[FORUM GAME] RISE OF THE HIGHLANDER

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I nod.

I hand Feng'gar my torch after I'm done looking through the door, assuming I don't get attacked the moment I open it.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I'm a bit uncertain about how time passes in this game. How often am I supposed to pray?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I'm reasonably positive that now isn't the best time.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Oh, I don't know. Oh-my-god-oh-my-god-we're-all-going-to-die seems like a pretty good time to pray.
"Thanks."

I take the torch and try to illuminate the area above and around the entrance to see where that draft came from. Assuming nothing unexpected happens, I return the torch to Ratfest after I'm finished inspecting the area.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Jereon, in regards to your Prayer needs: Think of it as Twice every 24 hours. You've already prayed once, so you need only to pray again within the next 24 hours. Then, the next 24 block after that, you'll need to pray twice.

Your first prayer started the first 24 hours block, so assume you have 23 more hours until you absolutely MUST pray a second time. Ideally, you pray at the beginning of this 24 hours block and once more before the end of it, as that will net you the highest friendship score gain. Pray only once within 24 hours, and you'll remain neutral. Don't pray at all, and your friendship score is hurt.
You'll get an update on your friendship score with your angel after the second prayer.

This reminds me guys, EVERY NPC has a Friendship score with you or the party. From -100 to 100, -100 being mortal enemies, 100 being inseparable soulmates.

-----Turn 10-----
Ratfest moves over to the left(west) door and begins cutting down the webbing, (16) tearing through it with his inhuman strength, and getting it done relatively quickly. He opens the door and peers through with his torch. (14) The torchlight doesn't illuminate the entire room, only the half Ratfets has entered into. It seems to be a long, rectangular room that goes south back towards the entrance. There are tables cut as reliefs from the stone wall on the left side and what looks to be beds of stone lining the right wall. They have rotten cloth and damp pillows. The walls goes up about 15 feet before coming to a clean, flat ceiling covered in webbing, with many round, blue objects dangling from it, all varying in size. There appears to be a few bits and bops on the tables, and each bed has a footlocker. After Ratfest's first look, Feng'gar asks for his torch. After receiving it, Feng'gar raises it up above where they came into the room, 2 and spies a hole just above it, leading upwards on a steep slope. He cannot tell how far it goes, as the light doesn't reach that far.
Adira and Sophie prepare for the event that whatever caused the apparent death of the orc at the entrance, Adira by climbing up onto the dais, and Sophie by readying her weapons and going on high alert.
Reistpay continues his study of the cube, and with the power of his MIND, he begins to understand more thing about it.
It contains a high concentration of WATER energy, yet is covered in a layer of a NECROTIC/WATER mix that seems to prevent extraction of the energies, and manifests as ice covering the cube. If one could break past this "Curse", they would be able to absorb the water energies and gain some kind of benefit, similar to the stone he had used to expand his magical power earlier.
A small tumble of rocks is heard somewhere near the entrance to the room.
----Party Status-----
Ratfest: Torso: Moderate Injury(Bandaged)
Right Arm: Moderate Injury
1/2 Spells Per Day
Holding a Burning Torch
Pet Rat
Bag: 3*Bandages, 20 Meter Chain, Mysterious Black Gem
Adira: No Injury
Ring of +1 Defense (+1 vs injury rolls)
Bag:Potion of Healing, 2*Speed Oil, Ranger's Journal
Sophie: Head: Minor Injury
Bag:2*Rationa, Mini-Potion of Healing, Weighted Coin
Feng'gar: No Injury
Bag:2*Rations, Potion of Healing, True-Shot Potion, Beginners Guide to Herbology, 5*Ceruleo-Byro.
Reistpay: No Injury
4/6 Spells Per Day
Bag:Potion of Healing, Potion of Defense, 2*Potion of Mind, Book of Scriptures
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Alright, but what's the turn/hour conversion rate?
Seiromem
Uh, there is none.

A turn =/= any set amount of time. It's just notes when a group of actions has been submitted, and is used for skill/spell cooldowns and also #of turns of combat all at once.

