[FORUM GAME] RISE OF THE HIGHLANDER

Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Hello, I'm back again with another forum game. Don't worry, I've learned from my previous failures, and have learned what I really want to run and how to go about it!
There can be a maximum of Five Participants
Like the first one I did(but didn't finish) the players shall all create characters who go on an adventure together, using their abilities to succeed!

Firstly, here are the rules:
The D20 or D100 decide ALL! All your actions' success depends on the D20 roll
1=CRITICAL FAILURE
2-6=Failure
7-9=Inadequate
10-15= Adequate Success
16-19= Great Success
20=Critical Success
There won't be numerical bonuses to these rolls, HOWEVER: You can increase your odds by gaining an advantage on the roll somehow. With advantage, you may roll twice and take the higher roll. If you have multiple advantages, you can roll multiple times and take the highest of those rolls, for a maximum of four times.
Beware, things can give you disadvantage as well, where you instead take the lower of all the rolls.
INJURY AND FATIGUE
Your health is measured with two variables: Injury and Fatigue
With injury, if an enemy rolls well and gets their attack off, you must roll for injury on a body part. The injury rolls are as follows:
1=Crippling
2-7=Major
8-15=Moderate
16-20=Minor
There are five levels of injury, the four listed and a fifth and final one: Fatal.
If you have a minor injury and roll on the table again, and roll equal to or higher than your current injury level, your injury level goes up by one step. If the body part is crippled and injured once more, the injury becomes fatal.
If you take a fatal injury on your head or torso, you must roll a d20 once it becomes fatal and every time it would take another injury. If you roll an 8 or higher, you survive and the torso injury is technically gone; you must then roll to decide on the permanent injury you will receive:
1: Destroyed Organ
2-10: Damaged Organ
11-19: Weakened Organ
20: Roll again, ignoring this result, to decide an injury that lasts for 1 week before getting 1 step better(From Destroyed--->Damaged--->Weakened) for another week until cured.
For a head injury, you must roll an 11 or higher to not die, and roll for these injuries:
1: Insanity
2-10: Memory Loss
11-19: Concussion
20: Roll again, ignoring this result to decide an injury that lasts for 1 week before getting 1 step better(Insanity--->Memory Loss--->Concussion) for another week until cured.
Fatal Limb & Appendage injuries risk the loss of the limb or the permanent injury of the limb.
Permanent Injury Roll:
1: loss of limb/appendage.
2-7 Lame: The limb goes lame and can barely function.
8-13 Limp: You have a limp and are only half as effective with the limb for the first three months, then you’re only three-quarters as effective.
14-19 Weakened: The limb is more susceptible to injury, roll twice and take the worse result when rolling for injury
20: Roll again, ignoring this result and the 1 result to decide on an injury that lasts for 1 week before getting 1 step better(Lame--->Limp--->Weakened) for another week until cured.
Fatigue: You gain levels or fatigue, 1-10, after strenuous activities such as running for a long time or some form of sleep deprivation. The higher the fatigue level, the more intense the penalties will be. They can range from shortness of breath, blurred vision, ringing of the ears, and weakness in muscles. At 10 levels of fatigue, you go unconscious and circumstance decides your fate.

You may discuss your actions for as long as you like. Once you have an action you're sure on, be sure to BOLD it for two reasons:
So I can know for sure THIS is the action you want to take
So I can find your actions easily.

Relationship Score (-100 to 100)
Gain a relationship point for doing friendly things and such. The better your score, the more willing friends are to appreciate you and want to help you. The negative scale is for making enemies.

That's about it on how to play, now for
Character Creation

Stats- Your stats don’t give you any numerical bonuses, just that the higher they are, the more shit you can pull off. They also help me determine your skills.
STR: Ability to wield heavier weapons, carry more, wear heavier armor, do physical activities and how long you can do them.
DEX: Aim, measuring distances and angles, hand-eye coordination, and balance.
MIND: Memory, intelligence, wisdom, logic, etc.
CHA: Sociability, persuasiveness, intimidation, and anything related to charisma.

