RMN V4.3 BUGS

Youtube linker text entry in edit profile is busted:

Hello RPGMaker.net team!

I was just letting you know that the linker for people's youtube channels is broken. The reason is because the linker goes to a "/user/" domain and youtube has changed it to a "/channel/" domain.

Current linker domain setup - "https://www.youtube.com/user/"

Required linker domain setup - "https://www.youtube.com/channel/"

Please fix!
Youtube!

removing whitespace around the video is a good change so I can accept a thing breaking
So, apparently, I can’t seem to re-subscribe to a game that I deleted my subscription for a long time ago, but I remember that you could do so before. So am I going crazy or is this just a glitch?
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
The top bar of the site seems to dislike the long title of the current "Important" notice:

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I seem to recall the top bar breaking with the RMN Christmas Card thread at some point as well. However, I think a thread's author might be the only one with the permission to change the thread's title?
Occasionally when I've gone to nominate a game for the Misaos, half the categories disappear from selection. For example: best storytelling, protagonist, antagonist, Shyamalan, finale, gameplay balance, fan game, most fun, old-school, sleeper hit, and game of the year all did not load for the last game I clicked on. Is this a bug or do some games not qualify for some categories or something?
Some games don't qualify
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Yeah, this feels like a bug.

I went and tested it myself on The Journey to Medulla and Black Crystals game pages to check their nomination status. Both games were submitted within two months of each other, are incomplete, and have no demo, but Black Crystals has double the categories to nominate for than The Journey to Medulla.

The only difference I see is that Journey to Medulla has more genre tags than Black Crystals, which makes no sense since the former has fewer categories.

Anyone see anything different in those two games? Unless I'm missing something obvious, I don't think it's fair that some games have more categories to be nominated for than others.
Well, the game I was talking about was Mechanima. I agree it doesn't sound fair, or even logical, so that's why I presumed it was a bug.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Unless my memory is foggy, when I first got here, weren't games without downloads disqualified from Misaos in the first place? I can see them being nominated for the art work categories, but why can I nominate a game for Game of the Year when I can't even play the game? Hm...

EDIT:
...Uh, the other big difference I see between Black Crystals, Medulla, and Mechanima is the subscriber count. Do you need a minimum subscriber count to open your game up for the rest of the categories? I know Misaos are mostly a popularity contest, but I wasn't expecting that to be so... literal.
depends on whether there is a download, and unfinished vs finished, with exceptions for episodic games (since it isn't feasible to assume completeness of an episodic game programmatically)
Red_Nova
Ah, I'm blind and missed the episodic tag on Black Crystals. That's why it can be nominated for everything.

It should be simple to compare the # of episodes completed to # of possible episodes, and 0 completed episodes and TBD max episodes automatically disqualify it from the rest of the categories. I guess the code base isn't set up to allow that?
Right, fair enough (I completely forgot about incomplete games as a thing XD).
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Listen Aremen favors some gams and disfavors some gams

which is why we should all praise Nemera who wishes unmaking on all gams equally
@kentona: If need be we can manually weed out those games that aren't -really- complete from the nominations list, right?

You know, that @tag idea may actually be something we should look in to.
author=Liberty
@kentona: If need be we can manually weed out those games that aren't -really- complete from the nominations list, right?

You know, that @tag idea may actually be something we should look in to.

sure! probably! maybe!
I just recall it being a thing last time where a game was nominated for a category it shouldn't have been in and we removed it manually. I think.
author=Red_Nova
Yeah, this feels like a bug.

I went and tested it myself on The Journey to Medulla and Black Crystals game pages to check their nomination status. Both games were submitted within two months of each other, are incomplete, and have no demo, but Black Crystals has double the categories to nominate for than The Journey to Medulla.

The only difference I see is that Journey to Medulla has more genre tags than Black Crystals, which makes no sense since the former has fewer categories.

Anyone see anything different in those two games? Unless I'm missing something obvious, I don't think it's fair that some games have more categories to be nominated for than others.

Hello... Journey to Medulla is my game, I've just uploaded my Demo. What was the nominations for or if there was an issue with my game etc... Just checking. Sorry. Late to the party I know.
Not sure if this is a bug or maybe I'm using Youtube wrong, but whenever I want to share a video and get a url from youtube it looks like this:

https://youtu.be/luzpLgCUl9g or
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=luzpLgCUl9g

However that doesn't work with RMN's youtube tag. For that tag to work, the url needs to look like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luzpLgCUl9g

Can the site be made to work with the youtu.be links, if not, where exactly am I supposed to get the watch link when I'm looking at my youtube dashboard?