Most combat actions are about 6-10 seconds long, while casual actions take a few minutes. Anything else I'll specify how much time it took.

Also, unless you have a clock, or have been counting since you last entered the cave, you don't know the exact amount of time that has passed. However, the higher your mind the more accurately you're able to get a sense of how much time has past, and with Reistpay's Mind stat, he feels about one hour has passed since they entered the cave, set up camp, and got to this part of the ruins.
Jeroen_Sol
Alright, thanks!

I pick up the cube in order to try and break the curse on it later and follow the group, presuming we move this turn.
pianotm
"Sophie, Feng'ar, you follow Ratfest while I cover you. I'll follow behind."

Wait for them to exit, and then follow behind, keeping my weapon aimed at the door we came in from.
LockeZ
"Just a bedroom this way. A surprisingly big one, and almost definitely now home to darker creatures. We may find some abandoned personal items, but whatever made this shrine worth living in will be elsewhere."

I quietly close the door, and move to the east side of the room and cut down the webbing from that door. Then I enter a few steps into the east room.

"Seems whatever attacked our guide has left us alone for now, though. Good. I don't suppose anyone has any ideas about the frozen door in the back?"

----

Now that we've collected a magical item that was displayed prominently on a pedestal at the top of an altar, this is probably the point where I should ask: What does our group know about the treasures in this place? Did we come here looking for something specific, or just following generic rumors of "treasure?"

From the way the cube was displayed, I feel like if we were looking for something specific, then the cube was probably what we came here for. If so, maybe we should be leaving.
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
"We could probably hit it a bunch, attempt to break it. Or use that torch you have there to warm it up and melt it, which would make sense."

LockeZ
"This lamp is a source of light, not of incineration. It would take days to melt through a block of ice the size of that door, and it's like to be as frozen on the other side, if not twice so. You might as well stand there and breathe on the ice if you're looking for a faster method of entry."

"Smashing it, though, now that just might work." I eye my meathook. Not exactly the best tool for the job. "Keep an eye out for anything blunt and heavy we could swing at the ice. Aside from Sophie's head, which certainly is obtuse enough, but we might yet need."
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
"Hmmph! I'm not obtuse! Maybe we can use YOUR thick skull to break it open? Other than that, it's likely we could find something in the bedchamber we could swing at the ice, if you wanna go look? We might even find something to sate my bloodlust."
pianotm
The footlockers from the bedroom. They might be heavy enough.

"Ratfest, did you see anything heavy enough in the bedroom that might work?
LockeZ
"There were footlockers at the foot of each bed. They might suffice in a pinch, depending on what they're made of, but after this many years they might be naught but rotting timber. Everything else I saw looked to be carved out of the walls. We would need a hammer and chisel to pry it free, and that's exactly what we haven't in the first place. I couldn't see all the way to the back, of course."

"We can investigate more thoroughly if we need, but we're just as likely to find a sledgehammer or a crate of gunpowder in the remaining mystery rooms on the east side."
Seiromem
Oh, perfect! Now I get to give an example of an immediate reaction!

If one of your actions were to have an effect that is immediate and probably would affect others' actions, I have it happen immediately so that none of you guys feel your actions are wasted, and you can change your actions accordingly (Or don't, you always have the choice)

Reistpay: "I pick up the cube"
The moment Reistpay places his hands around the cube, he feels an otherworldly chill as his hands freeze solid. The ice rapidly encases his arms, then his torso, and soon his entire body is covered in ice.
Reistpay himself is confused, as he finds himself still conscious, yet unable to move or physically act. His vision is distorted, almost as if looking through warped glass.
pianotm
Cancel action

Use the three pronged metal object I acquired to secure the cube from Reistpay, and try to free him from the ice, being careful not to injure him.
LockeZ
I press the palm of my gloved hand against the middle of my face and sigh.

"A bag. This is why I said to put it in a bag. Unbelievable."
Jeroen_Sol
"That was careless of me. I very much underestimated the power of that curse." I think, though I'm unable to voice these thoughts, being completely encased in ice.