Elemental Affinities: Pick two affinities and one deficiency.
WATER FIRE EARTH AIR CELESTIAL PROFANE NECROTIC FORCE
Affinity allows you bonuses when dealing with the elements, whether it be gaining advantage, being unable to fail critically, or avoiding injury.
Deficiency gives you penalties when dealing with that element, from disadvantage, to increased chance of critical failure, or getting injured more than normal.
The higher the affinity or deficiency, the more likely you are to being subject to these bonuses or penalties as well as their intensity.

Once you've got that decided, you can decide on a name, your race, your class name, the weapon you use, and how you want to play.
All of these factors will help with you character's identity and will decide what skills you start with and get later on.

Here's a template and an example:
Name: Race:
Class: Weapon:
8 Stat points to allocate, you start with 2 in each.
STR: 2
DEX: 2
MIND: 2
CHA: 2
Elemental Affinities (2)
Elemental Deficiency (1)
Desired Playstyle
5 pieces of Starting Equipment(Anything you want that isn't over-power(Like A Revival Item))

Example:
Malak, Titan
Warmonger, Warhammer
STR: 5
DEX: 5
MIND: 2
CHA: 4
FIRE EARTH
FORCE
Someone who runs in and deals massive damage by smashing skulls with his hammer, preparing himself for battle with FIRE and EARTH buffing magic!
A Two rations, A Potion of Healing, A Potion of Endure Elements, and a piece of secret string.

Once all of that is squared away, I will make the first post to get the story started, and we'll go from there!

For your first adventure, the players will be exploring a mountain-side ruin in a cold land.

Sign up now, and we'll start when a few other forum games are either nearing their end or finished. So four or five days, perhaps? We'll break for events such as the McBacon jam, but otherwise I hope to come to this every few days. I will 100% update this on Tuesdays and Thursday for the foreseeable future.

Kloe: Sophie the Elven Rogue
Jeroen_Sol: Riestpay the Human Preist
pianotm: Adira the Dark Elf Ranger
Bart_Sol: Feng'gar the Wolfman Ranger
LockeZ: Ratfest the Lich Meatshield

I WILL FINISH THIS ONE
MARK MY WORDS
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
Yay! It was fun last time, I'll join, let me fill it out then edit this poat!

Edit: Accidentally posted again instead, stupid tablet, sorry, look 2 posts down.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Can I host and play a forum game at the same time? Probably not, but I'll do it anyway. Same here, I'm going to edit this post with my stats.

Name: Riestpay, Race: Human
Class: Priest, Weapon: Book
STR: 2
DEX: 3
MIND: 7
Affinity: CELESTIAL + WATER
Weakness: EARTH
Playstyle: Supports his allies with a wide array of heals, buffs and debuffs, with a small collection of damage-dealing CELESTIAL and WATER spells. Scrawny as he is, he tries to stay as far away from any enemies as possible.
Inventory: Potion of Healing, Potion of Defense, 2*Potion of Mind, Book of Sciptures
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Can I host a forum game and play two at once? Probably not, but I'm going to anyway.

Name: Adira
Race: Dark Elf
Class: Ranger
Weapon: Bow/arrow

STR: 3
MIND: 4
Elemental Affinities: Earth, water
Elemental Deficiency: Necrotic
Careful appraisal of enemy strengths and weaknesses, and then launching ranged attacks.
Potion of Healing, 2*Speed Oil, Ring of +1 Defense, personal journal containing a catalogue of plants and bestiary.

Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
Name: Sophie
Race: Elf
Class: Rogue
Weapon/s: Dual Daggers
STR: 3
DEX: 6
MIND: 3
Elemental Affinities: Necrotic, Air
Elemental Deficiency: Profane
Desired Playstyle: Someone who can go in stealthily, and kill them before the enemy has time to react. With Necrotic and Air magic, uses the Wind and Shadows to her advantage in stealth and killing things.
Starting Items: Two Rationa, A small healing potion, a weighted coin and a cool Scarf.
I would really like to join too! (Here's hoping my studies won't suffer from all these forum games xD)

Name - Feng'gar
Race - Wolfman
Class - Ranger
Weapon - Bow and arrow
STR: 4
MIND: 5
CHA: 2
Affinities - AIR EARTH
Deficiency - NECROTIC
Playstyle - Someone who fights on the back row, firing arrows at his opponents while pummeling them with air and earth elemental debuffs.
Items - Two rations, A Potion of Healing, An accuracy potion, A beginner's guide to herbology
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Kloe, nuuuu. You also chose AIR. :C

I'll go with WATER instead.
Seiromem
Wow, four participants in just two hours! That's encouraging!

