LET'S PLAY! FINAL FANTASY IV EDITION! ALSO A GENERAL FINAL FANTASY DISCUSSION TOPIC

That sounds boring as hell. Who does LPs like that? Why can't I just speak the commentary?
Wait, how do you look at a video and read commentary at the same time...?

Anyway I like it. It's not perfect, but I watched the whole thing and they'll only get better as you do more of them so please continue. I don't know about doing it for FFIV, though. I mean you've been skipping most of the battles and stuff with the screenshots and RPGs aren't really fast-paced. Wouldn't you run out of things to talk about?
Not really, Let's Plays for RPGs are done really often, mostly because they end up more interesting than "I got this treasure box" or "I used Fira on this boss over and over again."

As for running out of things to talk about, honestly that happens more with screenshots than videos, because honestly sometimes I have no idea what to say to accompany a certain screen sometimes. With a video, the action is constantly flowing.
YDS
member of the bull moose party
Hm, more like two characters. Palom and Parom have always been a favorite.
Bah, I'll probably just stick to screenshots. I do however tend on finishing the Streets of Rage LP though.
That video was pretty hilarious man, nice work with commentary. I enjoyed it.
I actually wouldn't mind you speaking the commentary. This was more interesting than some of the other LPs I've seen.
Actually yeah, now that I think about it it'd probably be a lot better in video form. However you decide to do it, though, it's pretty cool stuff. I can't wait to see more.
I find the voice a little distracting... but if it works it works.
I've always liked Video LPs much more than just screenshots and you did a good job with it. I'd like to see a video LP of FF4, but its going to be more work for you. Maybe you could just do a video every now and then?

Kain, Golbez, and Rosa are chillin (okay maybe not Rosa is chillin) somewhere, in a place unlike any we've ever seen.

Golbez calls up some minion of his, and it's none other than one of the Four Elemental Fiends. In the original, his name was Milon (which never really made sense), but in the retranslation, it's now Scarmiglione, which makes sense for the Dante's Inferno theme you'll see later.

How the hell does he know this?

Yeah, Kain?! Aren't they getting interesting?! It is pretty interesting, given you betrayed us and all! Remember that, Kain? Remember when you betrayed us?! Wasn't that fun? Huh, Kain?!

Golbez shuts Kain's ass up. I'm going to take this opportunity to give a little exposition on Kain right here. This is from the Settei Shiryu.

Captain of the Dragon Knight Corps. Cain's father was also a previous Dragon Knight Corps captain, and so his son has followed in his footsteps. This, however, is only the start of a long history. Cain's parents died when he was young. Since his father was a particularly active and vigilant captain in those days, rumors flew about that he was assassinated.

The members of the Dragon Knight Corps fell to squabbling and chaos; only the fallen captain's dragon held true to his memory, still faithfully awaiting his return. The dragon's devotion touched the hearts of the Dragon Knights and spurred them to regroup. The dragon, however, continued to waste away nonetheless. The corps member who eventually saved the dragon who had grown weak was Cain. Due to his great ability to connect with dragons, Cain was appointed captain of the Dragon Knight Corps.

Crazy stuff, eh?

Meanwhile, back on Mt. Ordeals...it's pretty rough, actually. There really aren't any treasures that are too useful, and the enemies are difficult and numerous. Due to Cecil's Dark Sword, I don't really do jack squat to any of them, and I'm almost totally dependent on Palom to do any damage.

Luckily, sort of, we meet Tellah a little bit up. He's rambling on about Meteor, and I seriously want to tell him he's in the wrong place, but hey, he's old.

Ah, what the hell.

An old wizard who lives in the remote village of Kaipo. When he was young, he was a famed wise man living in Mysidia, unraveling one ancient magical seal after another with his abilities. One day, however, he unleashed a magic beyond the limits his abilities to control, the effects of which ended up wounding many mages.
Tella looked into his heart and left Mysidia. He moved to a faraway village, married an ordinary woman, and produced a lone daughter, Anna. Since he lost his wife early on, he has transferred all his loving feelings to Anna.
Now, because of his age, he has forgotten most of the magic he mastered. Fortunately, his former reputation as a wizard is completely unknown even to his daughter Anna, and so he passes his days in peace, as an ordinary person.

I explain my plight to Tellah, and he tells me about Meteor, the ultimate spell that's apparently sealed on this mountain. He wisely decided to try to learn that before confronting Golbez, which is a wise move, because frankly without it, Tellah would get his shit stomped in. However, the downside is that using Meteor pretty much wastes you.

With Tellah with us, it's a little easier going up, but it's still pretty difficult considering I have a party of mages and a useless Dark Knight. This is the most difficult dungeon so far, bar none.

And sooner, rather than later, I'm seriously running low on MP, and I'm wearing out fast. How am I going to make this?

And Palom farts.

Wait, no he didn't.

Thank God.

STOP FARTIN' PALOM

Yeah, it's Palom's funk comin' from his butt.

Well that's just no good. I'd like to also add that this guy isn't as hard as he puffs himself up to be.

This battle isn't too hard at all. The Zombies cast Drain over and over (which doesn't do much damage), and Scar himself just casts a bitch ass Thunder over and over again. A Bluffed Fira from Palom and a Fira from Tellah clears the enemy part down to just Scar here.

Seriously, what a little bitch. We continue on our merry way, until...

