GAYMAK THE RAINBOW EVENT

RMN is a place of diversity and understanding when it comes to the LGBTA+ community, and we've a fair few openly alternative members when it comes to sexuality and gender, and the community as a whole is great for encouraging people to be themselves and focus on supporting those among us who label themselves as such. This is a great thing and something definitely worth celebrating.

So strike me pink when I realised Pride month was almost over for yet another year without even being mentioned. Fuck that! Let's throw some of that pride around the joint, eh?

And what better way than with an event? Because we didn't just come out of one, now, did we? :DDD

Welcome to GAYmak the Rainbow, a super simple event that will span a week. The event is basically a 'one a day' challenge, with a weekend gammak at the end.

Every day, for seven days, we create a character based on a colour of the rainbow. Then, at the end of the week of rainbow days, a short game over the course of the weekend will be made using any of the characters created during the week.

This is a celebration event so you can start collecting/making resources for it ahead of time.

Here's the general game plan:
- Every day I'll post a topic with the colour inspiration for the day into which you post your created characters.
- Character creation must include a small blurb about the character (who they are, description, etc) and a small graphical image of them (this can be a sketch, a sprite, a portrait, an MS Paint image, etc).
- Characters must be based on the colour of that day in some way, shape or form.
- Since this is a Pride event, I will ask that you try to make a character that isn't just a straight female/male. Mix it up. Try to expand your horizons and push yourself, but remember to be conscientious about your character depictions.
- Every day that you post an image you will receive a badge for that colour. At the end, if you hit all the days, you will get a rainbow badge.
- You will have until the game make weekend starts before the threads get locked, so if your characters aren't in their respective threads by then, you'll miss the badge for that colour day!

At the end of the days, an event page will go up for the weekend GAYmak. It will take place midnight site-time (GMT 0, iirc) Friday and end midnight Sunday. The event page will go in to more detail about the GAYmak itself.

The first colour topic will go up on Saturday, and to be nice I'll tell you that it will be Red.

FAQs
Would it be allowed for us to star other people's characters from this thread in the gamemake on the weekend without limiting it to just our own?
With their permission, I don't see why not. I know not everyone has time during the week to create characters. Some people feel that they're not good at it either. You can definitely choose to only make one character during the week and use that with a combination of others' characters. Or just use others' characters (with their permission!) fully.

rooty-toot-woot-woot I am excited

I can't wait to be crushed by everyone else's art and writing skills \o/
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
I'm not very good at coming up with characters on the fly, and much worse at drawing. So I don't think I'll be joining this event. Still, I hope you all have fun with it!
I was just asked if we could use others' created characters for the gaymak. Honestly, as long as others are okay with it and you have their permission, I don't see why not, so don't give up based on just the character creation portion.

\/
YUP!
marimo
Nessiah's Seme-kun
Would it be allowed for us to star other people's characters from this thread in the gamemake on the weekend without limiting it to just our own?

Edit// DANGIT Libby, don't answer the q before I properly ask it!! X'DDD
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GA
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I woke up today feeling slightly more pumped than usual and I couldn't put my finger on why. I think this thread just answered my question.

I wanna do it!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Can we just use Bleu for when "blue" comes about?

Kidding aside, I've had a few thoughts about this when I saw the page. Nothing concrete, of course.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Marrend
Can we just use Bleu for when "blue" comes about?

Yep. Now someone needs to make a gremlin with its head surrounded by a wheel of cheese à la cat breading.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
In
My first character will be redical.
You can never have enough queer in gaym-make

Will there be any prize for the games themselves, or is it just for fun? XD
Ooooh, this sounds like a lot of fun! I'll probably do sprites for all of the peeps since that's pretty accessible for me. I already have ideas~<3
Do the sprites or images have to be completely original or can they be edited (assuming edits and repost are within the terms for the original resource)?
author=Blindmind
You can never have enough queer in gaym-makeWill there be any prize for the games themselves, or is it just for fun? XD

There'll be a participation badge, yeah.

author=Arcmagik
Do the sprites or images have to be completely original or can they be edited (assuming edits and repost are within the terms for the original resource)?

As long as your character is your own creation I think edits should be okay. I understand that not everyone can pixel or sketch or whatever.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I automatically give NeverSilent permission to use any characters I create in any GAYm he may mak.

EDIT: Addendum: by "NeverSilent", I mean "everyone".
Using other people's characters in our weekend games is a cool idea actually. Everyone has permission to use mine. :P

Although, I could see some rewriting being necessary if your character is a very important person.
HURRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAY FOR GAY

edit: i might not make a game (hahaha when do i make games) but i will try to make some characters and i allow anyone to use them for anything yay
Since I have nothing else to do, other than working on a game that's been in development hell for far too long, I guess I'll join in.

Though, at the speeds I work, my submissions may come in an hour late if there is a time deadline; that is, if the event starts next week.

EDIT: You know what, gotta get all those badges! That's my goal!
The event will start this Saturday and run week-long til next Friday. Then Saturday/Sunday of that week will be a gammak.