Once we get five players, I think we'll start a couple hours after I notice. If we don't get a fifth member within a few days, I'll start anyways.

Also, here are your skills and spells! If you're unhappy with something, lemme know and I'll change it! I'd appreciate a suggestion if you don't like the skill/spells I've given you. Everyone starts with three, they can either be a spell, a passive, an active, or something unique.

PLAYER ABILITIES
Riestpay
Abilities:
Divine Connection: By praying every morning and night for a long time, your friendship score increases with a guardian angel. Once that friendship score is high enough, you may call upon the angel for assistance. This does not reset your friendship score, but you must wait 30 days before requesting assistance once more. Not praying will deplete your friendship score significantly.

You can cast 5 spells per day.
Spells Known
Spell: WATER: Soothing Stream: A stream of water bounces between your allies, soothing their fatigue and potentially mending their injuries. Once the wave hits one ally, they are cured of 1 fatigue level and you roll a d20: a 15 or higher lowers an injury by one step. Afterwards roll again, on an 8 or higher the wave bounces to another ally, repeating the process, except the number to roll for the bounce gets 2 higher for each ally healed.
Spell: CELESTIAL: Divine Protection: For three turns an ally is protected by divine radiance: Roll a d20: On a 1-5 the spell fails; your prayer was ignored 6-15: The target ally has advantage on injury rolls 16-19: target ally has advantage on injury rolls and enemies have disadvantage on attack action rolls. 20: Target ally is healed an injury step and gets the 16-19 bonus

Adira
Abilities:
Passive: Animal Handler: Your time as a ranger grants you understanding into how animals work. You have advantage when handling animals except for when you attack or harm them.
Active: Analyze Foe: You analyze a foe, discerning it’s apparent strengths and weaknesses. You have advantage on your next two attacks against the creature you analyze and the creature has disadvantage on it’s next two attacks against you.
You can only have one foe analyzed at a time.
Active: Doubleshot: Gives an enemy two injuries if you hit them with great success or higher. Failure is always critical, however.

Ratfest
Abilities:
Active: Rank Yank: You throw your meathook at an enemy. If you hit, roll a d20 and a d100.
For the d20, on a 1-4 you only injure them 5-9 The enemy is grappled and cannot move 10-15 The enemy is pulled towards you and grappled 16-19: The enemy is stunned by the yank and cannot act for one round. 20: You can cast a curse the moment you pull the enemy towards you as well as the 16-19 result.

Can cast two spells per day
Spells Known
Spell: PROFANE: Curse of Pestilence: When you touch a creature roll a D100 Results: 1-25: The enemy resists the curse 26-50: The enemy is cursed with your choice of Filth Fever or Tetanus 51-75 The enemy is cursed for three rounds rather than 2 76-100: Enemy is cursed with Both diseases for three rounds.
Spell: NECROTIC: Corp’splosion: When you touch a corpse, you curse it with a festering plague that will cause it to explode either on detonation or one hour later, whichever comes first. Those caught in the explosion risk injry and disease (50% chance to get on of 1d4 disease(listed Above)

Sophie
Abilities:
Passive: Elven Steps: Your elvish nature grants you appropriate grace in your movements. You have advantage on actions that relate to stealth.

You can cast two spells per day
Spells Known
Spell: Necrotic/Air: Invisibility: You become invisible for one minute. The spell ends prematurely if you interact with objects such as doors or picking up a plate, or if you attack another creature.
Spell: Air: Wind-Dash: You travel with a sudden gust of wind a moderate distance.