Oh shit. In a impressive trump move, he comes at us from the back with his true form, this ugly thing with horns and such.

What this does is poisons us when he hits us. Poison in this game isn't exceedingly deadly, but it's something that you can still go without in a battle like this. However, I want to try something, given that Scar in this form isn't too difficult.

I wonder what would happen if I just used Bluff over and over again? Does it stack? How high can it go, and how much damage could I do to Scar here if I Bluffed Fira about ten or so times?

Over 4000 points of damage, that's what.

Our good buddy Scar here bites the dust with just one casting of this. Seriously, that was pretty extreme!

Don't call me son, cuz you sure ain't my pops. Bonus cookie to anyone who got that.

Nice shiny shit going on here. But, nobody has any idea who this voice is or what he's really talking about.

However, mystical mirrored rooms and mythic disembodied voices are always secondary to shiny swords and shit.

YES.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_Vision_(Foreigner_album)

Yeah, that's what Cecil looks like under his armor. (barring the new clothes and whatnot). Personally, I thought he was going to be a gruff, Basch looking guy, but whatever.

Let the battle begin...against myself? I gotz a new shiny sword, too, and it does pretty great damage.

But my 'shadow' sure as hell doesn't stand there and take it like a bitch, as his Dark Wave does about 100 damage to me easy.

"A true paladin, will sheathe his sword." A.K.A being a bitch wins battles. Specifically this one. Actually, this is a clue as to what you're supposed to do in this one; stand still and get pounded, don't attack or anything. Eventually...

Um.

This is not only (obviously significant from a plotwise perspective, but it's extremely significant from a gameplay perspective as well. I'll explain that later.

Oh no, it's not like that statement is foreshadowing for a plot point later on in the game, no sir.

Good news! Unfortunately, his MP pool is really shitty, so I can only really use like one high level spell at a time.

And Tellah actually DOES learn this spell, but the MP cost is so high you'll never actually use it all things considered. Thanks, Tellah.

I guess I skipped this. Basically, the twins were spies for Mysida to keep an eye on Cecil. I really doubt they were told to kill him or anything, since they well, I really doubt they could!

Let's roll out.

LEVEL ONE!? OH NOES! Actually, Level One Paladin Cecil is still stronger than Level Twenty Dark Knight Cecil! Crazy, no? Time to go back towards Mysidia.

Cecil is as strong as ever, and with (very basic) White Magic and a new Cover ability for party members low on HP, he's even better now. Although I kinda miss his Dark Sword attack.

Okay, let's go for a test run. Tellah is actually pretty cool with magic, even though he doesn't have too much MP, his spells are still strong.

Gained some levels on the way, Cecil is growing steadily in strength.

These assholes are certainly happy to see me now. You know what, though, that stripper bitch still turns me into a Pig and leaves me in the alley. Bitch.

Yeah, yeah...

I like how he basically goes bythewaytheybothwerespyingonyou BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS...

The guy grabs my sword and looks it up and down. Well, it is pretty big.

Yeah, I know it doesn't make any sense at all to you (assuming you haven't played the game). Don't worry about it.

I like how he basically goes "I DUNNO LOL" but in an old wise man way of saying it.

At least Tellah knows the deal. Hell yeah.

Not only that, but he's a selfish hate consumed dick! ROCK ON

Remember that room that's basically a teleport from here to Baron? Yeah, we're going to use that.

Yeah I kinda skipped the dialogue where the elder decides to let them go with us, so this is kinda funny!

Remember this place LOL!

But anyway, here we are, literally steps away from Baron. Things are going to get really interesting soon, but you guys are going to have to wait until the next installment! Dun dun dun!
I thought Tellah was some famous sage...

"Fortunately, his former reputation as a wizard is completely unknown even to his daughter Anna, and so he passes his days in peace, as an ordinary person."

What the fuck. But Palom and Porom know of his stature?
Well, given that Palom and Porum lived in Mysidia, it makes sense that they and everyone Mysidia would know of Tellah, but considering that Anna was born, lived, and died on the other side of the planet, how would she know?
I liked it. It might just be me (and my love for deceasedcrab), but I'd tone down the language a bit. I think the only other person I've heard curse who I still watch is ProtonJon, since playing Kaizo... kind of deserves cursing. Whatever floats your boat, though. I'd watch another entry. :)

I'm liking these little added info things. I seriously have to find out where you're getting it from. Are they scans? Or did someone translate it and make a .txt or something of it? <.<
Nice to see you still at this Feld'. I'll probably be playing this as FFIV is coming to the DS within a week IIRC. Luckily I managed to avoid all your entries apart from the first one and the last one
INTERESTING TIP: I was looking through some game mechanics, and apparently, once Edward hits Level 70, his stats skyrocket with every level, and eventually he gets the highest core stats in the game.

I'm definitely going to try this later on in the game.
Good luck getting him to 70 first :P.
I'm not sure how much EXP the enemies in the new dungeons give out, so it may be pretty easy or hard as shit. We'll see.
author=Feldschlacht IV link=topic=1303.msg24642#msg24642 date=1216616713
INTERESTING TIP: I was looking through some game mechanics, and apparently, once Edward hits Level 70, his stats skyrocket with every level, and eventually he gets the highest core stats in the game.

I'm definitely going to try this later on in the game.
This is interesting news
Dude my core stats skyrocket all the time. That's nothing new.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Yikes, unmasked cecil sure got prissy :(