unfettered flexibility.
----------------------------
ATAC mk.5

Controller

Sponsor: Tower Tech. A goblin-run prison system that uses in-mates as entertainment; Running Man style.
Weapons:
Rocket Fist x2
Shotguns (in knuckles) x6
Tower Shield x2 (rest in back like beetle shell, and manuver to front for defence.
Stats:
Health: 80
Attack: 75
Defense: 85
Agility: 40
Energy: 60

Eighteenth Match Winner - alterego!

Calling the Kalaripayattu chip...

Shiva-X5 "The destroyer" A bot with a perfect balance between offense and defense, and specialized in neutralizing its enemies.
Katar of Light x4 Sabre of Light x1 Whetanium Shield x2 Energy Stealer x4 Tracking sensor x1
Health: 74 Attack: 74 Defense: 33 Agility: 74 Energy: 33

Controlled by Vidyaa. An extra-ordinary human child with an over-sized head brain, capable of unmatched telekinetic powers.

Sponsored by The ToughLove Foundation, and its campaign for awareness and vaccination against the Legion Virus.

Go, Team ToughLove!
---------------
Team Name: The Howitzers of Parliament

Controller: Alexander Eyrie
(plus a load of pointless fluff, please ignore typos ._. ):

Sponsor: Parliament Brewing Co.

Robot: Glaucus Mk. I + typos

Loadout:

Available Funds: 300,000

1 - *Gatling Gun
2 - *Tracking Sensor
3 - *Rocket Fist (actually propellor-powered lower arm that flies off)
4 - *Grabber Blades (Equivalent to crab claw in function when in grabby mode, plz?)

Tuning:

Available Funds: 296,000

HEALTH: 10 + 66 = 76
ATTACK: 10 + 70 = 80
DEFENSE: 10 + 60 = 70
AGILITY: 10 + 40 = 50
ENERGY: 10 + 60 = 70

Funds Remaning: 0

Final Tier!

Bronze Match! Winner - Ark!

---------------

Final Match! Winner - Kentona!

-------

Winner of the Ultimate Robot Battles
KENTONA!

Finale Comic

How will it end?!

Glss and Andy VS Huge Mecha!

Voting is now closed. Final pages are pending.
I'm loving the art, Dudesoft. :3

Quick question, though. If you're in the current round, could you potentially post your battle strategy in the thread? Or do we have to go with what we wrote in our original descriptions?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'd think it'd be wicked-cool to roleplay the fight blow-by-blow. However, I'd bet there would be a mess ton of complications associated with that. Unless the blow-by-blow roleplay happens on IRC, or something?

Did I seriously just suggest going into IRC?
Hmmm...I think Beacon of Elders. I know the robot has significantly lower agility, but with his high attack, he could probably wipe out robot BR-0 in a few hits.
author=Irili
Hmmm...I think Beacon of Elders. I know the robot has significantly lower agility, but with his high attack, he could probably wipe out robot BR-0 in a few hits.
He has to hit him though! Check out BR-0's agility and 4 whetanium shields.
@kentona: Fair point. I don't know that the shields would do that much for defense though since BR-0's defense is so low. Also, Jedibot has an 'Energy Stealer' which means BR-0 isn't going to last long. If Br-0 can get his hits in quick then he has a chance. Also, Jedibot has a higher HP and DEF which means it can take a lot more hits. I just don't think BR-0 can tough out the fight for the long run like Jedibot can.
Definitely Kentona's bot. With RabitZ low agility compared to Kentona's high one, it would be near impossible to hit him. Though, a few hits would hurt, with Kentona's agility, he could easily fend them off. Though, the ligth sabre goes through metal easily, so Kentona can't block forever.

Winner: BR-O
Best Stats: BR-0 -- Max Attack and Max Agility vs. very low agility... yeah.
Best Weapons: Jedibot -- It certainly has a more impressive arsenal, although BR-0's shield's were a good call
Best Strategy: BR-0 -- All that speed is a major asset in BR-0's strategy, I assume. Dodge and block all the other robot's attacks while landing blows left and right with massive force.

WINNER: BR-0

EDIT:

Overall I'd say both robots were very worthy contenders. It was a tough choice!
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
author=Irili
@kentona: Fair point. I don't know that the shields would do that much for defense though since BR-0's defense is so low. Also, Jedibot has an 'Energy Stealer' which means BR-0 isn't going to last long. If Br-0 can get his hits in quick then he has a chance. Also, Jedibot has a higher HP and DEF which means it can take a lot more hits. I just don't think BR-0 can tough out the fight for the long run like Jedibot can.

This, and Jedibot is overall much better balanced, which, I think, makes THE difference all in all.
I vote : Beacon of elders.
author=Gourd_Clae
Definitely Kentona's bot. With RabitZ low agility compared Kentona's high one, it would be near impossible to it him. Though, a few hits wwould hurt, with Kentona's agility, he could easily fend theem off. Though, the ligth sabre goes through metal easily, so Kentona can't block forever.
I have no idea if whetanium can block lightsabres!

...this one is a tough battle (and I can't vote), but I think it'd be a close fight either way!
Well, "With his 4 shields, BR-0 can turtle to withstand heavy barrage of attacks, if needed. His shoulder and hip joints are anti-gravity repulsor joints, allowing for unfettered flexibility."

Seems you could easily move your limbs quickly enough to block at least a few times. While still attacking with your convenient shoulder gun.
rabitZ
amusing tassadar, your taste in companionship grows ever more inexplicable
author=kentona
...this one is a tough battle (and I can't vote), but I think it'd be a close fight either way!

Yeah, I agree.
My hope is that Jedibot's Whetanium Arm Shield and Crustacean Plate can hold him up enough to unleash his Lightsabre and Flash Freeze Bombs (And Missile Pods at point blank-range)

I hope to see at least one cool picture of both robots in mid-battle! :) *wink wink dudesoft*
Has anyone given any thought about the fighting styles these robots are meant to employ? (For Muay Thai, just youtube some Tony Jaa movie clips, I guess) I would have to look up the singlestick fighting style - I have no idea what that's like.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Right, I forgot to look those up : ...well, they really don't go together, I'll say! Is Muay Thai ever violent, jeez.

This is Tony Jaa in clips from 2 of his movies.
Ho hum. As Kentona pointed out, the styles should probably play a role in the outcome. Muay Thai seems more ferocious as far as fighting goes. But then you take into account that it's sword vs. limbs. Kicking a blade isn't generally a good idea.

Also, Jedibot has quite a few limbs that appear as very vulnerable. Take out one and it's going to be moving even slower than before.

This seems like a pretty even match. There will be blood...er...motor oil.
rabitZ

Well, I imagined singlestick as a way of short range fencing, so... not too shabby in close quarters either.

EDIT: a video!
I think it will come down to whether a whetanium shield can block or deflect a Sabre of Light.

Whetanium Arm Shield – Withstand a close-ranged weapon or attack, Whetanium is nigh indestructible! However, it is very rare, so only small shields can be made!

Sabres of Light – Using a rare gemstone found on only one planet in the far-reaches of the RMNverse, it creates a long and thin blade of light energy. Similar to the technology used by Discus Infernum, the winner of the Fight Fest a few years ago. This can slice most metal with ease, or be stabbed slowly in to melt anything.

We need a ruling, methinks!
author=kentona
We need a ruling, methinks!

Indeed.
rabitZ
Yeah! We could use a ruling...

Flash Freeze Bomb – Launch this shell from the launcher and watch as the flash-freezing gel brings anything it touches to -90°C in seconds!

Also it'd be good to know if whetanium can be frozen???