Feng’gar
Abilities:
Active: Multishot: You can do a rapid fire attack on more than one creature, however you have one stack of disadvantage on your rolls for each target above 2, to a max of 5 targets.
(For example, if you attack three people, you roll at disadvantage. Four people: Roll 3 take the lowest, 5: Roll four take the lowest. You take the disadvantage on each shot.

You can cast two spells per day
Spells Known
Spell: EARTH: Mudify: You turn stone or dirt slick or muddy. Stone turned slick is slippery, and those who walk on it have a 30-DEX% chance to slip.
Dirt turned muddy impedes movement, taking double the amount of effort to move through than normal.
Spell: AIR/EARTH: Dustcloud: You whip up a cloud of dust which can envelop multiple targets. Roll d20: On 1-6 the targets are blinded for three round 7-15 the target have their vision halved 16-20 targets cover their and are only blinded for one round.
Jeroen_Sol
Awesome. Now we just need a physical tank to take the hits while me and the rangers remain at a safe distance.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
OK, I'm in. Tank it is.

Name: Ratfest
Race: Lich (Formerly Human)
Class: Meatshield
Weapon: Meat Hook

STR: 6
DEX: 4
MIND: 4
CHA: 1
(I'm not taking any bonuses to make up for having less than the normal starting amount of charisma. I'm just visibly rotting.)

Affinity: Profane, Necrotic
Weakness: Celestial
Playstyle: Pulls enemies to himself using the meat hook to protect allies. Uses physical attacks to deal damage, but also uses minor curses to disorient or debilitate enemies that get too close to him. These curses require him to touch the enemy and cannot be used long-range. The dark magic that sustains his un-life binds his soul to this world and can rebuild his flesh after it gets ripped off.
Inventory: Bandages, 20 Meter Chain, Torch, Pet Rat, Mysterious Black Gem

I'm really glad you started this because I was thinking of starting an RPG myself! This is way less work!
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Aww, LockeZ beat me to it but basically made the character I was going to.
Oh, Piano is a ranger too? I can already tell this is going to be interesting xD
On one hand I hope the last member will be a close-range tank, but on the other hand it would be amazing if we become a scrawny noob team with almost no proper defences.

EDIT: Hehe, maybe I should have refreshed the page before posting.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Two rangers can really fuck someone's shit up. We got this thing. It's called a crossfire. Also, you get spells, and I'm totally a beast master up in this!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I'm gonna have trouble in a game where two of you assholes have nearly identical bear avatars and nearly identical names. I'd like to start a petition for you two to draw straws to decide which one of you changes back to your waifu.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Speaking of which.
Jeroen_Sol
Ah, yes. I see how that could be confusing.

Unfortunately we have a forum game to run as well, so...
LockeZ
It's probably confusing there too!
Jeroen_Sol
Not really, since the whole point is that we're basically interchangeable. XD
Seiromem
Ratfest
Abilities:
Active: Rank Yank: You throw your meathook at an enemy. If you hit, roll a d20 and a d100.
For the d20, on a 1-4 you only injure them 5-9 The enemy is grappled and cannot move 10-15 The enemy is pulled towards you and grappled 16-19: The enemy is stunned by the yank and cannot act for one round. 20: You can cast a curse the moment you pull the enemy towards you as well as the 16-19 result.

Can cast two spells per day
Spells Known
Spell: PROFANE: Curse of Pestilence: When you touch a creature roll a D100 Results: 1-25: The enemy resists the curse 26-50 The enemy is cursed with one of 1d4 diseases: Rabies, Tetanus, Filth Fever, Chronic Joint Stiffness 51-75 The enemy is cursed with two 1d4 disease 76-100: Enemy is cursed with 3 of the 1d4 diseases.
This curse lasts for one hour.
Spell: NECROTIC: Corp’splosion: When you touch a corpse, you curse it with a festering plague that will cause it to explode either on detonation or one hour later, whichever comes first. Those caught in the explosion risk injry and disease (50% chance to get on of 1d4 disease(listed Above)

Lemme know what you think LockeZ!
Seiromem
double-whoops

might as well go all the way, I want a page-break!